PDA

View Full Version : No Presque Isle on ADW's as of 5/10

NoCal Boy
05-09-2008, 06:27 PM
I just received a notice on the Youbet website that Presque Isle will not be available to any of the major ADW's beginning 5/10 due to the horsemen impasse. Go figure.

lamboguy
05-09-2008, 06:31 PM
are these guys on drugs? i mean seriously, they are doing everything they can get you to hate horseracing.

why don't they ask you to just send them all your money, don't bother with wagering platforms or video, or annnouncers, or training the horses, just make you feel like a real suckotash, and spit in your face twice before you go to bed.

Premier Turf Club
05-09-2008, 06:37 PM
I just received a notice on the Youbet website that Presque Isle will not be available to any of the major ADW's beginning 5/10 due to the horsemen impasse. Go figure.

Absolutely correct. We got a letter at 5 PM on Friday from Presque Isle saying PA horsemen were shutting off ADWs starting Sunday.

The industry is fracturing and players are the biggest losers. :(

ceejay
05-09-2008, 06:43 PM
I saw this and quit playing them for the evening. Fork 'em.

Cangamble
05-09-2008, 07:49 PM
I'm not sure who are the biggest morons in the industry. I used to think it was the race track execs but now I'm thinking that race track execs are a step above horsemen collectively. And believe me, that isn't saying much about either.

InsideThePylons-MW
05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
In this case, I make PID a small favorite. PID can just say if you want to do that, then racing is canceled on Saturday until ADW's are back on. It really doesn't hurt them that much. Since they won't do that, they are the biggest morons.

5K claimers racing for $14,500 and MDN's racing for $50K.......as long as they don't cancel, the horsemen are less moronic.

DeanT
05-09-2008, 08:17 PM
They will fight over a slice of the pie until there is no pie left.

And there is no one there to tell them they're nuts.

Cangamble
05-09-2008, 09:20 PM
They will fight over a slice of the pie until there is no pie left.

And there is no one there to tell them they're nuts.
I know you like using the Wal Mart analogy. I don't see how the horsemen have any say whatsoever when you apply that parallel.
But then again, if horse racing ran like Wal Mart we would have 12-15% takeouts and big lineups to wager.

BombsAway Bob
05-09-2008, 09:40 PM
are these guys on drugs? i mean seriously, they are doing everything they can get you to hate horseracing.

why don't they ask you to just send them all your money, don't bother with wagering platforms or video, or annnouncers, or training the horses, just make you feel like a real suckotash, and spit in your face twice before you go to bed.
with slots & a 29% Takeout on $1Minimum Supers, they want you to use rewards points for the spit

Kelso
05-09-2008, 11:12 PM
The industry is fracturing and players are the biggest losers. :(I disagree with ya there, Ian. After all, most players lose money betting on horses; so, the less they're able to bet, the less they'll lose.

It's the greedy bastards now competing for rapidly shrinking purses who will lose the most as a result of their idiotic demands. And that's as it should be.

Kelso
05-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I'm not sure who are the biggest morons in the industry. I used to think it was the race track execs but now I'm thinking that race track execs are a step above horsemen collectively. And believe me, that isn't saying much about either.:ThmbUp: :D:ThmbUp:

Tom
05-10-2008, 12:07 AM
The "horsemen" put on the show, huh?
:lol::lol::lol:

Here's hoping a bunch of these miserable leeches go broke and a lot of tracks go broke - I have always said we needed less of everything.

What a bunch of morons!

trigger
05-10-2008, 10:29 AM

Did you expect otherwise? Apparently, Youbet is balking at the THG rate demands (just like TN).