PDA

View Full Version : Kent D. Interview

cj's dad
05-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Saturday after the race, Kent D was being interviewed by Randy ? (forgot his last name) and he was talking about how he was now much more familiar with Belmont since his earlier rides there in the Belmont Stakes. I thought that I heard the name Real Quiet come up.

Since I missed the first several minutes of the interview, did he actually admit that he moved too soon on Real Quiet?

I have thought that this was the case and would be curious to know if anyone actually heard an admission of error on his part.

Stevie Belmont
05-19-2008, 01:59 PM
That had to be in his mind. I did not hear the interview though...

He will be looking for redemtion. I hope he gets it. Good for him.

Greyfox
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
After the Belmont Baffert said:

"Real Quiet -- overconfident ride got us beat, but I don't blame Kent D. I blame myself for not giving him better instructions in the paddock. I told him the night before to ride him like a turf horse and let him run the last quarter, but he must of forgot. I basically left it up to him. Big mistake. I just feel that things happen for a reason and we weren't supposed to win.''

Basically Baffert blamed Desormeaux. But I've never heard Desormeaux admit that he did anything wrong. From that day on Baffert seldom, if ever, used Desormeaux on any meaningful mounts.

cj's dad
05-19-2008, 02:23 PM
That was then, this is now. I'm simply tring to put to rest what has been a topic of discussion here several times; that is did he or did he not admit to "messing up" on RQ during this interview?

Imriledup
05-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Saturday after the race, Kent D was being interviewed by Randy ? (forgot his last name) and he was talking about how he was now much more familiar with Belmont since his earlier rides there in the Belmont Stakes. I thought that I heard the name Real Quiet come up.

Since I missed the first several minutes of the interview, did he actually admit that he moved too soon on Real Quiet?

I have thought that this was the case and would be curious to know if anyone actually heard an admission of error on his part.

I heard one interview within the last week or so where Kent said he wouldn't have changed a thing about the Real Quiet ride.

joanied
05-26-2008, 01:53 PM
:mad: Crap....I must have missed that interview...oh, cj'sdad...Randy MOSS...anyway...like you, I have blamed Kent D for moving too soon with Real Quiet, and also for not considering the fact that someone might come fast on the outside, and to my eyes, he relaxed on the horse too soon also...seeing daylight behind him, he thought he was home free...that still leaves me so mad...Baffert had a good attitude about it, but in my opinion, Real Quiet was screwed out of his Triple Crown...Kent was simply way too confident and blew it bigtime. If he never has, then Kent D needs to come to terms with this and admit he blew it.

But, I still love the guy, and I'm liking his 'new' attitude, being a down to earth, humble man...and I wish
they' would use him as a PR guy for the sport...well spoken, honest and funny...
after the Preakness..."I was nervous as nuts" :D

He won't make the same mistake twice...this ride will be flawless.