PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY MOHAWK 5/19/08

botster
05-19-2008, 11:56 AM
4th 3 WINKYS MAGIK 6-1 this one appeares primed for a big one for Henrikson.Someone said to me years ago "Beware The Shipper",in this case i think it is true.

5th 6 TYRONE SPITIN IMAGE 7-1 defeated a good one in last and may finally be close to 100% for Zeron.He is a versatile sort and may start to bank some serious coin now.

7th 3 SOUTHWIND CALIFON 10-1 was given a mini vacation racing at London before coming back here to the Hawk.That rest seems to have picked him up some and is a logical vaue play for me.

10th 5 BREAKING BENJAMINE 9-2 may finally shake off his namesake.Patience has been the key with this horse and he is firing on all cylinders right now...will only except 5-1 or better.

Good Fortune All:jump:

freddyblu22
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
4th 3 WINKYS MAGIK 6-1 this one appeares primed for a big one for Henrikson.Someone said to me years ago "Beware The Shipper",in this case i think it is true.

5th 6 TYRONE SPITIN IMAGE 7-1 defeated a good one in last and may finally be close to 100% for Zeron.He is a versatile sort and may start to bank some serious coin now.

7th 3 SOUTHWIND CALIFON 10-1 was given a mini vacation racing at London before coming back here to the Hawk.That rest seems to have picked him up some and is a logical vaue play for me.

10th 5 BREAKING BENJAMINE 9-2 may finally shake off his namesake.Patience has been the key with this horse and he is firing on all cylinders right now...will only except 5-1 or better.

breaking benjamin should have won last night, as he was clearly the best horse.. too bad they let Abbey Road just stroll to 3/4 all by himself..

i wasnt paying that close attention to the mohawk card last night, but i cant believe i didnt see Art Glass in that NW2 last night (the same horse that had been knocking heads the last month with Segundo Hanover at the meadowlands). he paid 9-1, go figure.

LottaKash
05-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Hey Freddy & All,....Yikes, I was following along with the Mohawk card, last nite and with all the junk races, I got bored and tired, and closed shop before looking further ahead in the card.........It was a long day, and I couldn't stand the junk races anymore........But Freddy, as yourself I was kicking myself hard, about that Art's Glass race......Yes, oh yes, he was racing so good at the Meadowlands, before he got his Mini=bounce, and headed for softer racing.......He also came out of that Harley D. Hanover race, where Proper Respect went further lame........That particular race did a job on a bunch of horses, as the 3/4 split of 1:21.4 was a bit much for some of those lightly raced 3yo's, and only the fittest and the ones's who already had the speed in them near to that split, survived their next ventures.........so Art's Glass ships to Mohawk, and in his next race, where they gave him just enough speed to maintain his physical fitness, without hurting his already hurt, further, they backed off with him, and now tonite he finds himself fast and fit, versus a bunch of much slower horses......Jogs, pays $20.....sorry to have missed that one..........

Also, fwiw while on subject, for the newer guys....anytime a stable goes through the time and expense to ship a horse somewhere else, when you can correctly predict the reason, you can make some serious "lottakash".......In Art's Glass, it was pretty clear to me, what was up with him....He had a mini-bounce, and as he was racing against a very fast bunch of 3yo's this year at M1, he headed out of town to get some relief against weaker, and the ship-out worked, voila, a score.......

Some other ships are for other reasons:..maybe a horse has a stakes engagement further on at that new track, and they are trying to get a horse acclimated to that new environment, or the racing is much too hard at the track they are racing at now and they can't compete effectively, or the stable connections want the horese back closer to where they live, or the horse is just dead on form or speed, or sometimes a horse will ship in Now Ready to race in the big-leagues, or pops in for a quick POP-Win, and will make the try, and leave out just as fast as they came in (catch-em -while you can scenario) or worst of all when a track is closing, and there has to be a place to race for that horse to continue racing (not often a good reason for a win)........Whatever the reason, there is ALWAYS a reason for a shipper.........If you guess right it will be Yahoo-For-You.........only experience will teach you this, tho......stay alert......

humbly,

harcapper
05-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Anybody here as impressed with the performance put in by The Shepard last night as I was?

He motored by that field like they were standing still and the driver was sitting like a statue. Will fit that class again next week.

Har

botster
05-21-2008, 12:22 AM

3 WINKYS MAGIC 9-1 just didn't have it tonight.

6 TYRONE SPITIN IMAGE 7-1 was a good price, left, but was very rank in the stretch losing the place..a tough nut to crack for Zeron.

3 SOUTHWIND CALIFON was a drastic underlay at only 6-1 and wasn't for me.

5 BREAKING BENJAMINE 3-1, also at too short of a price was the victim of a classy one getting away on the lead...just did miss.