PDA

View Full Version : Bush gives up Golf

hcap
05-14-2008, 06:15 AM
What an ass****

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0508/10314.html

"For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families.

“I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

GameTheory
05-14-2008, 02:38 PM
So you think he should go ahead and play golf then?

46zilzal
05-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Brandon Friedman, a veteran US infantry officer who served in both Iraq and Afghanistan, said Mr Bush's claim that he sacrificed golf for the war was a "slap in the face" for US troops.

The president said he gave up the sport in 2003 out of respect for US soldiers killed in the war, which has now lasted more than five years.

Mr Friedman, who is vice chairman of the US veterans' organisation VoteVets, told the Press Association: "Thousands of Americans have given up a lot more than golf for this war.

"For President Bush to imply that he somehow stands in solidarity with families of American soldiers by giving up golf is disgraceful. It's an insult to all Americans and a slap in the face to our troops' families."

Mr Friedman went on: "It just shows he's a guy who doesn't understand the idea of sacrifice for your country and military service. Giving up golf is not a sacrifice.

"It shows how disconnected he is from everyday Americans, especially those who are serving in Iraq and their families. It shows he can in no way relate to them."

From the Washington Post: But giving up golf?

Not only is it a hollow, trivial sacrifice at best, Bush's story doesn't hold water. While he dates his decision to abjure golf to Aug. 19, 2003 -- the day a truck bomb in Baghdad killed U.N. special representative Sergio Vieira de Mello and more than a dozen others -- the Associated Press reported on Oct. 13, 2003, that he'd spent a "cool, breezy Columbus Day" playing "a round of golf with three long-time buddies.

"Bush played at Andrews Air Force Base with Clay Johnson, Office of Management and Budget deputy director, Richard Hauser, Department of Housing and Urban Development general counsel and another friend, Mike Wood."

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2008, 02:51 PM
I think Bush should play golf again. In fact, I think the group ahead of him should be Hcap, 46zilzal & Brandon Friedman.

Friedman's comments make it sound like not playing golf is the only thing different in Bush's life, clearly not the case, it was apperently just one respectful thing he thought he could do to avoid the appreance of a photo-op that would rub some people wrong. But Brandon Friedman (& Hdcap & 46zilzal) are just looking for any reason to feel rubbed the wrong way and complain, so this doesn't surprise me in the least.

46zilzal
05-14-2008, 02:54 PM
Hell I don't fell rubbed the wrong way. The man is an idiot and reinforces that at every opportunity.

I don't play golf, never have.

Tom
05-14-2008, 03:19 PM
They whinned about him playing in the MM cartoon, now they whine when he stops. The common denominator is libs do nothing but whine.
Steve, let me caddy for you.....I'll bring my own cart.

DJofSD
05-14-2008, 03:23 PM
I'd rather go play golf with the prez than hunting with the VP.

Tom
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
Cheney likes to "shoot" golf!

:D

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Cheney likes to "shoot" golf!

:D

Um. Mr. Vice President. I said shoot the putts, not the putz. :lol:

hcap
05-14-2008, 04:23 PM
So you think he should go ahead and play golf then?Playing or not playing golf by itself is meaningless. Bush claiming he sacrificed something of importance LIKE playing golf is absurd.

I would say giving up the presidency would be more appropriate.

DJofSD
05-14-2008, 04:26 PM

Sure, would you be happy with the current VP?

hcap
05-14-2008, 04:33 PM
Third in line of succession is Speaker of the House.
That would suffice :jump:

DJofSD
05-14-2008, 04:36 PM
OK with me. She would be even less effective than she is now -- if that's possible. Maybe she could fix the real estate market here is CA.

GameTheory
05-14-2008, 05:05 PM
Playing or not playing golf by itself is meaningless. Bush claiming he sacrificed something of importance LIKE playing golf is absurd.

I would say giving up the presidency would be more appropriate.It didn't say anything about "something of importance". He said playing golf during a war sends the wrong signal -- simple enough. Do you disagree? If he was out playing golf all the time wouldn't you criticize him?

Remember, he thinks he made the right decisions -- that this war is necessary and is doing good -- WORTH the sacrifices of soldier's lives for the lives it will save. Doesn't matter if you agree with that -- that is what he thinks. Given that, he recognizes the fact that the image of him out playing golf "sends the wrong signal". But why would he think that? Could it be that he actually realizes this is serious business? That he isn't just playing toy soldiers as so many of your type accuse? He didn't say it was a major sacrifice -- just one little thing he can do.

This line: "For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families." was written by the reporter, it was not a quote. He didn't use the word "sacrifice" at all in that context, at least by what was quoted. And the sacrificing mentioned is of the soldiers', not Bush. It says it was merely a "personal" way to *acknowledge* the sacrifices of others, that's all. ("Personal" meaning in addition to all the public ways he already acknowledges these sacrifices by our soldiers.)

I know in your twisted mind you read this article as if Bush was quoted as saying, "Welp, I did my part. I gave up golf! Yee-haw!" but it doesn't say that at all. Doesn't even imply it, and only twisted minds could infer it.

Greyfox
05-14-2008, 05:23 PM
Symbolism? Read deeper. He was telling the American Public that he
gave up Sex!

(As President he knew he couldn't say that directly of course.
Why do you think the first lady looked so happy today in Israel?);)

Steve 'StatMan'
05-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Symbolism? Read deeper. He was telling the American Public that he
gave up Sex!

(As President he knew he couldn't say that directly of course.
Why do you think the first lady looked so happy today in Israel?);)

Hmmm. Bush. Hadn't seen the "Holy Land" in some time. Maybe!

Shenanigans
05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Having a few avid golfers in my family I have been able to understand the want and need to get to a golf course on a beautiful sunny day. It is a way to relax, unwind and not let any worries get in the way. Any golfers that hit the green are not taking their "problems" to the course. It's their way to "get away" from the problems even if it's for a morning or an afternoon.
So here's a translation for you nitwits that think Bush's "sacrifice" is a "slap in the face" - he wouldn't personally feel comfortable trotting about on a golf course, forgetting the problems of the world when there are others that don't even have the luxury of having that choice. Understand now?:rolleyes:

ljb
05-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Sir,
Do you have enough posts to call those opposing your views nitwits ? Oh wait you come from the right, never mind.

ljb
05-14-2008, 07:35 PM
OK with me. She would be even less effective than she is now -- if that's possible. Maybe she could fix the real estate market here is CA.
Typical Republican, asking a Democrat to fix the mess the Republicans have created. :rolleyes:

DJofSD
05-14-2008, 11:44 PM
Typical Republican, asking a Democrat to fix the mess the Republicans have created.

Really? A mess that republicans made? It's no wonder problems only get worse and never better.

Typical f'ng democrat. always more interested in afixing blame and pointing the finger. It's always some one else's fault why they're drunk, pregnant, broke, arrested, their car crashed or lived an unhappy childhood. With an approach like that it's not any wonder they don't believe in God or religion -- they'd have to admit they're not perfect or would need to ask forgiveness.

Yep, one side of the political spectrum is inhabited by angles and the other side devils.

Light
05-14-2008, 11:53 PM
Doesn't matter if you agree with that -- that is what he thinks.

That is not necessarily what Bush thinks or believes. He is a politician and his words are calculated. Remember LBJ knew the Vietnam war was not winnable back in the mid sixties yet told America that we were making progress and rah rah rah. Privately he was in despair about it and felt trapped in Vietnam as evidenced by recording all his own phone calls in the WH. How convenient for Bush to leave the mess he started in Iraq to his successor and save himself the same embarrassment LBJ could not face.

GameTheory
05-15-2008, 12:05 AM
That is not necessarily what Bush thinks or believes. He is a politician and his words are calculated. Remember LBJ knew the Vietnam war was not winnable back in the mid sixties yet told America that we were making progress and rah rah rah. Privately he was in despair about it and felt trapped in Vietnam as evidenced by recording all his own phone calls in the WH. How convenient for Bush to leave the mess he started in Iraq to his successor and save himself the same embarrassment LBJ could not face.Well, whatever -- even if it is just Bush's *story* about what he believes and not what he really believes, it does not alter the validity of my point.

