PDA

View Full Version : Presque Isle meet starts tonight

RichieP
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Opening night features 6 and 7 horse fields

NoCal Boy
05-09-2008, 09:41 AM
That should change as Churchill cuts its purses. It will be interesting to see if the ADW's get access to Presque Isle. TVG looks to be the TV provider and the other major ADW's still have it on the schedule this morning. PA HBPA is part of THG.

trigger
05-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Since THG has previously announced that it is handling Preque Isle's ADW negotiations, this should be Youbet's big chance to step up to the plate and confirm their belief in sharing signals equally by agreeing to the horsemen's demand of 1/3 each for horsemen, track, and ADW.
We shall see.:rolleyes:

richrosa
05-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Presque Isle, which looks to be a nice early evening meet, will not be the linchpin in getting anyone to reverse course in this dispute. This meet will fly under the radar much more than it did last year in its short purse giveaway bonanza, and by the middle of the week after next, it will be virtually ignored.

TVG is not going to give up its valuable Hollywood Park / Meadowlands race/analysis time to showing Presque Isle races live. If you get 3 races live a night, I'll be surprised.

Cangamble
05-09-2008, 10:51 AM
PTC carried them in September, but it doesn't look like they have them now.
HPI doesn't carry them either. I think it is because WEG looks at Presque Isle as major competition.

NoCal Boy
05-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Youbet will not agree to 1/3 of the gross. At no pointhas Youbet ever said they will agree to 1/3 of the gross. They very well might agree to 1/3 of the net takeout as it is determined between the tracks, horsemen and Youbet.

It certainly would be intriguing if THG came to an agreement with Youbet, PTC and others for more than what Tracknet is willing to pay. Does Tracknet then get shut out of all THG content? It would destroy their ADW's.

Starting to get the picture of why Tracknet has its backs against the wall here? THG effectively wants 1/3 of the gross, or about 7%. Tracknet has countered with 1/4% more than the 3.75% currently given, or 4%. This is a difference of 3%. If Youbet and others agree to give 5.5% to THG, what does Tracknet do?

Premier Turf Club
05-09-2008, 11:06 AM
PTC carried them in September, but it doesn't look like they have them now.
HPI doesn't carry them either. I think it is because WEG looks at Presque Isle as major competition.

We do have PID starting today. The hold-up was awaiting word on horsemen approval which everyone has for the time being. They should be up on the site within 60 minutes.

lamboguy
05-09-2008, 11:09 AM
presque isles will get no horses from churchill, because once you take a horse out of churchill downs grounds to run at a different venue, the horse cannot comeback to churchill. the exceptions are high priced allowance and stake horses or statebreds such as ohio or indiana, to run in restricted races.

boy the whole racing game is a mess right now, they need a legitamate commision to run it in its entirety. they just keep shooting themselves in their feet

Cangamble
05-09-2008, 12:10 PM
We do have PID starting today. The hold-up was awaiting word on horsemen approval which everyone has for the time being. They should be up on the site within 60 minutes.
I couldn't understand why you wouldn't. Now I have to adjust my newest blog post.

RichieP
05-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Looked like a very fair surface last evening.

This Tapeta stuff appears at least to me the best by a considerable margin of all the "fake stuff". I watched quite a few cards at GG and even in heavy rains the horses seemed to have a nice foundation under them to run on.

MAGICHORSEMAN
05-10-2008, 11:52 PM
Its great to have another track for trainers and jockeys in the area to make money. I just with the track would add a pick 4 or rolling pick 3's. Perhaps a grand slam... But it looks like we will have to wait a few more decades for a change.