PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Writers Who Love Horse Racing!

horsesim
05-23-2008, 01:44 AM
If you love to write and have a passion for horse racing, we need you!

Horse Racing Fantasy is the foremost fantasy horse racing game available today. With cutting edge graphics and hundreds of horses to race, our game is definitely the most entertaining and innovative product of its type. We also operate a unique community that deals with both the fantasy and real-life aspects of horse racing.

We are looking for two new writers to join our team. Each writer will be responsible for posting one blog per week.

One writer will be responsible for writing a general blog about horse racing, specifically emphasizing the human side of racing. The other writer will be focusing on writing a blog that deals with basic handicapping and how handicapping in the game differs from real life.

Though we are operating on a budget, we also offer you the chance to connect with other horse racing fans and to gain exposure on to the many people who play our game and belong to our community.

If you are interested, please reply to this post and I will contact you regarding further instructions. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you.

beenacoach
05-23-2008, 01:25 PM
Ok, I have enough interest to hear more about it. I would not be a good choice for the handicapping slot but the other one could work.

Mike

46zilzal
05-23-2008, 01:26 PM
More info would help.

Dave Schwartz
05-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Perfect topic.

I am looking for a contract writer; someone to help me produce printed materials.

This is a paid position with a lot of potential.

Please contact me via email or call me directly. (775.825.0260)

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Stareagle
05-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I'm interested in hearing more.

Dave Schwartz
05-25-2008, 02:02 AM
I have gotten so many responses already and am working to set up informal initial interviews.

1. This is a contract position. The writer will work with me on one project at a time.

2. The writer will be paid a flat amount per page or per project, plus a small royalty - all to be negotiated. Note: We are not paying "magazine rates" (i.e. so much per word).

3. The communication will be via web meetings and telephone. As such, broadband is a requirement.

4. Writer is not responsible for formatting, paste-up or final editing.

Simply put, I will teach, the writer will learn and then write a manuscript to communicate that teaching to others. The goal is to produce a finished manuscript that becomes a sellable product.

I am looking for exactly one such person.

Niko
05-25-2008, 02:38 PM
If you gentleman don't find what you're looking for here, you can always post it on elance (www.elance.com) or rentacoder. I'm using elance for the first time for a book cover and setting up for printing. A positive experience so far.

I haven't used rentacoder.

pktruckdriver
05-25-2008, 06:24 PM
People always tell me I should write a book or better yet create a Blog.

I would be willing to listen to what you offer,and see I could fill your spot.

Please contact me and let me know.

Thank you
Patrick
email me pktruckdriver@msn.com
call me 360-915-3445

Dave Schwartz
05-29-2008, 11:06 AM
I have filled the position.

Thanks to everyone who contacted me.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz