PDA

View Full Version : Rumor

jasperson
05-16-2008, 09:21 PM
I heard a rumor at our track that after the derby Big Brown was limping sleightly. I saw today the he was being reshod with a plastic shoe. This plus the number of horses entered against him makes me a little suspicious of his health. Maybe his quarter crack is bothering him. Anybody else heard any rumors like that?
Jack

rrbauer
05-16-2008, 09:35 PM
You better bet big against him Jack, it's clear from what you heard that they're hiding something and going to try to win the Preakness on fumes.

lamboguy
05-16-2008, 09:39 PM
yeah sure, they gonna risk $40 or $50 million to run a horse that's sore!

where do you find these people

toetoe
05-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Um, rrbauer means vapors, I guess. Hey, rrb, I CARE, man. :kiss:

Greyfox
05-17-2008, 12:23 AM
cI heard a rumor at our track that after the derby Big Brown was limping sleightly. I saw today the he was being reshod with a plastic shoe. This plus the number of horses entered against him makes me a little suspicious of his health. Maybe his quarter crack is bothering him. Anybody else heard any rumors like that?
Jack

Where did you see today that he was being reshod?
No. I haven't heard any rumors against him.
Will I bet him?
Yes, but only on top of exotics.
Will I make a play against Big Brown. Yes.
If, he fails to fire, there, are huge dividends to be gained.
Indepependent of rumours, Big Brown, cannot be ignored.
On paper, he looks legit. So did Fusiachi Pegasus.
Having said that:
The silence of Dutrow is deafening.

Marshall Bennett
05-17-2008, 11:26 AM
More than likely chewing gum , damn kids !! :p

onefast99
05-17-2008, 11:42 AM
And magna has no financial problems whatsoever. BB for the win, "dividends are for those who choose to invest with no risk" enjoy the day everyone, we got a serious race-horse here.

Grits
05-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Where did you see today that he was being reshod?

New Jimmy Choos in place for today. He was reshod yesterday afternoon.

http://hoofcare.blogspot.com/

mountainman
05-17-2008, 04:12 PM
Nope. Sore horses are NEVER risked in pursuit of legendary prizes like the preakness or belmont. Patience and humanitarianism ALWAYS outweigh greed. And neither Ruffian nor Eight Belles, Hoist The Flag, Barbaro, or Go For Wand ever too one single bad step before breaking down-all sound as the proverbial bell of brass before that fateful fluke. Keep drinking the koolaid guys.

mrroyboy
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately you are right mountain man.

Premier Turf Club
05-17-2008, 04:21 PM
I heard a rumor at our track that after the derby Big Brown was limping sleightly. I saw today the he was being reshod with a plastic shoe. This plus the number of horses entered against him makes me a little suspicious of his health. Maybe his quarter crack is bothering him. Anybody else heard any rumors like that?
Jack

People I know that saw him this week said he looks like a million bucks. I love betting against short-priced favorites but won't risk one nickel against him here.

JMHO.

BillW
05-17-2008, 04:24 PM
People I know that saw him this week said he looks like a million bucks. I love betting against short-priced favorites but won't risk one nickel against him here.

JMHO.

He worked 2F in 25 and change this morning per HRTV.