PDA

View Full Version : The Clinton Gall

bigmack
05-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Invoking JFK's assassination and its occurrence in June? Wow!

Even those of her party have simply had enough already.

pa85uo1QyGw

sny8VfgcjaI

JustRalph
05-23-2008, 10:11 PM
RFK......... not JFK

riskman
05-24-2008, 01:41 AM
Keith Olbermann's rant is similiar to one who should be confined to a mental facility. His doctor needs to adjust his meds. Hillary should stay in the race--the super delegates may decide (correctly) that she has a better chance against McCaine than Obama.
How the Dems could decide to not have a winner take all primary system is beyond me. The general election is a winner take all electoral system, how can you test a candidates strength when your primary system is proportional voting. In addition, those proportional delegates are not distributed equally throughout the state which adds to the folly. It is true madness.
And Democrats wonder why they keep losing elections.

Overlay
05-24-2008, 02:52 AM
To me, the Democrats' delegate allocation system (which was devised, as far as I can tell, with the intent of being as "fair" as possible, and to give each of their various constituencies the perception that their voice is being heard in selecting the nominee) proves the truth of the saying, "I don't know the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please everybody."

Suff
05-24-2008, 05:37 AM
Keith Olbermann's rant is similiar to one who should be confined to a mental facility. His doctor needs to adjust his meds. Hillary should stay in the race--the super delegates may decide (correctly) that she has a better chance against McCaine than Obama.
How the Dems could decide to not have a winner take all primary system is beyond me. The general election is a winner take all electoral system, how can you test a candidates strength when your primary system is proportional voting. In addition, those proportional delegates are not distributed equally throughout the state which adds to the folly. It is true madness.
And Democrats wonder why they keep losing elections.

risky,

let me ask you to take a look at what your saying versus what is happening.

First off, Both parties have had on and off proportional systems.

So its not a Democratic issue and the fault of the current Republican system is its over after two primaries There is no primary, Its one or two states picking the nominee
. If you don't win two of the first two or one big one like Florida, your out, and 80% of Republican primary
voters are now meaningless. Your primaries are meaningless formalities.
Remember Guilanni? One state and out? That's a national election?

But Riskman here this,

In addition to winning both the House and Senate in 2006, Democrats took over 12 State legislatures, and went 6 for 6 in taking Governers seats in 2006.

Think for a minute, Tom Delay? House Majority leader , his seat went Democratic last election.
Denny Hasterts seat in Illionos? Ex Speaker of the House. his seat was lost to the Democrats last week. A Missisipi seat that was in Republican hands for 50 years went Democrat this week. Demopcrats went 3 for 3 in all special elections in 2008.

Here are some DIRECT quotes you should hear.

"I think obviously when you lose three of these in a row you have to go beyond campaign tactics," Cole said, adding that it brings up the question:
"Is there something wrong with your product?"

Tom Cole
Chairman National Republican Committe.

Cantor acknowledged that efforts to brand a candidate as "too liberal" or "too out of sync" won’t cut it with
voters.

"What does work, though, is a realization that the paradigm has been shifted," Cantor said.
"This country is tired of excuses and doesn’t want to hear about ‘too liberal’ or ‘too this’ or ‘too that.’

Eric Cantor
Self described ROCK RIB REPUBLICAN

This is what is happening, There will be no Republican party in 2012. Its breaking apart. This is not my opinion..... Its forcast by many on both sides. There will be no more Republican party in 2012, or by 20016. Its dead. The end.

Another one for you.

Don’t just put a new wrapper on the product and hire a new sales crew.
Let’s revamp, consistent with our principles and remember that this election is about independent voters.
Even if we get every Republican out to vote, we lose without Independents.
Forget the Democrats. They’ve been waiting to get back since the Florida recount.
It’s all about the Independents, or we drop to a 170-180 seat permanent minority.

Yes, we’ll be comfortable in our caucus, but we’ll be irrelevant for the next decade.

Tom Davis
Republican

Never in the entire history of Congress have the Democrats fell to 180 seat minority. In 2008 the Democrats will pick up another 30 seats in the house, and six senate seats. Plus the Presidency. Republicans will be irrelvant and impotent in six months.

