PDA

View Full Version : Brewing trouble for McCain?

wonatthewire1
05-13-2008, 06:52 PM
looks like a religious dude with controversial views is backing McCain.

Can we have one election that is not going to bring up wacky religious views?

Can McCain live this one down?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080513/ap_on_el_pr/hagee_letter

I just wanna know how much money the dude has collected from the 'faithful'!

PaceAdvantage
05-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Isn't this Hagee thing old news, like Wright?

wonatthewire1
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM
kind of ties into the thought that you were having with the 'believers' behind Barry - starry eyed faithful and fleeced out of cash but happy!

The only ones who really get the 'satisfaction' is the ones who do the collecting...

;)

JustRalph
05-13-2008, 11:06 PM
This is old news that has was hashed out on talk radio weeks ago. There are differences and most of the differences have been pointed out.

John McCain's last statement on this was

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/9af1cb39-a999-4e38-93a9-541660174ba4.htm

He was never personally counseled by Hagee, Hagee never Baptized his kids, nor has McCain ever given money to Hagee............I think that makes a difference. Although I think the Obama/Wright thing is blown out of proportion, I do believe that Obama is a student of Black Liberation Theology and tacitly condones what Wright said. That is worth judging on some level.

I am not a fan of McCain, but there is a very very big difference in the two situations.

ddog
05-17-2008, 01:02 AM
This is old news that has was hashed out on talk radio weeks ago. There are differences and most of the differences have been pointed out.

John McCain's last statement on this was

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/News/PressReleases/9af1cb39-a999-4e38-93a9-541660174ba4.htm

He was never personally counseled by Hagee, Hagee never Baptized his kids, nor has McCain ever given money to Hagee............I think that makes a difference. Although I think the Obama/Wright thing is blown out of proportion, I do believe that Obama is a student of Black Liberation Theology and tacitly condones what Wright said. That is worth judging on some level.

I am not a fan of McCain, but there is a very very big difference in the two situations.

So, Black Liberation Theology is now the new Communisim or such?
Do you think it played any constructive role in South Africa?
Do you think any theology is maybe better than none?
Do you have any doubt that a white lib theology would have been embraced had the whip been in the other hand?

of course it would.
natural as day and night.

Mccain on the surface seems worse, hagee has said things that are terrible toward whole religions.
he actually seems to be urging an all out war in the ME.
praying for it from what I can tell.

I don't think he will win points from the cinc in the sky for that stuff.

Mccain had no connection to the guy at all before he sucked up for the money and few thousand votes, he hopes.
I would cut JM much more slack if he had a true past religious/family past with the guy.
Yes, you are correct, there is no comparison.

the problems don't stem from pols buying preachers, it's the reverse that gets them in hot water(?).

JM looks much worse.

ddog
05-17-2008, 01:20 AM
Isn't this Hagee thing old news, like Wright?

you "THINK" they were reported with the anywhere near the same intensity , the original reporting, leaving aside the NPC Wright stuff?
even close ...?
how many clips of hagee wild rants have you seen looped endlessly?

wow!
add another gallon of water to the mixture there.

want to bet which you hear the most about in the upcoming campaign if bama gets the dim nom?

'course one is BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY, GOD SAVE US, and the other is just old fashion white boys having their say about all the injustices heaped on them and their "patriots" over the centuries.

JustRalph
05-17-2008, 01:47 AM
So, Black Liberation Theology is now the new Communisim or such?

No, it's a tool for keeping blacks down. You can draw whatever distinctions between communism and black liberation theology. I don't. Two different things all together. As for blacks as whole, They will never rise above the Sunday Sermons and the other bullshit as long as they subscribe to the likes of Rev.Wright. While Rev. Wright retires to his 5 million dollar home in the gated community on the golf course, his flock will be no better off. They will not have moved forward at all due to anything he did. In fact there is evidence that any good he has done over the years, has been destroyed by his antics becoming public. By speaking in the future he could do much more damage. But if he is getting paid for speaking he will continue...........look for the future to include Rev.Wright on television often and early.

