PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want to see face BB?

Bubbles
05-20-2008, 01:40 PM
For me, it's Denis of Cork and Roman Emperor. The former was the only horse to be gaining ground on BB in the stretch of the Derby, and maybe if BB is too close to a fairly-hot pace going a mile and a half...

Secondly, Roman Emperor. If ANY horse is bred to run all day, it's this one. Sire is Empire Maker, the 2003 Belmont winner, and the sire of his dam is Colonial Affair, who won the race in the 1990's. He overcame an inside-speed bias on two-turn races at Pimlico in winning the Barbaro in a good time, and I think that if they have the guts to enter him in the Belmont, he'd do reasonably well.

Dan Montilion
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Jerry Bailey?

Citation33
05-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Well considering this 3yo group would be lucky to win a handicap race at Aqueduct and almost no one has run a 100 or higher beyer and BB is suppose to be a super horse I would say just one race after the G3 Belmont Stake against real horses and real horses that can challege.
On dirt: Against one or more of these guys
Curlin
Heatseeker
Commentator
Tiago
etc

On Turf: Against one or more of these guys
Kip Deville
Einstein
Daytona
Better Talk Now

And let's see what he does. That's all.

OTM Al
05-20-2008, 04:24 PM
Ramonti and Curlin at Longchamps

DJofSD
05-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Ramonti and Curlin at Longchamps

Oh, that would be sweee-e-e-e-e-e-t!

Dream match up would be with Invasor, b/c, he's the best!

HolyBull29
05-20-2008, 04:57 PM
There are great ones all over who are actually proven against real company but just in the states I would like to see him actually run against Curlin,Heatseeker or maybe Tiago.

Would love to see two great horses like Curlin and Ramonti go at it.

Charlie D
05-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Here's just a few

Curlin
Asiatic Boy
Jalil
Lizard Island
Etched
Honour Devil
Royal Vintage
Soldier of Fortune
Peeping Fawn
Duke Of Mamarlade
Viva Pataca
Ramonti
Sun Classique
Jay Peg
Good Ba Ba

Wickel
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Don't know if it's in the cards, but I'd like to see Colonel John take another shot at Big Brown. The good Colonel made up a ton of ground in the Derby after an absolutely horrendous start--he was completely shut off at the start and shuffled back to 16th or 17th, then had mega traffic problems. The way he weaved through traffic and was running late, I'm not so sure the outcome would have been a lot closer had he had an even decent trip.

Another I'd like to see run back is Kentucky Bear. He's another that was eliminated twice in the Preaknesss. He went to his knees at the start, losing at least three or four lengths, then came to a dead stop at the top of the lane after he had regained his momentum.

Big Brown's run big in the Derby and Preakness, but several horses had legit excuses. Gayego again broke slowly in the Preakness and was rushed to the lead. It took him a quarter mile to gain the front after being shuffled back at the start. Then he opened up on the field. All that energy had to cost him late. Tres Borrachos, who figured on being a pace player, broke slowy and it was over immediately.

I'm not saying Big Brown doesn't deserve the accolades he's received, but he sure has had an easy time of it.

C'mon Eoin Harty, give the Coloenl another shot.