Obama will beat McCain by 8% maybe 10%. Obama is a guy who many wonder if he is a Muslim communist!
And America is willing to take that chance than have one more day under a Republican. That is how absolutely distasteful America finds Conservative Republicans.

Remember a Democrat has not even stepped in the ring with McCain yet, all McCain has done so far is shadow box. When he gets hit, he'll suffer.
Obama and Clinton got each other battled tried and battle tough.

That's all my opinion I want to add. The facts here are indisputable. The Democrats are winning everything in site and your on a message board typing ' they wonder why they keep losing elections"

This place here is a vacum. . When you leave here and come back you see what an Insane Asylum Pace Advantage really is. Some of these guys need counseling of some kind. The things that people say here , with a straight face!! It really is mentall illness here, its not Olberman, he's the sane one, this place is crazy.

As quick as you can get something distasteful in your mouth and spit it out? That's how quick America is spitting out Republicans. To flip all these States and all these Federal bodies in 10-12 years is like the speed of light.

Not much of whats said here on Pace Advantage approaches reality. Look at your own post? Its boggles the mind on you can type "they wonder why they keep losing elections" when in fact Democrats are beating your F'ing head in.

Read this and weap sucker, You're beat! (http://www.cq.com/flatfiles/editorialFiles/temporaryItems/2008/20080515-tom-davis-memo.pdf)

ezrabrooks
05-24-2008, 08:56 AM
"Obama will beat McCain by 8% maybe 10%.". You booking that one? I doubt it. Posts as long as yours are usually BS...and you didn't disappoint.

lsbets
05-24-2008, 09:00 AM
"Obama will beat McCain by 8% maybe 10%.". You booking that one? I doubt it. Posts as long as yours are usually BS...and you didn't disappoint.

There's no usually about the BS part. Posts from Suff are always BS.

Obama will not win. Not a chance. Half his party won't vote for him in the general election, and we'll end up with McCain.

broadreach
05-24-2008, 10:06 AM
She'll be mainly blamed if Obama loses to McCain.

Then she'll be back for another attempt in 2012!

Tom
05-24-2008, 11:02 AM
I just don't see this as anything.
I was not offended by what she said and have no doubt she did not mean it in any way other what she says she did. When I hear RFK I think first of hjs assasination, in Califirnia, in June, because I was a junior in high school and we sat in the auditorium watching TV coverage that mornig. She is close to my age, so I am sure she remembers it much like I do.

I think this is nothing to get riled up about.
And I am certainly no fan of Hillary. But give her a break.

Cangamble
05-24-2008, 11:14 AM

Right now on Betfair (they've matched over $3.5 million by the way on the Presidential race), you will make $75 for every $100 bet on Obama. If you bet $100 on McCain and he wins, you stand to profit $145
Hillary shot up to 19-1 from 11-1 last week. Al Gore is 42-1

clearly Obama is a heavy favorite. Much to my chagrin.

alydar
05-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Right now on Betfair (they've matched over $3.5 million by the way on the Presidential race), you will make $75 for every $100 bet on Obama. If you bet $100 on McCain and he wins, you stand to profit $145

At one time I thought that the cards were stacked against Obama. I am not so sure anymore. My sense is that the country is ready for change and will elect Obama, in spite of the uphill battle he has with electoral votes. Gas prices at 4+ dollars, an economy that is likley to be worse in November than now and no progress in terms of getting out of Iraq will be too tough to overcome for McCain.

Cangamble
05-24-2008, 11:43 AM
At one time I thought that the cards were stacked against Obama. I am not so sure anymore. My sense is that the country is ready for change and will elect Obama, in spite of the uphill battle he has with electoral votes. Gas prices at 4+ dollars, an economy that is likley to be worse in November than now and no progress in terms of getting out of Iraq will be too tough to overcome for McCain.
That is usually what it boils down to come elections. If the economic cycle is good, the same President or party stays, if the economy is looking crap, the opponent gets in.

It will be tougher now for McCain because of the Hagee stuff. Now Obama is starting to look like the more "spiritual" candidate, which means that Fundy Repubs may not vote or may actually change their vote. At least enough may, to make a difference.