Lefty
05-15-2008, 02:27 AM
light, How convenient? Say what? He can't serve a third term. You make it sound as if he's just walking out. Hey buddy boy, the so called mess in Iraq is just your opinion. We get a Pres that thinks he should be running the country instead of chasing women around the oval office and all you ungrateful libss just down him. So predictable and tiresome.
If guys like you had to go through what GW has been put through these last 4 yrs by the media and the left, you'd probably go insane.

Sailwolf
05-15-2008, 03:05 AM

That would depend if you brought your house before 2003.

Some of my friends who want to buy a house hope the market goes down another 20%

bigmack
05-15-2008, 03:22 AM
Amongst his many obsessions are O'Reilly (weekly, if not daily - "The Worst Person In the World") - real adult segment by the way - and Bush.

With the exception of Zillystroni, Olbermann is the reigning champ for a pure, unadulterated, seething hatred of Bushie.

qr8nrRZOpXw

hrDnpYDQauw

bigmack
05-15-2008, 03:57 AM
I was never a fan of Bush41 though he had some awfully talented people around him.

This Bush? I defy anyone to dispute the fact that he has been, is, and will always be, a clod. Not that he's a terrible person but in his communicative skills, he is without a doubt, a stumbling clod. Darn shame for him, I trust he knows it but oftentimes there's little one can do about the charm of their delivery. He had a bit. In time, it's become non-existent.

We're all anxious for a change.

Snag
05-15-2008, 06:24 AM
Typical Republican, asking a Democrat to fix the mess the Republicans have created. :rolleyes:

Wrong again ljb!

She told all of us that she WAS going to fix the problems and hasn't done anything.

098poi
05-15-2008, 07:14 AM
Annika Sorenstam's announced recently she's giving up golf after this season. I'll miss watching her play.

Tom
05-15-2008, 07:40 AM
Um. Mr. Vice President. I said shoot the putts, not the putz. :lol:

D'OH!

Shenanigans
05-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Sir,
Do you have enough posts to call those opposing your views nitwits ? Oh wait you come from the right, never mind.

"Sir"? How many nitwits does it take to remember Shenanigans was a mare? :lol:

ljb
05-15-2008, 08:42 AM
"Sir"? How many nitwits does it take to remember Shenanigans was a mare? :lol:
So you are a mam not a sir.
ok
Mam,
do you have enough posts ....... Oh never mind you are from the right and have different rules.. :lol:

delayjf
05-15-2008, 11:11 AM
I know in your twisted mind you read this article as if Bush was quoted as saying, "Welp, I did my part. I gave up golf! Yee-haw!" but it doesn't say that at all. Doesn't even imply it, and only twisted minds could infer it.
Speaking of twisted, I caught Obermans rant the other night, the previous night he called the New CG in Iraq (and the old one for that matter) a liar. No wonder he got fired at ESPN.

Light
05-15-2008, 11:57 AM
You make it sound as if he's just walking out.

Basically. He has no solutions to the war because he never intended to leave. His golf remark is superflous. If he really cared about the way parents of dead American war heroes feel,he would stop being a puppet to corporate America.

Lefty
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
There's only one solution. That's to win it. These terrorists will not go away just cause we do. They will overrun Iraq, kill and torture and confiscate the oil fields. Dims have no solutions but surrender. You will never have peace by wishing and woosing.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2008, 07:19 PM
ok
Mam,
do you have enough posts ....... Oh never mind you are from the right and have different rules.. :lol:Why do you think she is from the right? Because she happened to disagree with this golf thing?

You are becoming increasingly inconsequential, and your contribution needle is now resting on nil. Oh well...we all run out of material someday I suppose....

You burned out a little quicker than I had anticipated. But I shouldn't be all that surprised, since it seems that most of the "lefty" posters on this board seem to be shooing blanks these days....

Light
05-15-2008, 07:35 PM
There's only one solution. That's to win it.

You've had 5 years to win it. If you havent won it by now you never will.

Lefty
05-15-2008, 07:47 PM
So your option is to surrender? Not an option that i'd like to contemplate.

Light
05-15-2008, 07:52 PM
We never went there to fight terrorism. We went to conquer.

Lefty
05-15-2008, 08:11 PM
We never went there to fight terrorism. We went to conquer.
Your so full of bovine feces that it's sad. We went there to fight terrorism and that's what we're doing. Alqaeda is greatly crippled and retreating more everyday. What do you think will happen if we just up and leave Iraq? Please answer that.

Shenanigans
05-15-2008, 08:14 PM
ok
Mam,
do you have enough posts ....... Oh never mind you are from the right and have different rules.. :lol:

No, I am not nor do I have any Mayan descent in the family lineage. Are you meaning "ma'am"? How far left are you??:lol:

Shenanigans
05-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Why do you think she is from the right? Because she happened to disagree with this golf thing?

You are becoming increasingly inconsequential, and your contribution needle is now resting on nil. Oh well...we all run out of material someday I suppose....

You burned out a little quicker than I had anticipated. But I shouldn't be all that surprised, since it seems that most of the "lefty" posters on this board seem to be shooing blanks these days....

You would really hate the fact that we can actually agree on a few things.;) :p

Light
05-15-2008, 08:32 PM
We went there to fight terrorism and that's what we're doing.

That's what we are pretending to be doing.Only 5% of the insurgency is made up of Al Queda fighters.So we are fighting nationals,not terrorists. How do I know. Umm A little Afghan told me.

What do you think will happen if we just up and leave Iraq? Please answer that.

Violence will decrease because the U.S. is fueling the civil war. How do I know? Umm A little Iraqi shiite and a little Iraqi Sunni told me. Now go back to sleep Lefty.

ljb
05-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Why do you think she is from the right? Because she happened to disagree with this golf thing?

pa,
I figured she was from the right because she called those critical of Bush nitwits.
I will never be inconsequential as long as I can rattle your cage.
I am treading lightly right now as the last time I questioned your enforcement of tos was just prior to one of the triple crown races and you kicked me off for the day. This of course resulted in my not being able to share my winning play with the other players here. Being a liberal I like to share, greed is more in the conservative style. Don't you think ? :lol:

ljb
05-15-2008, 08:48 PM
Your so full of bovine feces that it's sad. We went there to fight terrorism and that's what we're doing. Alqaeda is greatly crippled and retreating more everyday.
Lefty,
After all these years you are still buying into that neocon bs. You should be ashamed of yourself.

PaceAdvantage
05-15-2008, 10:24 PM
Oh never mind you are from the right and have different rules.. :lol:Sounds like you have a bit of a persecution complex....kind of like Obama and the far-left when they heard Bush speaking in Israel this morning...

Lefty
05-15-2008, 10:32 PM
lbj, i'm not buying into anything except what's right. I don't get my info from Huffigton, Moveon or Kos. But you do. Anybody that can buy into the feces we can talk to madmen and they will shrink into the night or tax corps to death and they won't pass the tax onto us or just leave the country, or that any dim who says he/she will tax the rich and the middle class and poor will prosper, just don't know jack. There ya go.

Tom
05-15-2008, 11:17 PM
Sounds like you have a bit of a persecution complex....kind of like Obama and the far-left when they heard Bush speaking in Israel this morning...

Wow! Did you hear Cry baby Biden on the news! :lol:
What a gas!!!!!!

Dumping the truth on a dem is like spraying roaches - see them scurry! :lol:

Light
05-15-2008, 11:37 PM
If Bush equates Democrats with Nazi appeasers,perhaps he should consider his appeasement of Osama bin Laden.

