PDA

View Full Version : Interesting "wager" against Big Brown

banacek
05-15-2008, 03:18 PM
There's an ebay auction on right now for a pair of tickets to the Preakness - currently it is over $100. The interesting slant: If Big Brown loses you get all your money back!

Citation33
05-15-2008, 03:30 PM
Man,if I had the extra money I would out bid everyone knowing I was getting my money back. Well $100 is not bad at all but I mean if it gets to a extremely crazy high amount then I'm out.

ryesteve
05-15-2008, 03:58 PM
Man,if I had the extra money I would out bid everyone knowing I was getting my money back
How exactly do you "know" Big Brown is going to lose?

Citation33
05-15-2008, 04:11 PM
I'm betting on no better than 3rd. Not the competition hes against but hows he's going into the Preakness and how its going to be run.

Maaaybe a 2nd place finish,but I will go with 3rd here.

Remember Secretariat could'nt lose the Whitney and Slew could'nt lose the Swaps,etc etc. Man O War got beat by a nag. It happens when things do not go right.

Living Flame
05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
Man O War didn't get beat by a "nag." Upset was a very good colt who would've been a champion in an year except Big Reds.

But, certainly, he wasn't even close to Man O War's level.:eek:

http://www.pedigreequery.com/upset

ryesteve
05-15-2008, 04:22 PM
I'm betting on no better than 3rd.Literally, or figuratively? If you're looking to book that lay action, the line forms behind me...

Citation33
05-15-2008, 04:23 PM
I wrote "nag" in jest of what big Man O War fans say(here and other places) about Upset winning. He was a decent horse. Yeah not close to Man O War,but a solid one.

The real nag he ran against was when he won the Realization by 100.

Steve,I do not want to make you go bankrupt.