Lefty
05-24-2008, 11:45 AM
How can he be elected when he keeps saying stufflike this:
'Americans can no longer set their thermostats where they want, eat the food they want, drive Suv's and expect the rest of the world to be ok with it.'
I paraphrase only slightly, he this crap. A tax raiser, an appeaser. He will wreck the economy for sure.

banacek
05-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Somehow the only thing I can think about Hillary is (ironically) the Black Knight.

"Now stand aside worthy adversary" "Tis but a scratch"

Can't get it to embed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eMkth8FWno

Marshall Bennett
05-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Hillary's only chance of having a go of it in 2012 is to insure Obama loses the general election in November . No way would she ever win a nomination over an incumbent . Don't be surprised to see a large number of her supporters voting for McCain . Regardless of the condition of the economy or how well the war is going , this could well be the straw that breaks Obama's back . She's a ruthless woman and will get her way , one way or the other .

Tom
05-24-2008, 12:54 PM
How can he be elected when he keeps saying stufflike this:
'Americans can no longer set their thermostats where they want, eat the food they want, drive Suv's and expect the rest of the world to be ok with it.'
I paraphrase only slightly, he this crap. A tax raiser, an appeaser. He will wreck the economy for sure.

The only difference between this slug and Carter is the huge ears!
Carter's misery speech was his downfall, this crack-pot statement will come back to haunt this fool. Obama has a future in building porches.:lol:

ddog
05-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I just don't see this as anything.
I was not offended by what she said and have no doubt she did not mean it in any way other what she says she did. When I hear RFK I think first of hjs assasination, in Califirnia, in June, because I was a junior in high school and we sat in the auditorium watching TV coverage that mornig. She is close to my age, so I am sure she remembers it much like I do.

I think this is nothing to get riled up about.
And I am certainly no fan of Hillary. But give her a break.

agreed.
much ado about nothing, but with candidates like these what else is there to talk about?

they agree on about 99% of things, so it's long since devolved into a class/race/income/gender b.s. festival.

AND, as i said long ago, I still am not convinced a black dude is getting elected in this country.
i may believe it ONLY when I see it.

I still give Clinton a 30-40% shot of getting the nod.

Greyfox
05-24-2008, 01:56 PM
agreed.
much ado about nothing, but with candidates like these what else is there to talk about?

How true. McCain was in the lowest 5 students in his class at West Point.

Obama offers no substance, just catchy mantras that have youth googly eyed.

Clinton, seems prudent most of the time, and then every now and then she says something "off the wall" right out of the blue.

The country is begging for a leader like Norman Schwarzkopf to step forward.
And from the other camp, Wesley Clark. The latter put his name forward, but was ousted fast.

bigmack
05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
I still give Clinton a 30-40% shot of getting the nod.
I hope you don't use a similar technique for creating an odds line in this game.

The pathetic part for the Dems (not including having Suff in their corner) is that it was theirs for the taking and it's all slipping away. How could Obama possibly win with a large slice of Hillary support saying they wouldn't support him?

What's left, the economy REALLY tanks and people lean Obama vrs. McCain because Dems would do a better job on the economy? Don't make me laugh.

The issue of bringing up RFK being shot in June of an election year was to illustrate a time line? I say it was a desperate attempt to let anyone within earshot know that ANYTHING is possible. No big deal to some - typical win, or scratch, bite, knock down, try & win at all costs, Clintonian tactics to me.

Tom
05-24-2008, 02:49 PM

To his credit, being on the 5 lowest at West Point puts him above about 95% of all the people.

Cangamble
05-24-2008, 02:50 PM
To win the Democratic nomination on Betfair right now.
If you take Obama you can get 7 cents for every dollar bet.

If anyone thinks that she has a 30% chance, she is quite the overlay.

PaceAdvantage
05-24-2008, 03:02 PM
This place here is a vacum. . When you leave here and come back you see what an Insane Asylum Pace Advantage really is. Some of these guys need counseling of some kind. The things that people say here , with a straight face!! It really is mentall illness here, its not Olberman, he's the sane one, this place is crazy.

As quick as you can get something distasteful in your mouth and spit it out? That's how quick America is spitting out Republicans. To flip all these States and all these Federal bodies in 10-12 years is like the speed of light.