Tom
05-15-2008, 11:40 PM
Careful,light, you'll hurt yourself stretching like that.

riskman
05-15-2008, 11:50 PM
If guys like you had to go through what GW has been put through these last 4 yrs by the media and the left, you'd probably go insane.

Poor Georgie. Because the neoconservative network of fearful and frustrated bully boys demand this perverted form of political and social perfection in order to step up, they remain in mother’s basement, endlessly discussing what they would do, what they might have done, how they should rethink their strategies and do-over their toy soldier tactics.

Neocons want another war, this time in Iran, and they are loudly demanding an unwarranted mulligan from the American soldier and the American taxpayer. What the neocons need is to put on a clean shirt, face reality, man up and get a real job. Then, and only then, we can talk about what neocons bring to the table of freedom, prosperity and safety.

DJofSD
05-16-2008, 12:02 AM
If Bush equates Democrats with Nazi appeasers...

If the shoe fits, where it.

JustRalph
05-16-2008, 12:24 AM
;) If the shoe fits, where it.

wear it too!! :lol: ;)

dav4463
05-16-2008, 12:28 AM
We have not been attacked on our soil since 9/11. We saved a plane from going down to terrorists thanks to President Bush. We have captured many, many terrorists thanks to President Bush.

However, many of you just hate him. So, even if he cured cancer, you would find something wrong with it.

Nothing, President Bush can do would please those who hate him.

If Gore would have been in office, we probably would not be as safe as we are right now. Believe it.

Just go ahead and spout your hatred. You will never change. Vote for Obama; try to appease the terrorists. Go ahead and get your heads chopped off. That's what will happen if you try to appease those sick, twisted radical Islamic terrorists.

Hell, we would never have won WWII if we had the same biased media attacks then that we do now. Back then, it was war, and America was behind the troops 100%. Now, there are so many people that hate America living in this country, it makes it near-impossible to fight a war and win.

Bush should give America the "middle-finger salute" as he leaves office and tell this country to "kiss his behind". Nobody deserves to be attacked the way the media has attacked the president over these past few years.

JustRalph
05-16-2008, 01:26 AM
We have not been attacked on our soil since 9/11. We saved a plane from going down to terrorists thanks to President Bush. We have captured many, many terrorists thanks to President Bush.

However, many of you just hate him. So, even if he cured cancer, you would find something wrong with it.

Nothing, President Bush can do would please those who hate him.

If Gore would have been in office, we probably would not be as safe as we are right now. Believe it.

Just go ahead and spout your hatred. You will never change. Vote for Obama; try to appease the terrorists. Go ahead and get your heads chopped off. That's what will happen if you try to appease those sick, twisted radical Islamic terrorists.

Hell, we would never have won WWII if we had the same biased media attacks then that we do now. Back then, it was war, and America was behind the troops 100%. Now, there are so many people that hate America living in this country, it makes it near-impossible to fight a war and win.

Bush should give America the "middle-finger salute" as he leaves office and tell this country to "kiss his behind". Nobody deserves to be attacked the way the media has attacked the president over these past few years.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Tom
05-16-2008, 07:20 AM
I think he gave one to Barry Hussein ysterday! :ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

ljb
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
lbj, i'm not buying into anything except what's right. I don't get my info from Huffigton, Moveon or Kos. But you do. Anybody that can buy into the feces we can talk to madmen and they will shrink into the night or tax corps to death and they won't pass the tax onto us or just leave the country, or that any dim who says he/she will tax the rich and the middle class and poor will prosper, just don't know jack. There ya go.
Lefty,
Yes you get your info from folks like that blowhard that Matthews blew out of the water yesterday, Kevin James. What a joke that guy is. Or perhaps it's the other blowhard that foul mouthed "I'll do it live" jerk.
ps Bushco's people are talking to Iran right now, talk about hypocrites, these guys are the mother of all hypocrites. I never suggested we tax corps. to death or any other way. The consumer pays all taxes. I have not heard any Democrat say they will tax the middle class. If the neocons were allowed to continue in their control we would have no middle class.

ljb
05-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Bush should give America the "middle-finger salute" as he leaves office and tell this country to "kiss his behind".
He has been doing this for over 7 years now, what would be different?

Marshall Bennett
05-16-2008, 10:43 AM
He has been doing this for over 7 years now, what would be different?
This time he's using both hands . :)

ljb
05-16-2008, 08:12 PM
We can all stop arguing about Bush giving up golf. It was just another Bush lie.

toetoe
05-16-2008, 09:15 PM
Okay, maybe we can agree the golf-related scene in "Unfair and Fat (Weighing) 451" was silly, also ? :ThmbDown:

PaceAdvantage
05-16-2008, 09:53 PM
If Bush equates Democrats with Nazi appeasers,perhaps he should consider his appeasement of Osama bin Laden.He never equated Democrats with Nazi appeasers.

It was the DEMOCRATS who EQUATED THEMSELVES with Nazi appeasers by making an issue where none existed. They are obviously SO UNCOMFORTABLE and SELF-CONSCIOUS when it comes to this sort of thing, that for some reason, they read way more into Bush's comments than what was required.

The very fact that Obama was "offended" and thought Bush was referring to HIM and Democrats in his speech, is the very reason why the Democrats will fail to win the White House in 2008, and hopefully, fail to attain a veto-proof majority in Congress.

DJofSD
05-16-2008, 10:39 PM
The very fact that Obama was "offended" and thought Bush was referring to HIM and Democrats in his speech, is the very reason why the Democrats will fail to win the White House in 2008, and hopefully, fail to attain a veto-proof majority in Congress.

Ya, can't you just image, Obama in the office as president and a foriegn head of state calls him a name. He'd cry himself asleep.

Tom
05-16-2008, 10:51 PM
How true, PA.....very amusing to watch the dems flailing on the floor like a fish out of water. :lol: Obama is being exposed daily for what a naive bumkin he really is.

Unfortunately, so is McCain.

ddog
05-16-2008, 11:50 PM
well , after reading all this , I still don't get why anyone CARES a damn if he plays.
It doesn't amount to a bean , much less a hill of 'em.

Should he give up golf until the last soldier is home or until he is out of office?

Can he still play putt-putt?

Maybe he can play, but just have soldiers complete the foursome?

If soldiers start getting killed in large numbers 2 years from now and he has started should he then stop again?

should Mccain(can he even play golf anymore) not start out of solidarity with Bush and to uphold the precedent set by our lord and master?

should Obama not take up golf lessions so he can then not play until all soldiers are out.

do the soldiers give two shits about Bush shooting par or not?
NO!

the amount of time people spend obssessing over every little tidbit or table dropping of any of the presidents these days is sickening.

He's just another pol that scammed his way to the top,more like than unlike all the others since the 60s.

ddog
05-16-2008, 11:56 PM
He never equated Democrats with Nazi appeasers.

It was the DEMOCRATS who EQUATED THEMSELVES with Nazi appeasers by making an issue where none existed. They are obviously SO UNCOMFORTABLE and SELF-CONSCIOUS when it comes to this sort of thing, that for some reason, they read way more into Bush's comments than what was required.

You DO know it's the cheapest and most gutless kind of attack to not name anyone when you toss out a charge like that.

Of course he was equating with anyone and no one.

that's how "leaders" do it these days.

gutless , political b.s.

I would respect someone that called a spade a spade, but he wasn't that stand up a guy.

When so called leaders speak at forum of national import and that setting certainly was , they have a mandate in my mind to be clear as to how what and who they are speaking about.

he wasn't and on purpose to give the weasels room to roam.

you have the field, stretch your legs a bit.

outside a mass extinction at the DIM convention , your congress wish is a done deal already.
no way repubs don't get blown out down ticket this go round.
plain as day or night, whichever.

And unless Mccain is placed in suspended animation until Nov he is going to blow the top spot as well.

I don't see how people can think his last couple of weeks have helped his cause at all.

he seems like a fossil from the 1800's propped up by bomber lieberman.
pitiful so far.

