PDA

View Full Version : Gas Prices

cosmo96
05-07-2008, 04:17 PM
Have high gas prices had any impact on the way you play? Do you go to the track less often? Wager less? Whatever, I would like to hear players opinions, and how they cope with gas prices in regard to our sport.

MickJ26
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Have high gas prices had any impact on the way you play? Do you go to the track less often? Wager less? Whatever, I would like to hear players opinions, and how they cope with gas prices in regard to our sport.

I live within walking distance of my local OTB where I do most of my playing nowadays.
I usually only go to the track for the big racing days (e.g. Wood Memorial, Belmont Stakes, Met Mile, The Cigar, Jockey Club Gold Cup, etc.)
The track with their poor customer service is also a big concern.

asH
05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
I have my lunch delivered :D

misscashalot
05-08-2008, 03:34 AM
My otb is exactly 1 mile from my residence. Now, with good weather, I live in NY state, I walk. It takes me 15 mins instead of the usual 3 mins driving. I do this to conserve gasoline which is about $3.75 here. Also, my cardiologist says it helps my well-being.

Speed Figure
05-08-2008, 03:42 AM
Yes, TVG all day long. Gas is at $3.91 right now.

BlueShoe
05-12-2008, 08:29 PM
The nearest otb is a facility that I really do not care much about.The next nearest facility is triple the distance of the first.In the past,on ocassion would travel to even more distant sites,mainly for variety.Now am visiting my close by but less desirable site almost exclusively.So yes,the cost of fuel has changed my behavior.If and when gas hits 5 bucks a gallon this oldtimer will finally open an online account and join the rest of you in the modern computer world.

juanepstein
05-12-2008, 08:36 PM
if you guy want to get really PO'd check out "WHO KILLED THE ELECTRIC CAR" at youtube.

11 parts so start with part 1.

they really think we are stupid.

onefast99
05-12-2008, 08:39 PM
So who will be the first track to offer gas vouchers for their patrons? It amazes me how marketing at almost every track in the USA is so far behind the times.

stu
05-12-2008, 09:34 PM
I have already had one trainer half-jokingly asked to have purses paid in gallons of Diesel when I get back to Albuquerque. His thought was the number of gallons he needs to ship to the track is constant so the purse (in terms of gallons) should be as well.