Not much of whats said here on Pace Advantage approaches reality. Look at your own post? Its boggles the mind on you can type "they wonder why they keep losing elections" when in fact Democrats are beating your F'ing head in.

Read this and weap sucker, You're beat! (http://www.cq.com/flatfiles/editorialFiles/temporaryItems/2008/20080515-tom-davis-memo.pdf)
It looks like Suff got tired of hanging around the liberal ditto-heads over at Daily Kos and DU and decided to come back to a place where there is actually some diversity of opinion. It gets boring getting nothing but "high-fives" after you open your mouth, eh Suff?

What Suff fails to tell you is that if what he says is true, then there is no way McCain should be doing so well in the beloved national polls that all true liberals love to cite.

ljb
05-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Intrade has the following odds:
Dem nomination
Obama 1/10
Hillary 15/1
To win Presidency
Obama 4/5
McSame 8/5

tonto1944
05-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Let's face one fact. It's the Democratic primary. But race is the name of the game. They complain thatrace is being brought in by the Clinton's wrong. Tell me why 99% of the Blacks are voting for Obama and about 55% of the whites are voting for Cinton. Now you tell me who is being modre racially BIAS.
I think Clinton would have to be insane to run with Obama as VP. If he srews up she's dead meat . Guilt by being VP. Personally I don't like either one. McCain will win. But even though 99% Black voted for him and only probably 35-40% whites will vote for him,they will say his losing was because he was Black . Even though he is a bleeding heart liberal snake.

ezrabrooks
05-24-2008, 06:04 PM

Give a 10% margin of victory... and see how the punters line up... That was my point.

Ez

Tom
05-25-2008, 12:14 PM
You want to talk about gall?
In a story in the NY Post, the Big Apple version of the National Enquirer, prints a story bashing Hillary for her comments, and then the headline they use is "Kenndeys Feel Bobbu-Socked!"

Real classy rag, real classy. Not fit to wrap fish in.
Bring back the golags......Beat the Press!:ThmbDown::ThmbDown::ThmbDown:

boxcar
05-25-2008, 02:12 PM
To me, the Democrats' delegate allocation system (which was devised, as far as I can tell, with the intent of being as "fair" as possible, and to give each of their various constituencies the perception that their voice is being heard in selecting the nominee) proves the truth of the saying, "I don't know the secret of success, but the secret of failure is trying to please everybody."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ain't this truth!?

Boxcar

Suff
05-25-2008, 08:05 PM
It looks like Suff got tired of hanging around the liberal ditto-heads over at Daily Kos and DU and decided to come back to a place where there is actually some diversity of opinion. It gets boring getting nothing but "high-fives" after you open your mouth, eh Suff?

What Suff fails to tell you is that if what he says is true, then there is no way McCain should be doing so well in the beloved national polls that all true liberals love to cite.

I used three quotes and an official memo from the Republican National Committe.
How do you walk away from that talking about daily Kos and Democratic underground?

I've been to Democratic Underground maybe four times?, and all four were clicking on links posted on this board by JustRalph.
I read Daily Kos when something in the news tweaks my curiousity. In the years I've been going there I've started exactly ZERO threads.
I just read, no high fives of any kind. I also read Free Republic and American thinker twice a month or so.

Ok--------------------- clarity time.

Here's a compliation of all the major presidential polls.
Vs McCain, Obama is winning in five of them, tied in one, and losing by 2% or less in the other two.

versus Clinton, McCain is losing all but one.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/national.html

And in the ever important Electoral College, Again, MCain trailing.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/election_2008_electoral_college_update

From where in the hell do you get 'Mcain doing so well in national polls" huh? And daily Kos and DU?, I don't
know what to say about that. Its wierd.

Mike, ZilZal has the political aptitude of a 7th grader. If he is truly a Doctor that is kind of scary.
Debating politics with him is like racing against handicaped people. It just feels like your going fast.

Your off topic board is not diverse, its not anything, its people typing to see themselves type.
There is no real conversation going on here in off topic, sorry to tell you.
80% of what is said in here is incorrect or makes no sense.

My advice to you would be to start over with the idea that you know nothing. Then, every time you think you learn something
run it by three people and take a consensus. This way you can build a foundation and after a time you can form more complex opinions.

