PDA

View Full Version : TVG first-quarter wagering soars to record

trigger
05-09-2008, 10:59 AM
"The figure is a 32% increase compared with the first quarter of 2007 and occurred during a quarter when overall wagering on horse racing in the United States declined 3.1 %. The wagering increase was fueled by a 47% increase in TVG’s cable and satellite television distribution to 30-million United States households, according to a company press release."

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/May/08/TVG-first-quarter-wagering-soars-to-record.aspx

price
05-09-2008, 12:29 PM
"The figure is a 32% increase compared with the first quarter of 2007 and occurred during a quarter when overall wagering on horse racing in the United States declined 3.1 %. The wagering increase was fueled by a 47% increase in TVG’s cable and satellite television distribution to 30-million United States households, according to a company press release."

http://www.thoroughbredtimes.com/national-news/2008/May/08/TVG-first-quarter-wagering-soars-to-record.aspx

No mention that TVG was allowed to accept wagers on Santa Anita this year and not last? That might have something to do with it.

JustRalph
05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
am I reading that right? They almost added 50% to their distribution?

how the hell did they do that?

and why didn't their online platform crash? :lol:

thruncy
05-09-2008, 07:48 PM
:jump:U need to apply for "Chief Party Officer" at the Derby.:jump: You also are an ardent account wagerer I'd bet...(NOT)

phatbastard
05-09-2008, 10:06 PM
also opened wagering in new york through Yonkers hook up

raybo
05-09-2008, 10:24 PM
I talked to the track manager at Evangeline a while back about not being able to bet that track on BetPad. He said that they screwed up when they signed on with TVG and that as soon as the next thoroughbred season is over they are not going to renew their contract. He said they did not read the fine print well enough before signing the contract. He appologized several times during the conversation.

JimG
05-09-2008, 11:04 PM
He said they did not read the fine print well enough before signing the contract.

If that is true, then the responsible party should have been fired.