Light
05-17-2008, 01:26 AM
The very fact that Obama was "offended" and thought Bush was referring to HIM and Democrats in his speech....

Umm,guess again:

White House officials denied Obama was a target of Bush's remarks. But privately, White House aides indicated the criticism was aimed at various Democrats, including Obama and former President Jimmy Carter.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/bush.dems/index.html?iref=nextin

Light
05-17-2008, 01:50 AM
Who says we dont negotiate with terrorists or our enemies? Reagan did it with Iran. Condi wants to "talk" with Iran. Rumsfeld held discussions with S. Hussein. Bush himself negotiated with Khadafi. JFK with Khrushchev.Today the PLO is considered an aly and were terrorists yesterday. Two years ago McCain said we should talk with Hamas. Today he plays dumb. But there is a something called diplomacy and it's quite different from appeasement.

Snag
05-17-2008, 09:31 AM
The problem that I have with Obama and his talking with anyone is that he has said that he will do so "without preconditions".

Does that mean that he doesn't know what they want until he talks with them? If that's the case, he is dumber that dumb.

ljb
05-17-2008, 04:59 PM
The problem that I have with Obama and his talking with anyone is that he has said that he will do so "without preconditions".

Does that mean that he doesn't know what they want until he talks with them? If that's the case, he is dumber that dumb.
If you believe what you just wrote, then you qualify as being dumber then dumb. :lol:

Tom
05-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Well if he knows before, then that would be precondtions.

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Umm,guess again:

White House officials denied Obama was a target of Bush's remarks. But privately, White House aides indicated the criticism was aimed at various Democrats, including Obama and former President Jimmy Carter.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/15/bush.dems/index.html?iref=nextinOh, well, never mind. If unnamed White House aides are saying it, then by gumby, it must be true!

'Cause as we all know, you Light, believe EVERYTHING that comes out of this White House.....:lol:

Lefty
05-17-2008, 07:16 PM
light, so what? Obama said it. What hudzpah for this lightwight, Obama to spout his crap about Bush then get mad when someone tells the truth about him?

hcap
05-19-2008, 06:41 PM
Playing or not playing golf by itself is meaningless. Bush claiming he sacrificed something of importance LIKE playing golf is absurd.

I am pretty disgusted that all the righties and bush supporters here continue to defend the indefensible.

When I and a few others here were in the minority here and among most Americans, you gentlemen derided and attacked us from a holier than thou position pointing to how the country all supported your views and that we were disloyal and unpatriotic.

Jingoistic-flag waving up the ass-screw you commie pinko traitors!

Now you are the ever diminishing minority. Everything that has occurred, facts disclosed, evidence to the contrary, admissions from ex-administration insiders, all testaments to the abject failure of bush, the war, the economy and all his buddies. Yet you fellow smug enablers continue ignore the obvious.

The crassness of his public relation crap giving up golf is easily understood by everyone not emotionally attached to bushs' rear end. Forget for a moment that he lied about it. Maybe when he performed his clown act for the media whores all enjoying their insider high fives with da pres' you gentlemen also thought that it was just dandy......

http://www.thenation.com/blogs/capitalgames?pid=1336

"But at one point, Bush showed a photo of himself looking for something out a window in the Oval Office, and he said, "Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere."

The audience laughed. I grimaced. But that wasn't the end of it. After a few more slides, there was a shot of Bush looking under furniture in the Oval Office. "Nope," he said. "No weapons over there." More laughter. Then another picture of Bush searching in his office: "Maybe under here." Laughter again."

.................................................. ................................................

I have not been posting much and am to busy to argue with die hard 28 per centers still clinging to failed 2003 dreams of remaking the world in bushs' image.The country has moved past you.

Later

ljb
05-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Good Post hcap,
We are with you and will continue in the effort to regain America for all Americans. Not just the high and mighty.

Lefty
05-19-2008, 07:09 PM
h'cap, well, we're pretty sick of you guys too. We're tired of you saying we are not as safe as we were, despite the fact that we've had no attacks since 9-11. We're tired of you saying tax cuts don't work when more money came into the govt coffers than at any time in history. But I for one will just vote for the guy i'd rather have and you can do the same. Democracy, it's wonderful. We have free speech but your party wants to quell it. Your candidates call GW names and berate him constantly, but when he fires back, not even naming names, the likely suspects get all upset. I guess it's a no no, to criticize the left. Well not in my book, buddy!

ljb
05-19-2008, 07:28 PM
h'cap, well, we're pretty sick of you guys too. We're tired of you saying we are not as safe as we were, despite the fact that we've had no attacks since 9-11. We're tired of you saying tax cuts don't work when more money came into the govt coffers than at any time in history. But I for one will just vote for the guy i'd rather have and you can do the same. Democracy, it's wonderful. We have free speech but your party wants to quell it. Your candidates call GW names and berate him constantly, but when he fires back, not even naming names, the likely suspects get all upset. I guess it's a no no, to criticize the left. Well not in my book, buddy!
We're not as safe as we were, who was on watch on 9/11? Tax cuts don't work. What is the current national debt ? Who is trying to quell free speech ? Cheney's closed door energy policy with the oil barons, hmmm ?

Lefty
05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
lbj, you epitomize exactly what i'm talking about. You think your opinions override fact and have you ever heard of the "fairness doctrine." The dims want to bring it back to shutr dn the right's free speech. There ya go.

Snag
05-19-2008, 07:39 PM
hcap, the main problem you are facing is that the hate you print is getting old. You rant and point to problems we all know are not the real problem. When called on it you resort to hate filled words and don't back up what you feel with any facts.

"the abject failure of bush, crassness of his public relation crap, emotionally attached to bushs' rear end, he lied about it, he performed his clown act, "

These are your words. I know you will say that it is taken out of context and it was, but you repeat them every day. That is why no one takes anything you, or others of your ilk say, as important any more.

Playing or not playing golf is not the issue. You make it the issue with your hate filled posts.

hcap
05-19-2008, 07:44 PM
He never equated Democrats with Nazi appeasers.

The very fact that Obama was "offended" and thought Bush was referring to HIM and Democrats in his speech, is the very reason why the Democrats will fail to win the White House in 2008, and hopefully, fail to attain a veto-proof majority in Congress.You are ignoring what bush said.....

"Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," Mr Bush said, in a speech on Thursday otherwise devoted to Israel's friendship with the United States. "We have an obligation to call this what it is - the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

You are ignoring what bush did.........

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article3177705.ece

Iran’s Revolutionary Guard in secret Iraq talks with US
Marie Colvin

THE HEAD of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps slipped into the green zone of Baghdad last month to press Tehran’s hardline position over the terms of the current talks with American officials, it was claimed last week.

Iraqi government sources say that Major-General Mohammed Ali Jafari, 50, travelled secretly from Tehran. Jafari appears to have passed through checkpoints on his way into the fortified enclave that contains the American embassy and Iraqi ministries, even though he is on Washington’s “most wanted” list.

Last year Washington declared the guard a “foreign terrorist organization” and imposed sanctions on it.

One of the accusations that led to the designation was the charge that the Quds Force, a branch of the guard, was supplying rockets, mortars and roadside bombs known as explosively formed projectiles (EFPs) to Shi’ite militias in Iraq.

In recent days there has been a sharp increase in the use of such bombs against American troops, and last weekend five Iranian speedboats were said to have harassed three American Navy ships, radioing a threat to blow them up.

On his tour of the Middle East yesterday President George W Bush put Tehran on notice over its support for the insurgency in Iraq. “Iran’s role in fomenting violence has been exposed,” he said in Kuwait.

Iran and the United States have held three rounds of talks over security in Iraq. They have made little progress so far but are considered a breakthrough because they are the first face-to-face encounters since 1980."

.................................................. ..........................

So whoever bush was referring to,( McSame ran with the ball and implied Obama was the "appeaser" ) bush is lying once again about substantive life and death matters.