Overlay
05-25-2008, 08:46 PM

I've worked for the Army for thirty years, and my mom and dad were both officers in the Navy, so I'm not partial one way or the other, but (just for the record) McCain went to Annapolis (like Carter).

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2008, 12:20 AM
I used three quotes and an official memo from the Republican National Committe.
How do you walk away from that talking about daily Kos and Democratic underground? Oh, I don't know....maybe because you took it upon yourself to shit all over me and my humble little web site? Maybe that's why....:rolleyes:

Suff, I have no time to argue with you....we're in a horrible recession (I know you've heard about it) and I have to go redeem all these tin cans I've spent all day collecting just so I can scrape enough money together to buy a can of dog food....man's gots to eats you know....

And you heard it here first.....if it's McCain vs. Obama, McCain wins....no sweat...

(Actually, I'm kidding about the tin cans and dog food...I actually spent the day with about 180,000 other folks watching a F22-Raptor and the Blue Angels + lots of other aircraft at the annual Memorial Day weekend air show here on Long Island....no better way to spend Memorial Day in my opinion, than watching exactly what it is that makes America oh-so powerful, and what allows you and others to spew forth your copious opinions....)

JustRalph
05-26-2008, 01:48 AM
PA,

Attended the Coca Cola 600 in Charlotte/Concord NC tonight and they put on one hell of a military display with the Army Golden Knights, Choppers galore.....and F-15's flying over. It was quite a show. Then a great Nascar Race broke out right in the middle of the Memorial day festivities. :lol:

Memorial Day is awesome when it comes to military displays.

www.nascar.com

now back to your regularly scheduled thread...........

boxcar
05-26-2008, 01:29 PM
....no better way to spend Memorial Day in my opinion, than watching exactly what it is that makes America oh-so powerful, and what allows you and others to spew forth your copious opinions....)

You would have done well to have added the adjective empty-headed to describe his opinions. :D

Boxcar

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Memorial Day is awesome when it comes to military displays.

Just like May day on the other side. Puffed up baloney.

lsbets
05-26-2008, 01:35 PM

No, its just an appropriate way to remember those who sacrificed their lives to guarantee your right to be an idiot.

boxcar
05-26-2008, 01:37 PM
No, its just an appropriate way to remember those who sacrificed their lives to guarantee your right to be an idiot.

And he exercises that right 24/7!

Boxcar

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Yup Grenada, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq..........NONE of those contests had a damned thing to do with freedom HERE.

Tom
05-26-2008, 02:17 PM
46 - you are entitled to your opinon, but when comes to pissing that vile around on this day, keep your friggin mouth shut. You are as classless as they come.

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 02:18 PM
46 - you are entitled to your opinon, but when comes to pissing that vile around on this day, keep your friggin mouth shut. You are as classless as they come.
Nope. Those wastes of time cost people's lives and accomplished ZILCH.

A Bill O'Reilly ploy? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrNl6-j9x5w

Tom
05-26-2008, 02:29 PM
WE arent' talking about O'Reilyy, dude. We are talking about the people who sacrifice for us all, and we are talking about you being the biggest classless bore of all time for polluting this thread. Aren't they any birds in Canada that you could go out and pull thier wings off?

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 02:30 PM
The lifetime of brainwashing sure worked on you.

Tom
05-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I am brainwashed for supporting our troops and thanking them for their sacrafice? Is that what you are saying, dude?

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 02:36 PM
No....like many a clone, ANY war is simply considered on the same merits. They are a long way from that.

Dude, how original!!!

Tom
05-26-2008, 03:07 PM
You should learn how to read, 46, it will open a whole new world to you.
You never seem to be able to know what any threads you pollute are about.
Your comprehension level is that of a rutabaga.

bigmack
05-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Imagine me being an old curmudgeon gent living in a ranch style spread and this thread being my lawn. I peer out the window and see you thugs spewing things on my lawn. Now what?

GET OUTTA MY YARD YOU KIDS OR I'LL GET MY BB GUN. NOW RUN ALONG.