In fact, blacks as a whole are ignored mostly due to the long term devotion to the likes of Wright. A sub culture forever doomed to stay that way. Under the the thumb of the Wrights of the world they will never move forward. They will continue to be ignored. White America gave up on blacks a long time ago. The invention of the remote control and the addition of 500 television channels makes it too easy to ignore. The plight of blacks plays out every night on the 11 o'clock news. The remote control makes it too easy for whites to just "click away" and ignore the problem. Whites pay taxes so the local police can deal with the "black problem" Whites no longer care. And that is a shame. But it is the real world today. Whites above the lowest economic level are the only ones forced to interact with blacks and black culture. Altruistic Whites with pure motives do exist. But they are few and far between. The majority turns the channel when they should be listening (the late news) and stick around for Rev.Wright's rants instead of changing the channel. Watching Wright speaking will suck the enthusiasm out of you quickly, no matter your opinion of blacks or black culture.

You can make your own personal determination on Hagee versus Wright. I don't defend John McCain at all. In fact I am very disappointed that he is the nominee. But comparing Hagee and Wright is a bad analogy. The relationships are completely different. One is politics and the other is personal. Neither is flattering for either candidate. But they are different.

For me to believe that a Harvard Educated man can sit in the pews of Wright's church for 20 years and not realize that he is providing a tacit approval of what is going on in that church, makes me question his motives and judgements. Let alone his politics.

You can have your opinion, I have mine. Enough said.

RichieP
05-17-2008, 10:26 AM
In fact, blacks as a whole are ignored mostly due to the long term devotion to the likes of Wright. A sub culture forever doomed to stay that way.

They will continue to be ignored. White America gave up on blacks a long time ago.

Whites pay taxes so the local police can deal with the "black problem" Whites no longer care.

Whites above the lowest economic level are the only ones forced to interact with blacks and black culture.

:bang: :bang:

God loves you too JR

toetoe
05-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Ralph has the courage to speak his opinion varnish-free. :ThmbUp:
I may agree. I may not.

As to ddog's indictment of the all-embarrassing bete blanc, where to begin ?

When (if?) South Africa (or Zimbabwe-Rhodesia) gets up to speed, the "constructive change" alluded to will be merely a pale (sorry :blush: ) imitation of the "constructive change" (see, demolition leads to new construction, and that's con-STRUCT-ive, and really special --- get it ? :cool: ) wrought by the mad Muslims upon the WTC.

Speaking of which wackos, yes indeed --- a complete LACK of theology is better than that of the Islamabadasses. :ThmbDown:

DJofSD
05-17-2008, 11:37 AM
When (if?) South Africa (or Zimbabwe-Rhodesia) gets up to speed, the "constructive change" alluded to will be merely a pale (sorry ) imitation of the "constructive change" (see, demolition leads to new construction, and that's con-STRUCT-ive, and really special --- get it ? ) wrought by the mad Muslims upon the WTC.

Oh, so the white farmers lossing their farms is just the beginning?

PaceAdvantage
05-17-2008, 06:47 PM
you "THINK" they were reported with the anywhere near the same intensity , the original reporting, leaving aside the NPC Wright stuff?
even close ...?
how many clips of hagee wild rants have you seen looped endlessly?

wow!
add another gallon of water to the mixture there.

want to bet which you hear the most about in the upcoming campaign if bama gets the dim nom?

'course one is BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY, GOD SAVE US, and the other is just old fashion white boys having their say about all the injustices heaped on them and their "patriots" over the centuries.Any reasonable thinker knows why they weren't treated the same.....I'll spell out just a few reasons....

John McCain is a KNOWN quantity....war hero....dedicated Senator....BO is an UNKNOWN quantity and an inexperienced Senator....Wright rightly makes a much greater impact on BO than Hagee on JM.
BO not only attended Wright's church with regularity, BO cites Wright as his spiratual mentor, had him baptize his kids, etc. etc. Hagee has little real connection to JM.
But, you don't need me to tell you this basic kind of stuff. All the answers are out there.....the reasons are clear.

JustRalph
05-17-2008, 07:42 PM
:bang: :bang:

God loves you too JR

Sometimes the truth can be painful. Btw, as an Agnostic......... I call em as I see them.

Indulto
05-17-2008, 09:03 PM
... While Rev. Wright retires to his 5 million dollar home in the gated community on the golf course, his flock will be no better off. ...Wow, inflation is worse than I thought. :D