Snag
05-19-2008, 07:46 PM
You just made my point once again hcap!

hcap
05-19-2008, 07:55 PM
"the abject failure of bush, crassness of his public relation crap, emotionally attached to bushs' rear end, he lied about it, he performed his clown act, "

These are your words. I know you will say that it is taken out of context and it was, but you repeat them every day. That is why no one takes anything you, or others of your ilk say, as important any more.

Playing or not playing golf is not the issue. You make it the issue with your hate filled posts.

You gentlemen may ignore the failures of the last 8 years, but bush is polling for at least a year in the upper 20's or lower 30's He has beaten all presidents in disapproval ratings. All. The country is fed up with the republican brand. The only hope for McSame and other repugs is to disavow George W Churchill as a 8 year old bad case of hemorrhoids.

Hate filled? Well, it appears the rest of the country is approaching a similar position.

Snag
05-19-2008, 08:23 PM
hcap, The President is NOT RUNNING again! I know you don't want to say so but your rant is over. I could care less what the approval rating is. I care what the future holds for those that the public, not you, want to lead us. Give it up dude.

Tell what you want for the future and who is best to lead us. That's what I want to hear.

hcap
05-19-2008, 08:29 PM
George W Churchill tells the Israeli Knesset that real men don't talk to da terrists. But so much for George

Is Israel breaking its own taboo on talks with Hamas?
By Amos Harel, Haaretz Correspondent

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/984388.html

"Participants at a recent inner cabinet meeting were listening to details of the Egyptian mediation initiative between Israel and Hamas on a cease-fire in the Gaza Strip recently, when a senior minister reportedly reminded those present that Israel does not negotiate, directly or indirectly, with Hamas. Shin Bet security service head Yuval Diskin interrupted, saying there was no other way to describe the talks.

A letter to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, Defense Minister Ehud Barak and Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni, the details of which were revealed Friday, called for the indirect and secret talks with Hamas to be recognized.

......Among the signatories' names, that of MK Yossi Beilin (Meretz) is to be expected. More surprising are the names of the former Shin Bet chief Ephraim Halevi, who has actually been calling for talks with Hamas in recent months, along with former chief of staff Amnon Lipkin-Shahak and Brigadier General (res.) Shmuel Zakai, a former Gaza Division commander. This is an attempt to provide a military stamp of approval to a step Israel has officially sworn it would not take. What was taboo two years ago is no longer. "

PaceAdvantage
05-19-2008, 08:57 PM
I think Bush might have been talking about Ted Kennedy, but what do I know?

http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=/Nation/archive/200610/NAT20061020b.html

ljb
05-19-2008, 09:23 PM
hcap, The President is NOT RUNNING again! I know you don't want to say so but your rant is over. I could care less what the approval rating is. I care what the future holds for those that the public, not you, want to lead us. Give it up dude.

Tell what you want for the future and who is best to lead us. That's what I want to hear.
Actually with McSame carrying the repug flag, Bush is running again. There is a link to a Bush/McCain challenge. It is similar to the old Pepsi/Coke challenge. I can dig it up for you it you would like to take it.
As for the future I look forward to seeing Barack Obama as our next President. However, after the last 8 years, we could probably leave the office vacant and be better represented.

riskman
05-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Today, all of our politicians, with few exceptions, take the same position in regard to Iraq: Well, it may have been the wrong thing to do, but we're there and we can't leave without a victory. Being a Vietnam Vet I will never forget April 30, 1975 the last day of the Vietnam War and the fall of Saigon..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh90n7Hb-VQ&feature=related
We did not complete our mission. It haunts me to this day.This is a tribute to all who served there.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gZefW4yEA&feature=related
We deposed a brutal dictator in Iraq and paved the way to hold elections and form their own government. We have spent billions in reconstruction costs and assisted in training the Iraqi Army.
Why would it be a stain on our honor to end the occupation of Iraq and hand the country back to the Iraqi people to govern as they please? It is, after all, their country, not ours; the oil is their oil, not ours. Not one candidate has the guts to say, "As soon as I'm president, I will order American troops to begin withdrawal." What happens after we leave is an Iraqi problem, not ours. We have paved the way, it is time they man up if they want stability.

Do you really want high gas prices, food rationing, health-care rationing and unbearable debt? What kind of standard of living do you think we can maintain with a broken education system, a broken infrastructure, a debilitated manufacturing sector and a debt-imploded economy? Tell me this war has not contributed to the aforementioned.

The current administration has proven itself to be one of the worst in American history. They have piled up more public debt than all combined. Their policies have ruined America's reputation among the nations of the world. They are wearing out an Army far too small to do what is required of it. Diplomacy is a joke. The administration is riddled with dishonest and incompetent people. I don't know what world the neocon mind inhabits, but it's not the one the rest of us live in.

For a republic to survive, it needs a well-educated people with self-discipline and high morals, healthy agricultural and manufacturing bases, sound money and a frugal but wise government. I don't see much of that around these days nor do I see it in any of the presidential candidates.

delayjf
05-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Iraqi government sources say that Major-General Mohammed Ali Jafari, 50, travelled secretly from Tehran
An Iraqi Government Source - Now there's a reliable source.

hcap
05-20-2008, 08:13 PM
An Iraqi Government Source - Now there's a reliable source.

Bush the appeaser? So despite his crap recently, aimed and implied towards the dems, he has done his fair share of appeasing. Actually he should STFU and pursue more diplomacy. BTW, I wonder what the preconditions where?

From the article I posted originally.

...."At the insistence of the Americans, the talks between Ryan Crocker, the American ambassador to Iraq, and Hassan Kazemi Qomi, his Iranian counterpart, have been kept to the issue of security in Iraq. But Tehran wants them broadened to include the release of Iranian diplomats being held in Baghdad by the Americans. It is understood Jafari was sent to Baghdad to ensure that this happened.

....Iran and the United States have held three rounds of talks over security in Iraq. They have made little progress so far but are considered a breakthrough because they are the first face-to-face encounters since 1980.

.................................................. ..............................

More articles

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/4083

US, Iran Held Secret Talks
by Mattew Lee & Anne Gearan (source: AP)
Saturday, February 16, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) - A U.S. official met secretly with Iranian banking officials and senior government aides who oppose punishing the Islamic nation for not doing enough to stop money laundering and terrorism funding, The Associated Press has learned.

The talks last month in Paris took place despite the Bush administration's near-absolute ban on formal U.S.-Iran contact. They also occurred against the backdrop of Tehran's attempts to avert the imposition of new U.N. sanctions over its suspect nuclear program.

..The United States co-chaired the meeting with Italy and was represented by Daniel Glaser, the Treasury Department's deputy assistant secretary for terrorist financing and financial crimes, a senior U.S. official said. Representatives of several other nations also attended.

.................................................. ..............................

More

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2003-05-21-iran-usat_x.htm

..Despite the lack of diplomatic relations between the two countries for more than two decades, senior Iranians and Americans have met three times in Geneva this year to discuss a range of important topics, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran's nuclear program. The talks, which grew out of United Nations-sponsored meetings on Afghanistan, were the sort of direct, authoritative discussions that the United States had sought with Iran's government for years. The last session occurred May 3; another session had been set for Wednesday.

....The Bush administration sought talks with Iran, a major regional power, in part because of Iran's influence over Iraq's majority Shiite Muslim population. But the meetings, attended by White House Iraq envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and senior State Department officials, aroused controversy among hard-liners in both Iran and the USA who do not want to see an improvement in relations.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18899216/

...BAGHDAD - The United States and Iran broke a 27-year diplomatic freeze on Monday with a four-hour meeting about Iraqi security. The American envoy said there was broad policy agreement but that Iran must stop arming and financing militants who are attacking U.S. and Iraqi forces.

Iran's ambassador, Hassan Kazemi Qomi, told The Associated Press that the two sides would meet again in less than a month. U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker said Washington would decide only after the Iraqi government issued an invitation.

