PDA

View Full Version : Monitor Shutting off

BIG RED
05-15-2008, 04:42 AM
My monitor all of a sudden shuts itself off now, it never use to. I have the settings in Power Options set to never. It did this on its own. I did not fool with any settings. I have tried doing different times (15min, 1hr etc) and it still shuts down (screen goes dark)
This seems to be timed too. Like every 15 min or so it shuts off?

I did a complete virus scan, found a hidden trojan but after cleaning it still does this?
WinXP

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
BR

GameTheory
05-15-2008, 05:26 AM
My monitor all of a sudden shuts itself off now, it never use to. I have the settings in Power Options set to never. It did this on its own. I did not fool with any settings. I have tried doing different times (15min, 1hr etc) and it still shuts down (screen goes dark)
This seems to be timed too. Like every 15 min or so it shuts off?

I did a complete virus scan, found a hidden trojan but after cleaning it still does this?
WinXP

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
BRThere is a power setting as you describe, but if the screen saver (a different setting) is set to "blank" then you get the same effect. Check that.

BIG RED
05-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey GT, it was in the SS, but mine was set to blank.

But there is a timer there, below. That's where the problem was. I didn't change anything, sumtin happened, cause it had 10 min set?

We got it, thx again.

Pace Cap'n
05-15-2008, 08:00 PM
Got any grandkids? If my wife leaves her purse unattended in the vicinity of her grandaughter, age 12, she will soon find the ring tone on her cell phone has been changed.