PDA

View Full Version : BIGM SUNDAY 5/10/08

botster
05-10-2008, 01:12 AM
What a horrible betting card until the last race, where i do like one quite a bit.

I should start off by saying when I do see a major play such as this one I always like to see what the experts think.

Dave Brower is the BIGM guy, and I always remember to take a gander at his selections and comments.In this case, he once again gives my pick very little, if no chance.
I have seen him overlook these type over and over again and am actually pleased, because the GP will follow him to some degree helping me.

I am a value player all the way and am looking for big scores.I know who the figure horses on paper are...everyone does.In this case it's #7 FOUR STARZ KID the sharp frontend try in last,the freshness angle.23-31 of his career starts came last year at 4..he's in top form.

The GP will also be all over 5 CROWN CANDLE because of what LANSON did here on Friday night against NW12,OOO.He was chasing the latter at Pompano with a poor driver Tommy Haughton.

Thay also will bet 9 NOBLE WAY off this big drop.John Plutino is very tough to take at anything under 20-1 these days, and he hasn't shown any gate of late.

8 PUNK MAN has been given a 9-2 M/L and to myself is an auto throwout in here.

The fact of the matter is when you find your angle and you know you are getting a top price..YOU MUST WAGER TO BEAT THESE.The unorthodox player is the one that will show the profit.The GP does not win in the long run betting these type of horses.

#3 LANGSIDE CASTAWAY is the play here for me:
The last mile is the key here where he finished right in behind JULIAS SECRET and FARMER JONES.FARMER JONES put in a huge effort to almost pull off an upset against PHOTO MAXX thursday night,this holds much weight with me...trotters race better to their class than pacers.PHOTO MAXX has the potential to be an open type horse this year.JULIAS SECRET was trapped in by a quitter who cut the mile that thursday night, losing many lengths, otherwise would have finished much better.

This horse made a 3/4 uncovered move and hung a bit near the wire.I have seen so many horses, especially trotters over the years do this and race a big one in their next start.It's not completely out of the question that this was the best mile this horse has ever raced!!

I am hoping that the GP here will jump hot and heavy on some of these in here and disregaurd him, such as Mr. Brower has done.

Good Fortune All:jump:

LottaKash
05-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Hey Botster,..........Good Call, right on the money......

smiles for you,:ThmbUp:

best,

Ray2000
05-11-2008, 07:00 PM
1st 3-Langside Castaway$13.60$6.40$3.60

Patients pays off, nice pick:ThmbUp:

botster
05-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Thanx LK... IMO It's inexcusable to me for a public handicapper to miss these kind.I apologize if i am coming off harsh, but when i see a PH miss this angle play, they "JUST AREN'T DOING THEIR HOMEWORK"!

How in the world can he say PUNKMAN was coming out of a key race and miss the actual real key race that the winner came out of last week???...laughable!

A public capper in my opinion must go against the norm of what they MUST pick to protect their win %, and put the time in to increase their average price %.The GP has a false understanding thinking that this p.h knows more than the average player,the truth of the matter he doesn't.All you have to do is read his comments in a race to see this.He is basically a speed capper and that cannot be good anywhere.

He also "missed the boat" on SIERRAS DREAM a few weeks ago.Giving him lackluster comments as he finished second at 50-1 and then he had won at 17-1.The list can go on forever in where he has dismissed angles that make him look like very bad.

botster
05-11-2008, 07:22 PM
1st 3-Langside Castaway$13.60$6.40$3.60

Patients pays off, nice pick:ThmbUp:

Thanx Ray!

freddyblu22
05-11-2008, 07:30 PM
Thanx LK... IMO It's inexcusable to me for a public handicapper to miss these kind.I apologize if i am coming off harsh, but when i see a PH miss this angle play, they "JUST AREN'T DOING THEIR HOMEWORK"!

A public capper in my opinion must go against the norm of what they MUST pick to protect their win %, and put the time in to increase their average price %.The GP has a false understanding thinking that this p.h knows more than the average player,the truth of the matter he doesn't.All you have to do is read his comments in a race to see this.He is basically a speed capper and that cannot be good anywhere.