....The talks in the Green Zone offices of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki were the first formal and scheduled meeting between Iranian and American government officials since the United States broke diplomatic relations with Tehran after the 1979 Islamic Revolution and the seizure of the U.S. Embassy.

An AP reporter who witnessed the opening of the session said Crocker and Kazemi shook hands.

'Businesslike' meeting
The American envoy called the meeting "businesslike" and said at "the level of policy and principle the Iranian position as articulated by the Iranian ambassador was very close to our own."

Light
05-20-2008, 10:23 PM
The prez labels Hamas a terrorist organization yet 64% of Israelis would like their government to have direct talks with Hamas. They must be appeasers too.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/958473.html

It now appears that this opinion is gaining traction in the wider public, which until recently vehemently rejected such negotiations

Marshall Bennett
05-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Bush the appeaser? So despite his crap recently, aimed and implied towards the dems, he has done his fair share of appeasing. Actually he should STFU and pursue more diplomacy. BTW, I wonder what the preconditions where?

From the article I posted originally.

...."At the insistence of the Americans, the talks between Ryan Crocker, the American ambassador to Iraq, and Hassan Kazemi Qomi, his Iranian counterpart, have been kept to the issue of security in Iraq. But Tehran wants them broadened to include the release of Iranian diplomats being held in Baghdad by the Americans. It is understood Jafari was sent to Baghdad to ensure that this happened.

....Iran and the United States have held three rounds of talks over security in Iraq. They have made little progress so far but are considered a breakthrough because they are the first face-to-face encounters since 1980.

More articles

http://www.campaigniran.org/casmii/index.php?q=node/4083

US, Iran Held Secret Talks
by Mattew Lee & Anne Gearan (source: AP)
Saturday, February 16, 2008

WASHINGTON (AP) - A U.S. official met secretly with Iranian banking officials and senior government aides who oppose punishing the Islamic nation for not doing enough to stop money laundering and terrorism funding, The Associated Press has learned.

The talks last month in Paris took place despite the Bush administration's near-absolute ban on formal U.S.-Iran contact. They also occurred against the backdrop of Tehran's attempts to avert the imposition of new U.N. sanctions over its suspect nuclear program.

..The United States co-chaired the meeting with Italy and was represented by Daniel Glaser, the Treasury Department's deputy assistant secretary for terrorist financing and financial crimes, a senior U.S. official said. Representatives of several other nations also attended.

More

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2003-05-21-iran-usat_x.htm

..Despite the lack of diplomatic relations between the two countries for more than two decades, senior Iranians and Americans have met three times in Geneva this year to discuss a range of important topics, including Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran's nuclear program. The talks, which grew out of United Nations-sponsored meetings on Afghanistan, were the sort of direct, authoritative discussions that the United States had sought with Iran's government for years. The last session occurred May 3; another session had been set for Wednesday.

....The Bush administration sought talks with Iran, a major regional power, in part because of Iran's influence over Iraq's majority Shiite Muslim population. But the meetings, attended by White House Iraq envoy Zalmay Khalilzad and senior State Department officials, aroused controversy among hard-liners in both Iran and the USA who do not want to see an improvement in relations.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18899216/

...BAGHDAD - The United States and Iran broke a 27-year diplomatic freeze on Monday with a four-hour meeting about Iraqi security. The American envoy said there was broad policy agreement but that Iran must stop arming and financing militants who are attacking U.S. and Iraqi forces.

Iran's ambassador, Hassan Kazemi Qomi, told The Associated Press that the two sides would meet again in less than a month. U.S. Ambassador Ryan Crocker said Washington would decide only after the Iraqi government issued an invitation.

....The talks in the Green Zone offices of Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki were the first formal and scheduled meeting between Iranian and American government officials since the United States broke diplomatic relations with Tehran after the 1979 Islamic Revolution and the seizure of the U.S. Embassy.

An AP reporter who witnessed the opening of the session said Crocker and Kazemi shook hands.

'Businesslike' meeting
The American envoy called the meeting "businesslike" and said at "the level of policy and principle the Iranian position as articulated by the Iranian ambassador was very close to our own."
When Bush leaves office you'll be one bored individual .

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2008, 12:21 AM
The prez labels Hamas a terrorist organization yet 64% of Israelis would like their government to have direct talks with Hamas. They must be appeasers too.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/958473.html

It now appears that this opinion is gaining traction in the wider public, which until recently vehemently rejected such negotiationsYes, it appears that as usual, brainwashing is an effective technique to use on the masses who can't think for themselves, and must instead, be told what to think is "right and proper."

hcap
05-21-2008, 08:11 AM
Speaking of appeasement.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/IMAGES/rumsfeld_saddam_opt.gif

hcap
05-21-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2008/051808.html

The Bushes and Hitler's Appeasement

By Robert Parry
May 18, 2008

The irony of George W. Bush going before the Knesset and mocking the late Sen. William Borah for expressing surprise at Adolf Hitler’s 1939 invasion of Poland is that Bush’s own family played a much bigger role assisting the Nazis.

If Borah, an isolationist Republican from Idaho, sounded naïve saying “Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided,” then what should be said about Bush’s grandfather and other members of his family providing banking and industrial assistance to the Nazis as they built their war machine in the 1930s?

....The archival evidence is now clear that Prescott Bush, the president’s grandfather, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from and collaborated with key financial backers of Nazi Germany.

That business relationship continued after Hitler invaded Poland in 1939 and even after Germany declared war on the United States following Japan’s bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941. It stopped only when the U.S. government seized assets of Bush-connected companies in late 1942 under the “Trading with the Enemy Act.”

....One can trace the origins of this story back more than a century to the emergence of Samuel Bush, George W. Bush’s great-grandfather, as a key manager for a set of powerful American business families, including the Rockefellers and the Harrimans. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Bush Family Chronicles: The Patriarchs.”]

Light
05-21-2008, 11:30 AM
Israel says it is holding peace talks with Syria

JERUSALEM - Israel and Syria on Wednesday said they were holding indirect peace talks through Turkish mediators — the first official confirmation of contacts between the longtime enemies.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080521/ap_on_re_mi_ea/israel_syria

What's this world coming to? Appeasers everywhere! :faint: Maybe Obama started something? Talk to your enemies? Wow,what IQ level is required to figure that one out.If this becomes vogue,McCain's in trouble. And what will the die hard Pa members say? They'll have to use this :blush: more often.

PaceAdvantage
05-22-2008, 02:23 AM
What's this world coming to?Indeed. Thankfully, Obama won't be President....

hcap
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
APPEASEMENT ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7459200.stm

Israel and Hamas 'agree truce'

Israel and militant group Hamas have agreed to end months of bitter clashes with a six-month truce starting on Thursday, Palestinian officials say.

A Hamas official said he was confident all militant groups in Gaza would abide by the agreement, brokered by Egypt.

Light
06-17-2008, 05:13 PM
Its the appeasement daily double!

Rice blesses Hezbollah power-sharing government

"This was an agreement that I think served the interests of the Lebanese people," Rice said. "And since it served the interests of the Lebanese people, it served the interests of the United States. We support the democratically elected government of Lebanon."

Hey Lefty,is Condi a terrorist sympathizer,huh?,huh? Thats what you called me and I'm not the U.S. secretary of state recognizing Hezbollah as a legitamate governmental branch.

What gets me is politicians say what they want cause they know truth is transitory. But the suckered righties eat it up like its the gospel and are confused when things like this happen. Then they start spouting the world "liberal" all over the place like its a bad thing. Pathetic.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/06/16/international/i025522D60.DTL&hw=rice+lebanon&sn=001&sc=1000

hcap
06-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Hey all you appeasement-fearin', Negotiating loathin' guys.
Study this photo carefully......

http://multitext.ucc.ie/images/thumbnails/1163.jpg

The one on the left looks a lot like what bush is turning into.