Marshall Bennett
05-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Memorial day is a day of respect for those who gave their lives to insure morons like yourself had the freedom to even voice their disgust and misguidance in a forum such as this . If anyone here wasn't sure of your feelings about this country before , there should be little doubt now . You make me SICK !!!

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 03:57 PM
Promethazine Theoclate ...works well for that, the sickness that is, NOT the Rah rah war.

Tom
05-26-2008, 05:03 PM
One of the things that help make this country great is that 46 left it. Good ridence. I wonder if I called them, the Mounties would go beat him up like everyone else in a uniform did back home (with good reason, no doubt!)

46zilzal
05-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Delving into tall tales again.

hcap
05-27-2008, 12:44 AM
Ok remember. But also remember most wars are the choice of politicians and moneyed interests. The problem with parades and "solemn ceremonies" is getting lost in the secular religion we call nationalism.

The Americanization of Emily, screenplay by Paddy Chayefsky

Charlie Madison's (James Garner) speech to his English girlfriend's (Julie Andrews) mother, who has lost her husband, son, and son-in-law in the war:

"I don't trust people who make bitter reflections about war, Mrs. Barham. It's always the generals with the bloodiest records who are the first to shout what a Hell it is. And it's always the widows who lead the Memorial Day parades . . . we shall never end wars, Mrs. Barham, by blaming it on ministers and generals or warmongering imperialists or all the other banal bogies. It's the rest of us who build statues to those generals and name boulevards after those ministers; the rest of us who make heroes of our dead and shrines of our battlefields. We wear our widows' weeds like nuns and perpetuate war by exalting its sacrifices."

There is no way to peace. Peace is the way. – Mahatma Gandhi

PaceAdvantage
05-27-2008, 02:14 AM
In my big ol moderator voice:

Please don't call other members idiots of morons...even if it is 46zilal, who appears to have a knack for taking threads (in off-topic and on the horse side) off topic. In fact, many non-political folks on the horse side have asked for 46 to be silenced, so I almost feel compelled to allow 46 to be called an idiot and/or a moron. But then, I myself would end up being called names by those on the left with persecution complexes, and everyone knows, I can't handle being called a name.....

Thank you.

lsbets
05-27-2008, 06:30 AM
There you go again protecting the left PA and coming down on those with sense. More of that overcompensating bias I guess. 46 decides to spew his vile on Memorial Day and you jump in to save him. Pretty disappointing.

Marshall Bennett
05-27-2008, 10:45 AM
In my big ol moderator voice:

Please don't call other members idiots of morons...even if it is 46zilal, who appears to have a knack for taking threads (in off-topic and on the horse side) off topic. In fact, many non-political folks on the horse side have asked for 46 to be silenced, so I almost feel compelled to allow 46 to be called an idiot and/or a moron. But then, I myself would end up being called names by those on the left with persecution complexes, and everyone knows, I can't handle being called a name.....

Thank you.
Sorry PA , won't happen again , I tend to lose it when someone so disrespectfully bashes the country I love and the fallen soldiers of war .

46zilzal
05-27-2008, 11:20 AM
Love those war stories sitting in the bar, akin to that old song GLORY DAYS:

"Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days"

Much like talking about the big fish that got away.

lsbets
05-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Who told a war story 46? No one. People talked about honoring the fallen, and you jumped in with more of your nonsense on the day set aside as a national holiday to remember them.

Am I allowed to call 46's stuff nonsense PA? There are a lot of other things I'd like to say, but I won't because of the kid gloves to 46 rules.

46zilzal
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
It is human nature to embellish the memory with fictional augmentation.

How often do we hear "When I was your age................we had it tough, etc. etc.

Rah Rah war.

lsbets
05-27-2008, 11:41 AM
And can you show me an example of that in this thread 46?

BTW PA - is it okay for 46 to have called Tom a clone in this thread? I'm just trying to understand the rules.

46zilzal
05-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Clone is the same as the Rushies call themselves : DITTOHEADS i.e. don't think for yourself we have your agenda right here to just blindly accept.

lsbets
05-27-2008, 11:48 AM
46, I'm still waiting for your example of a war story from this thread.

Indulto
05-27-2008, 12:53 PM
Most posters that rant at 46 in this thread and others must have few other sources of satisfaction. Why else would they keep responding to/about him knowing he will simply respond unrelentingly to each and every post that involves him or his pet peeves?

