PDA

View Full Version : MEADOWLANDS THURSDAY

freddyblu22
05-15-2008, 08:22 AM
Selections below, but please feel free to take notice and participate in our free handicapping contest beginning this weekend for the Meadowlands and Chester - prizes include Cash and Tim Tetrick bobbleheads/autographed photos. Check out the website for full details! Thanks, Hometrackadvantage

Race 4 Selections 3-6-1-8

FOX VALLEY CRUISER didn’t have much shot 2 races back at this level, and then was rallying willingly last week. I think a lot of these in here look suspect, and on his best he can sweep on by. Price should actually be square enough in the 6/1 range, which you don’t see often for a Sears/Rucker combo. STAND SHARP BJ was dead game last week in his second straight wire to wire win. Was claimed by the Casie Coleman outfit, and steps up. Going right to the front. ITS NOT LUCK finally finished it off last week and got the win from PP 10. All things considering though, I wasn’t overly impressed with it, and now he IS going to have to deal with speed from the inside early. PERFECT BANK A draws the rail, and Staulbaum/Asher have proved their worth here this season. Not totally out of it by any means.

Race 5 Selections 8-2-4-7

GIRLIE TOUGH ships East with the rest of the Plano barn and is a near model of perfection. I’m positive this spot is far tougher than any of those fields at Cal Expo, but this 3yo Conway Hall filly just might be fast enough to go with these. First start in a month and the far outside post ensure a fair price, to find out. CELEBRITY SECRET spent the better half of his Frosh season chasing the undefeated and 2yo trotter of the year “Dewey.” Shockingly he is still a maiden, and should be the deserving favorite to break that tonight. ORDER BY LINCOLN is in the best of hands, with Pierce/Elliott. Wasn’t in the same class as #2 last year, but that was then and this is now. At a price. GURF won last week, but second finisher that day came back to run uninspiring, and I’m convinced that was a weak field he beat. Certainly vulnerable as the ML fave.

Race 7 Selections 1-7-4-8

Not sure what happened last out with BLUE CLAW, but horses will do that sometimes. That race could have been the start of a downward trend, but he was too good prior to that for me to ignore. He was super in all his prior races, and was 2nd recently to Real Tough (who is sure to be heard from later this year in the 3yo ranks). From the rail for Gingras/Ford, he won’t offer any excuses if he cant get it done tonight. CHESTER SQUARE drops into a seemingly softer spot from a couple PASS races, and faced some good ones in his 6 starts last year at 2. A wake up call could easily come tonight. STAR ARTIST tired in his qualifier, but those first 2 finishers are pretty good ones and the time was quick too. Can you really ignore Tertick/Gelrod? It seems like FINAL CURTAIN has been in this level forever.

Race 8 Selections 8-5-7-1

DONTAKEYOURGUNS is the lone horse currently on our horses to watch list, and is an extremely strong play back from last week. Came off that 1:51:4 win, and had ALL sorts of pace but was shut off trying to skim the pylons after getting caught on the outside. Outside post complicates things again, but there is no questioning the current fitness of this one. GO BOTH WAYS was used up early last week and faded pretty quickly. Nice post here to rally, just like he did 2 back. SPLIT TICKET doesn’t show much on record, but drops into a claimer for the first time for Remmen. Doesn’t figure that bad in here. You can take your pick who you want at 2-1 between TRACZAR and CLOONEY DRUMMOND. Both are capable from the inside, but neither are worth the short price.

LottaKash
05-16-2008, 10:43 AM
This Post is for "Mark Ford", the trainer of Blue Claw....Mark, your horse was trying to tell you something about his fitness, and you didn't listen.......If your horse could talk, (and he did), he would've told you his muscles were sore, and that he needed to heal up.....Mark, I suppose that is why you have slipped in the trainers standings these past few years...I believe that Greed has supplanted the Wisdom, that kept you going all these years.......I will be betting against you.....

humbly,

freddyblu22
05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
This Post is for "Mark Ford", the trainer of Blue Claw....Mark, your horse was trying to tell you something about his fitness, and you didn't listen.......If your horse could talk, (and he did), he would've told you his muscles were sore, and that he needed to heal up.....Mark, I suppose that is why you have slipped in the trainers standings these past few years...I believe that Greed has supplanted the Wisdom, that kept you going all these years.......I will be betting against you.....

humbly,

While I think that Mark Ford is certainly a competent trainer, I don't think it is unreasonable for anyone to claim that Gallo Blue Chip CERTAINLY made him appear better as a trainer, than he probably is in all reality.

And yes, Blue Claw has gone south..

LottaKash
05-16-2008, 11:32 AM
Hey Freddy, MF is now a 6% win trainer....not competent enough for my $$$ anymore.....

btw....I am all a-flutter over your contest tom'w....I have devised a plan that deviates a bit from my normal spot-plays.....we'll see....and the entry fee can't be beat......:jump:

As always, Good Pickin' to ya......

best,

freddyblu22
05-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Hey Freddy, MF is now a 6% win trainer....not competent enough for my $$$ anymore.....

btw....I am all a-flutter over your contest tom'w....I have devised a plan that deviates a bit from my normal spot-plays.....we'll see....and the entry fee can't be beat......:jump:

As always, Good Pickin' to ya......

best,

is his winning pecentage 6% everywhere combined, or just at the Meadowlands? either way, nothing to brag about i realize..

quick note for the contest too - i have been receiving emails from people unable to send in their selections to the email address that was listed (for some reason all emails from external sources are being kicked back as undeliverable). the problem is being worked on, but in the meanwhile it DOES work if send in your selections via the "CONTACT" link.

best of luck - but i think there is going to be pretty good competition for you...

LottaKash
05-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Hey Freddy, thx.......looking forward to the competition....maybe I can get lucky....and pick a couple of bombers.......

best,