Note:the one on the right is what bushco says everyone else looks like.

46zilzal
06-17-2008, 06:38 PM
Indeed. Thankfully, Obama won't be President....
CNN had Republican strategist on today and said the only way their candidate could make up the widening difference is to go after Karl Rove type negative campaign maneuvers. Desperation.

Marshall Bennett
06-17-2008, 08:49 PM
CNN had Republican strategist on today and said the only way their candidate could make up the widening difference is to go after Karl Rove type negative campaign maneuvers. Desperation.
You must be the only person on earth that still watches CNN . :lol:

JustRalph
06-17-2008, 10:02 PM
You must be the only person on earth that still watches CNN . :lol:

Glenn Beck on the DVR is the only thing worth watching on the MoveOn Channel

Boris
06-24-2009, 08:01 PM
What an ass****

"For the first time, Bush revealed a personal way in which he has tried to acknowledge the sacrifice of soldiers and their families.

“I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=49931

The following U.S. troops died in Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama was on golf outings, according to records of U.S. troop casualties kept by the Department of Defense:

-- Spc. David A. Schaefer Jr., 27, of Belleville, Ill., died May 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Schweinfurt, Germany.

--Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe, 54, of Port Hueneme, Calif., died May 25 from injuries suffered as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah. Wolfe was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq.

-- Spc. Eduardo S. Silva, 25, of Greenfield, Calif., died June 9 at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, of a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 563rd Aviation Support Battalion, 159th Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.

cj's dad
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM

Comments from the left are more than welcome. Apparently the 'chosen one'
also likes to play the links while our GI's are dying.

Let the rhetoric begin !!!

Withdrawal from the ME (as promised) is awaiting BO - what is the start date ???

Secretariat
06-24-2009, 11:01 PM
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2008/051808.html

The Bushes and Hitler's Appeasement

By Robert Parry
May 18, 2008

The irony of George W. Bush going before the Knesset and mocking the late Sen. William Borah for expressing surprise at Adolf Hitler’s 1939 invasion of Poland is that Bush’s own family played a much bigger role assisting the Nazis.

If Borah, an isolationist Republican from Idaho, sounded naïve saying “Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided,” then what should be said about Bush’s grandfather and other members of his family providing banking and industrial assistance to the Nazis as they built their war machine in the 1930s?

....The archival evidence is now clear that Prescott Bush, the president’s grandfather, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from and collaborated with key financial backers of Nazi Germany.

That business relationship continued after Hitler invaded Poland in 1939 and even after Germany declared war on the United States following Japan’s bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941. It stopped only when the U.S. government seized assets of Bush-connected companies in late 1942 under the “Trading with the Enemy Act.”

....One can trace the origins of this story back more than a century to the emergence of Samuel Bush, George W. Bush’s great-grandfather, as a key manager for a set of powerful American business families, including the Rockefellers and the Harrimans. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Bush Family Chronicles: The Patriarchs.”]

Good post. I always enjoy Robert Parry's writing. Be fun to see him on Meet the Press.

rastajenk
06-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Wow...talk about stuck on stupid. On one page here we see Rummy meeting Saddam, and we revisit the BushHitler connection. Excuse me while I go search for a pic of Madame Not-too-bright clinking champagne glasses with NoKo's Dr. Evil. :bang:

Tom
06-25-2009, 07:44 AM
They have so little, let them enjoy it. :lol:

Boris
10-26-2009, 07:14 PM

The following U.S. troops died in Iraq and Afghanistan while Obama was on golf outings, according to records of U.S. troop casualties kept by the Department of Defense:

-- Spc. David A. Schaefer Jr., 27, of Belleville, Ill., died May 16 in Baghdad, Iraq, of wounds suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near his unit. He was assigned to the 1st Battalion, 2nd Infantry Regiment, 172nd Infantry Brigade, Schweinfurt, Germany.

--Cmdr. Duane G. Wolfe, 54, of Port Hueneme, Calif., died May 25 from injuries suffered as a result of an improvised explosive device attack on his convoy southeast of Fallujah. Wolfe was assigned to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Gulf Region Division in Iraq.

-- Spc. Eduardo S. Silva, 25, of Greenfield, Calif., died June 9 at Bagram Airfield, Afghanistan, of a non-combat related incident. He was assigned to the 563rd Aviation Support Battalion, 159th Combat Aviation Brigade, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Ky. The circumstances surrounding the incident are under investigation.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2009/10/620000444/1

Obama catches up to Bush on the golf links
President Obama has already caught up with predecessor George W. Bush in one area: Rounds of golf.

The Oval's good friend Mark Knoller of CBS News reports that Obama on Sunday played his 24th round of golf since his inauguration Jan. 20 -- matching Bush's presidential total, which he racked up in two years and 10 months. Obama's latest round also got attention because it included a woman, domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes.

cj's dad
10-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Boris - you racist !! Don't you know that what happens in DC stays in DC.

Our enlightened one can do what he wants with zero repercussions.

He is our savior, he is all, he is magnificent.

mmm mmm mmm

toetoe
10-26-2009, 07:58 PM
What an ass****

Think of him as your personal bogey man.

Hey, how about a musical called Bye Bye Bogey ?

Boris
04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
What an ass****

And the beat goes on.....

Obama Chooses Golf Over Funeral

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591270,00.html

President Obama is taking fire for his decision to hit the links Sunday after being forced to cancel his trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president.

The Warsaw Business Journal's headline read: "Obama Goes Golfing Instead of Attending Kachinsky's Funeral." It also quoted a Washington Times article noting Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice President Biden both have taken time to visit the Polish embassy to sign a book of condolences, something the president has yet to do.

Of course President Obama was not the only world leader prohibited from attending because of the cloud of smoke and ash from the volcano in Iceland.

Speaking of Golf, CBS Radio White House reporter Mark Knoller says President Obama has played 32 times since taking office. In his eight years, President George W. Bush played 24 times, giving it up in late 2003, saying it wasn't appropriate during a time of war.

NJ Stinks
04-19-2010, 10:08 PM
And the beat goes on.....

Obama Chooses Golf Over Funeral

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,591270,00.html

President Obama is taking fire for his decision to hit the links Sunday after being forced to cancel his trip to Poland to attend the funeral of the nation's president.

The Warsaw Business Journal's headline read: "Obama Goes Golfing Instead of Attending Kachinsky's Funeral." It also quoted a Washington Times article noting Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Vice President Biden both have taken time to visit the Polish embassy to sign a book of condolences, something the president has yet to do.

Of course President Obama was not the only world leader prohibited from attending because of the cloud of smoke and ash from the volcano in Iceland.

Speaking of Golf, CBS Radio White House reporter Mark Knoller says President Obama has played 32 times since taking office. In his eight years, President George W. Bush played 24 times, giving it up in late 2003, saying it wasn't appropriate during a time of war.

Thank God the Washington Times and FOX News were all over this story. I wonder which one ran to Poland with it? (I'd roll my eyes but I'd rather throw-up.)

Boris
04-19-2010, 10:20 PM
Thank God the Washington Times and FOX News were all over this story. I wonder which one ran to Poland with it? (I'd roll my eyes but I'd rather throw-up.)

Perhaps you missed this part:

The Warsaw Business Journal's headline read

bigmack
04-19-2010, 10:28 PM
Perhaps you missed this part:

The Warsaw Business Journal's headline read
Hang on, he'll be right back. Search in progress...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/4_19_10_19_26_35.png

Boris
04-19-2010, 10:38 PM
Hang on, he'll be right back. Search in progress...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/4_19_10_19_26_35.png

That's some funny shit. :ThmbUp:

Tom
04-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Gee, you man BUSH had more class and respect than Obamadinejad?
Wow. That boggles the mind.

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Thank God the Washington Times and FOX News were all over this story. I wonder which one ran to Poland with it? (I'd roll my eyes but I'd rather throw-up.)It's official. All criticism of Obama has now been unofficially banned from the United States.