He also "missed the boat" on SIERRAS DREAM a few weeks ago.Giving him lackluster comments as he finished second at 50-1 and then he had won at 17-1.The list can go on forever in where he has dismissed angles that make him look like very bad.

BOTSTER - first off, congrats on the very nice call today in that last race, well done!!

i do have to disagree with you though on your comments towards Brower.. here is the way i see it.. the guy has to handicap and give a comment for 100 horses every single racecard, and because of that there are going to be a couple here and there that he simply overlooks (such as the case here).. yes, maybe he SHOULD have given a more specific comment for this horse more along the lines of what you stated earlier in the day, but trust me, its humanly impossible to do this when you are capping the ENTIRE card.. you (and all us bettors) have the luxury of just picking our spots and maybe pick ONE horse we like out of the 85 that raced today.. the point is - sometimes brower makes very astute comments, and other times he misses the boat.. many many times i have capitalized on his "might need one" theory and have caught very nice prices on horses at first asking off layoffs etc., but then other times i wish i would have listen to his reviews, as he'll say things about horses i completely overlook.. i know im rambling now, but i think the jist of this whole thing is that you were being unnecessarily critical of him.. but congrats again on that trotter in the last race, that was one that i happened to "overlook" too.. haha..

ps lottakash - those were a couple very good responses on that other thread about 3YO and bounces.. once i get my thoughts together for a comeback, ill make sure i write back haha..

botster
05-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the congrads and i knew i would get some who disagree with my assessment of Brower... and that is fine, i respect that.I must wholeheartedly however still disagree.This from what i know is his only "Gig"...Very little room for error on these type.

I will be honest with you in saying i wasn't waiting for this one from his prior start.Unlike Brower i have another job that doesn't give me the luxury of allowing me the time to study a program the way i would really like.

In closing it's all good...Good Fortune:jump:

LottaKash
05-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Right on guys......As for Brower, lately, he has been off a bit...Even I am noticing this more and more....Perhaps, he is getting burned out after all these years.....I mean, I do not for a second believe he is a poor handicapper, not in the least....Hey, he makes the Morning Line.........I think it has all become a big blur for him......haha.....Lately, I've noticed that he has given up on horses, that I believe are just coming into their own....

And, as Freddy had mentioned, that is, a lot of horses to consider, but for me, that is his job and he should be more alert.......I mean, even if we pick our spots, we still have to wade thru the same info as he does, to be certain that we haven't missed anything....We almost always will miss something, and I guess he does too.......and too, who knows what his personal life is like ?......:eek:

We still like you Dave Brower......:lol:

best,

pktruckdriver
05-11-2008, 08:13 PM
Hey Cash

You guys are having to much fun here, or so it seeems.

Honestly , I was wondering how y'all " chariot chasers ", lol, are doing year round, and does the ADW's affect any of your tracks?

Keep having fun and good luck, though I feel that y'all don't have luck, just skill, right???

Patrick

LottaKash
05-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey Cash

You guys are having to much fun here, or so it seeems.

Honestly , I was wondering how y'all " chariot chasers ", lol, are doing year round, and does the ADW's affect any of your tracks?

Keep having fun and good luck, though I feel that y'all don't have luck, just skill, right???

Patrick

Hey Patrick, good to see you out and about.......How did you do in the Derby ?......Did you stop in KY as planned ?

Yes, Buddy, we are having a good ole time with the Buggies.....no skill, all luck.......:lol:

Best to you,,,stop by next time........:cool:

pktruckdriver
05-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Hey Cash

Yes I got to Ky just in time to lose my small bank, betting against BB.

Yep, I was reaching for the big one, and got killed. But did learn one good thing.

Even Betting the Fav on top you could still make a killing, 1700+ tri and
58k super, seems big money to me, and on horses I was playing anyway, I mean Eight Belles , Denis of Cork and Anak , were not nobodys, they were contenders, you could easily have included. Still it was fun I guess.

Well I will get down to horse country soon and will call or email with a day or 2's notice , ok.

Good luck all

Patrick

LottaKash
05-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Very Cool Patrick, looking forward to it.....then over to Ocala Breeders......for some action.....

best,