How many of Tom's gazillion posts have been in response to or about 46; especially since Sec's posts became infrequent? I suspect that posts by, to, and about 46 take up more server storage than even he thinks he's entitled to. Of that subset, IMO, the ones by him contain more substance than the remainder.

I guess every dog has his bone...Bush is 46's and 46 is almost every right-recliner's here. Bon Appetit!;)

lsbets
05-27-2008, 01:12 PM
Then maybe you can point me to the war stories in this thread Indulto since 46 can't seem to back up his nonsense.

delayjf
05-27-2008, 02:06 PM
Yup Grenada, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq..........NONE of those contests had a damned thing to do with freedom HERE.
Maybe if you lived in some of those places and suffered under its regimes, you might have a better appreciation for this country's military.

ljb
05-27-2008, 02:08 PM
And can you show me an example of that in this thread 46?

BTW PA - is it okay for 46 to have called Tom a clone in this thread? I'm just trying to understand the rules.
ls,
Methinks thou doest protest to much. Just grab a don't give-a-mack attitude and this will be easier for you to handle.

JustRalph
05-27-2008, 03:23 PM
46, of all of the people in the world to quote you pick an 80's Bruce Springsteen song? How insightful............

46zilzal
05-27-2008, 03:31 PM
46, of all of the people in the world to quote you pick an 80's Bruce Springsteen song? How insightful............
When someone expresses an idea well, it deserves quoting.

Tom
05-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Roses are red,
the grass is green.
Get off your ass,
and join the marines.

---John Wayne

lsbets
05-27-2008, 05:20 PM
ls,
Methinks thou doest protest to much. Just grab a don't give-a-mack attitude and this will be easier for you to handle.

I'm just waiting to see if 46 can back up his comments, but like you, he appears to be empty. Good thing you have PA protecting you.

ljb
05-27-2008, 05:28 PM
I'm just waiting to see if 46 can back up his comments, but like you, he appears to be empty. Good thing you have PA protecting you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

riskman
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
risky,

let me ask you to take a look at what your saying versus what is happening.

First off, Both parties have had on and off proportional systems.

So its not a Democratic issue and the fault of the current Republican system is its over after two primaries There is no primary, Its one or two states picking the nominee
. If you don't win two of the first two or one big one like Florida, your out, and 80% of Republican primary
voters are now meaningless. Your primaries are meaningless formalities.
Remember Guilanni? One state and out? That's a national election?

But Riskman here this,

In addition to winning both the House and Senate in 2006, Democrats took over 12 State legislatures, and went 6 for 6 in taking Governers seats in 2006.

Think for a minute, Tom Delay? House Majority leader , his seat went Democratic last election.
Denny Hasterts seat in Illionos? Ex Speaker of the House. his seat was lost to the Democrats last week. A Missisipi seat that was in Republican hands for 50 years went Democrat this week. Demopcrats went 3 for 3 in all special elections in 2008.

Here are some DIRECT quotes you should hear.

This is what is happening, There will be no Republican party in 2012. Its breaking apart. This is not my opinion..... Its forcast by many on both sides. There will be no more Republican party in 2012, or by 20016. Its dead. The end.

Another one for you.

Never in the entire history of Congress have the Democrats fell to 180 seat minority. In 2008 the Democrats will pick up another 30 seats in the house, and six senate seats. Plus the Presidency. Republicans will be irrelvant and impotent in six months.

Obama will beat McCain by 8% maybe 10%. Obama is a guy who many wonder if he is a Muslim communist!
And America is willing to take that chance than have one more day under a Republican. That is how absolutely distasteful America finds Conservative Republicans.

Remember a Democrat has not even stepped in the ring with McCain yet, all McCain has done so far is shadow box. When he gets hit, he'll suffer.
Obama and Clinton got each other battled tried and battle tough.