You are no longer allowed to criticize the President. Oh my, how times have changed... :lol:

Lefty
04-20-2010, 03:21 AM
Joe klein looked up sedition in the dictionary and said the people criticizing Obama were borderring on it.
This from the same people that encouraged the same rhetoric against W.
Maybe Klein should look up hypocrite...

PaceAdvantage
04-20-2010, 03:32 AM
Joe klein looked up sedition in the dictionary and said the people criticizing Obama were borderring on it.
This from the same people that encouraged the same rhetoric against W.
Maybe Klein should look up hypocrite...These guys HONESTLY believe Obama does NOT deserve an ounce of the criticism he has been receiving...they've swallowed every last drop of kool-aid...there was a BIG SELL when it came to Obama, and they know a lot of us are suffering BUYER'S REMORSE. They will try and keep the BIG SELL going until the bitter end, even if that means making shit up.

What are they going to do? Give in to all this criticism by declaring it valid? No...they're going to throw the Hail Mary and try and make all these nasty names stick . . . RACISTS . . . TERRORISTS . . . TIM MCVEIGH WANNABEES . . . SEDITIONISTS . . .

I hope THE PEOPLE don't lose their resolve in the coming months . . .

hcap
04-20-2010, 06:01 AM
First the Rightie Bogus headline.....

Obama Chooses Golf Over Funeral???

Then a minor detail........

More

http://wcbstv.com/national/Obama.poland.trip.2.1639390.html

Obama Cancels Poland Trip Due To Volcano Residue
WASHINGTON (AP) ―

President Barack Obama scrapped plans to travel to Poland on Saturday for the funeral of Poland's president because of hazardous flying conditions caused by the volcanic ash cloud over Europe.

...All airports in Poland were closed Saturday to flights above the cloud level of 20,000 feet because of the ash cloud, including Balice in Krakow, where most of the dignitaries were expected to arrive Sunday morning, said Grzegorz Hlebowicz, spokesman for Poland's aviation authorities.

Air space across a wide area from Britain to Ukraine was closed and set to stay that way until Sunday or Monday, affecting airports from New Zealand to San Francisco.

Scientists say that because the Icelandic volcano is situated below a glacial ice cap, the magma is being cooled quickly, causing explosions and plumes of grit that can be catastrophic to plane engines.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Maybe Boris can fund a reference on Fox Noos to Obama's grandparents selling arms to Nazi Germany.
After all false equivalence between Bush and Obama is the name of the game

Tom
04-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Wow, hcap.....you really are irrelevant theses days! :lol:
Your first point was addressed...you must have missed it.

dartman51
04-20-2010, 07:40 AM
.................................................. .................................................. ....

Maybe Boris can fund a reference on Fox Noos to Obama's grandparents selling arms to Nazi Germany.
After all false equivalence between Bush and Obama is the name of the game

Hcap, if you checked into your family history and found that you great grandfather or great great grandfather, owned slaves, would that make you a racist or a bad person?? Just curious. :confused:

lsbets
04-20-2010, 08:03 AM
Oops - there goes another Hcap fantasy. From the Ant- Defamation League:

Rumors about the alleged Nazi "ties" of the late Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, have circulated widely through the Internet in recent years. These charges are untenable and politically motivated.

Despite some early financial dealings between Prescott Bush and a Nazi industrialist named Fritz Thyssen (who was arrested by the Nazi regime in 1938 and imprisoned during the war), Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer.

http://www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htm

hcap
04-20-2010, 08:56 AM
Your first point was addressed...you must have missed it.Ok, I missed it Where?

hcap
04-20-2010, 09:14 AM
Oops - there goes another Hcap fantasy. From the Ant- Defamation League:

Rumors about the alleged Nazi "ties" of the late Prescott Bush, the grandfather of President George W. Bush, have circulated widely through the Internet in recent years. These charges are untenable and politically motivated.

Despite some early financial dealings between Prescott Bush and a Nazi industrialist named Fritz Thyssen (who was arrested by the Nazi regime in 1938 and imprisoned during the war), Prescott Bush was neither a Nazi nor a Nazi sympathizer.

http://www.adl.org/Internet_Rumors/prescott.htmADL is wrong.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

How Bush's grandfather helped Hitler's rise to power

Rumours of a link between the US first family and the Nazi war machine have circulated for decades. Now the Guardian can reveal how repercussions of events that culminated in action under the Trading with the Enemy Act are still being felt by today's president.

..George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

Tom
04-20-2010, 10:19 AM
You are thinking of the Kennedy mob, er, clan.

hcap
04-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Actually, the Kennedys, the Harrimans, Ford, GM and Charles Lindbergh at some point in their careers were too close to the Germans leading up to and during WWII. As far as I know only Prescott's involvement in certain companies too synpathetic to the Nazis was dealt with under the Trading with the Enemy Act

Hey, business is business.

lsbets
04-20-2010, 11:04 AM
The ADL is pretty much the authority in that department. I'll take their word over yours Hcap. I think its safe to say their sources have more credibility than yours.

Tom
04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
What were they trading, PERCH?

:lol:

NJ Stinks
04-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Your first point was addressed...you must have missed it.

Hcap's point is a lot more relevant than this garbage about Obama playing golf on Sunday. Only FOX-type worshippers can feast on this legless story. :sleeping:

hcap
04-20-2010, 06:02 PM
What were they trading, PERCH?
:lol:"Bush was one of seven directors of the Union Banking Corporation, an investment bank controlled by the Thyssen family, which was seized in October 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act as being owned by "enemy aliens." The assets were held by the government for the duration of the war, then returned afterward"

Maybe he was not active conspirator, but he did not resign his position nor dump his financial interests either.

toetoe
04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Third in line of succession is Speaker of the House.
That would suffice :jump:

Hcap on Nancy: film at eleven. :eek: .

hcap
04-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Hcap on Nancy: film at eleven. :eek: .
I agree Nancy would suffice. But you quoted the wrong poster

toe on drugs film at eleven :eek:

ddog
04-21-2010, 05:15 PM
the U.S. and brits (among others) were hip deep in cahoots with the Nazis both before the war and after the war.

Just bidness , you understand. Corps are in bidness to make money, you understand.

To doubt/deny the history is just another of the wildly distorted view of history that the "fantastical" must believe either for faith or political reasons.

The ADL is a wholly partisan org and thus would not be considered fair to all sides by anyone that has half a brain cell left.

Most sheep in this country "believe" what they have to, they don't have the guts to look outside the handed down "truths".

lsbets
04-21-2010, 10:53 PM
The ADL is a wholly partisan org and thus would not be considered fair to all sides by anyone that has half a brain cell left.

The ADL is very partisan, and not on the side of the Bush's.

I think the drugs killed your last half brain cell a long time ago.

jballscalls
04-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Is there any news source or organization that isn't partisan?

Boris
06-21-2011, 11:32 PM
A little thread CPR:

What an ass****

Cut to Saturday with Obama and the three stooges:

President Barack Obama and House Speaker John Boehner put partisanship aside, at least on the golf course, and teamed up to triumph on the final hole Saturday in their long-awaited links outing.

The match pitted the political rivals against Vice President Joe Biden and Ohio's Republican Gov. John Kasich. The match was won on the 18th hole, with the winning partners each pocketing a $2 prize.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43443532/ns/politics-white_house/

Yeah, that Bush was an ass.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2011/06/21/soldier_from_blackstone_perished_in_afghanistan/

Army Sergeant Alan L. Snyder was in Uruzgan Province with the three other soldiers assigned to the Fourth Battalion, 70th Armored Regiment of the 170th Infantry Brigade Combat Team based in Baumholder, Germany, when the rollover occurred, according to the US Department of Defense.

Again:

Bush - “I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf,” he said. “I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal.”

Obama - "Did you all catch that?" Obama shouted to reporters gathered near the green.