PDA

View Full Version : FYI TO ALL !!

NY BRED
05-17-2008, 06:14 AM
Espn will be holding a "no hold barred" roundtable which includes
Larry Jones, Jerry Bailey, Alex Waldrop , and several other
parties.

The interview will be held 4pm Eastern standard time on ESPN.

During yesterday's show, I watched a preview in which Larry Jones was
asked if the Synthetic surface might have made a difference in the
tragic loss of Eight Belles.

I won't give away the response, but based upon the response I
we can have another debate on synthetic vs dirt.

BTW, the autopsy findings were reviewed yesterday and there were no signs of previous injury or drugs which contributed to the demise of this filly.

Seems to me that Gabriel Saez now has an opportunity to
Sue PETA for defamation, personal injury etc. :mad:

eastie
05-17-2008, 08:39 AM
Southie (first to the filly after she broke down) said Saez was more interested in his tack and the plane he had to catch, than he was about the sticken filly. he had no reason to make this up.

Oddzilla
05-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Seems to me that Gabriel Saez now has an opportunity to
Sue PETA for defamation, personal injury etc. :mad:

I don't understand how PETA gets away with everything. I thought what they are saying is libelous. Doesn't anybody ever sue them for promoting malicious lies about them or their business?

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Southie (first to the filly after she broke down) said Saez was more interested in his tack and the plane he had to catch, than he was about the sticken filly. he had no reason to make this up.Even if what you say is true, it has nothing to do with what NY BRED posted, or whether Saez has a case. As long as Saez DIDN'T do what PETA claims, that's all that matters. Not whether or not he stuck around to help euthanize the horse.

Grits
05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
PA, to you or to whoever removed the photo and my subsequent post, thank you. I'm most grateful. :)

In reference to what NYBred spoke of--regarding the discussion with Rhoden, the NYT columnist, Dr.Bramlage, trainer-Larry Jones, Gary Stevens, and Bob Costa. At one point, I thought Stevens was gonna climb over the desk towards Rhoden, who really was hammering, and hammering.

Rackon
05-17-2008, 07:41 PM
I kept thinking - is this all Rhoden has to say??? And he excuses football??? He's better with a pen than he is on air that's for sure. That analogy of sending high school kids in to play against the NFL teasm is false. It was apparent he doesn't actually know much about horses or racing.

Good for Stevens, I wanted to cuff the guy upside the head too.

Kelso
05-17-2008, 10:36 PM
- Irresponsible breeding
- Irresponsible drugging
- Too many horses in too many races at too many tracks

He said many in the business wish he would shut up about racing's problems. ATTABOY RANDY!! :jump:

And then there was the moron-in-chief ... NTRA CEO Alex Waldrop ... with a mouthful of ready-to-serve, lame excuses in behalf of greedy horsemen and greedy tracks who put the buck far ahead of the horses. That jerk is a disgrace!:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

Waldrop made it painfully clear that if a central racing authority ever comes into being, it should not be founded upon the NTRA.