That's all my opinion I want to add. The facts here are indisputable. The Democrats are winning everything in site and your on a message board typing ' they wonder why they keep losing elections"

Nice rant--you and Olberman are a good fit.
I decided to look at Obama's official platform. Looking at it, it appears thoroughly statist, calling for a hike in the payroll tax cap, new pro-union legislation, blocking insurance companies from denying coverage, a home foreclosure bailout fund, cap payday loan interest rates, carbon cap-and-trade, triple the size of AmeriCorps, double foreign aid contributions, and increase the size of the military by 92,000. On the other side of the coin, Obama does offer a few market-friendly programs, such as increased child care and education tax credits (which Ron Paul also supported), exempt payroll taxes from the first $6,500 of earned income, exempt seniors making under $50,000 from income taxes, supports clean coal (most democrats despise hydrocarbon energy production in general), supports carbon sequestration (more market-friendly than carbon regulation), limits agricultural subsidies to farms earning under $250,000 a year, will reinstate PAYGO, has pledged to get all troops out of Iraq within 16 months, opposes war with Iran, and supports the Genocide Intervention Network, which uses private money and nonstate social action to stymie genocide.

Obama's platform is more akin to "Soft Paternalism", a gentler, less threatening approach to controlling people's lives.
In the grand scheme of things, Obama is far less statist than Hillary (socialism at home, hegemony abroad) and McCain (fascism at home, endless warfare abroad). If Obama wins the democratic nomination, I suspect he'll run with someone like Bill Richardson (who likes market solutions on pragmatic grounds as well), as he can help shore up Obama's dismal support among Hispanics, which could cost him Colorado, New Mexico, and Nevada (19 electoral college votes). Don't get me wrong: in a hypothetical match up in the fall between Obama and McCain, I'll either abstain from voting or write in someones name.

Maybe I will run for president.This is a challenging time for America and it commands strong and ambitious leadership. If there’s anything to be said about guys like me who dream of running for President, it is that we are ambitious and we have ambitious agendas for ourselves, I mean, our nation. Alll you need to know right now is that I stand for:

Hope
Opportunity
Vision
Jobs
Security
And last but certainly not least…

Family Values
I know how to work together with a team and "form coalitions." I am compassionate and I love children and small puppies. Most importantly, I am a very humble man who thinks little of myself and is doing all this for the sake of our nation.

Come on people and news media. You know you are already getting bored talking about McCain, Obama and Hillary. The people want more. Hey, C-SPAN, get on the ball and begin your coverage for "The Road to the White House 2008 !" I am ready for interviews and speeches whenever you are.

And cable, think about what a blessing this candidacy is. I know it’s hard for you to say interesting and fresh stuff 24 hours a day. Now instead of finding new ways to talk about Campaign 2008 in a million different ways throughout the entire day, now you can break it up with some news pieces about my candidacy. Limbaugh, Hannity and Mathews can talk about something other than these worn out politicos. Plus, just think about all the rest of the nonstop fresh coverage you guys could have if you start an early focus on 2012, 2016 and of course, my race for 2020? Come on pundits and political strategists, let’s continue this trend and cause these campaigns to keep starting earlier and earlier!

So now my fellow Americans, in this announcement regarding my imminent announcement, I call on you to help me begin my grassroots organization. Send this column out to everybody you know, especially the neocons, socialists, liberals, libertarians, rapture nuts ,greenies, animal activists ,hard core conservatives, you name it-- there is something for everyone in my campaighn. Let them know that they can be a part of my "Early Bird Express" and begin working for change. I need directors and organization for each of the 50 states. I need a quality web designer. I need lots and lots of money. I need lots of media. It is a daunting task. We can do this, and based on the media trends, our campaign will begin receiving coverage very shortly.

Let’s bring hope back to America. Together we can change the world. I am counting on your support.

P.S. If you do not vote for me and I am not elected, there is a very good chance that the terrorists will strike again and kill us all. Yes, this does mean I will be running as a Republican. :lol: :lol: :rolleyes

Tom
05-27-2008, 07:52 PM
Insurance is a bet, a wager, a gamble.
When dimwitted polticos legislate who must be covered, there is only one possible outcome, and it is 100% legitimate - increased rates for everyone else. When everyone is covered by mandate, it is not insurance anymore, it is welfare.

Overlay
05-27-2008, 07:55 PM
Insurance is a bet, a wager, a gamble.

Or, as Robert Klein put it (in the case of life insurance), "I'll bet you twenty dollars a month 'til you die that you don't die."