PDA

View Full Version : Any Chance Hillary runs as an Independent

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 06:04 PM
I think there is no way. But if she really wants to get back at Obama............

why not????

Overlay
05-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Maybe she'd want to out of pure spite, but she'd know she'd just be splitting the Democratic vote, without drawing any support from the Republican side, because she's such a polarizing figure. She'd be the Ralph Nader of 2008 (if Ralph wasn't already running again himself). She's got to think about not alienating the party for next time around (whenever that will be). Better to curry favor by working for the party from the top of the ticket on down (assuming she's not on the ticket herself), and cashing in IOU's for her loyal efforts at a later time.

wonatthewire1
05-06-2008, 08:35 PM
I voted "no" but with HillyBilly > you never know they are insane for power!

She "forgave" her knob, and will probably do the same for Barry. Wouldn't it be funny if she moves to the R side and runs in 4 years?

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 09:59 PM
if Barack or McCain gets 8 years, she will be 68 when she gets her next chance............I don't see that.............she is going to fight till the death.
and when she loses..........the payback time will begin

Marshall Bennett
05-06-2008, 11:15 PM
I could see her throwing a wrench or two in Obama's dishwasher . :cool:

Hank
05-07-2008, 01:21 AM
I think there is no way. But if she really wants to get back at Obama............

why not????

:lol::lol:

rastajenk
05-07-2008, 01:40 AM
The TV talk tonight was of her giving up in exchange for Barbama paying off some of her bills. So she will have weakened his chances of winning in November, cleaned up her accounting, and remained in good position to try again the next time with a not so sublte, "See, I told you so" positioning against an even older McCain and whatever other Dem tries to emerge from the fever swamps. You can never count these Clintons out, they're ambition knows no bounds.

so.cal.fan
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I voted yes, but I'm thinking, she may figure Obama will lose to McCain and she can run against McCain in 4 years and win?

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Independant? What would be the point? So she can become part of group that expects to get 4% of the vote in a good year?

First, she will get the nomination at the DNC.

Second, well, there is no second. That's the point. :lol:

Greyfox
05-07-2008, 03:18 PM

I wish you were right.
It is looking bleaker every day that she is going to get the nomination.
If Barack Hussein Obama gets it, he'll beat McCain too.
Start thinking President Obama. No matter what has been thrown at him, nothing sticks - like teflon. The tide around him is gathering and looks like it will continue to grow. A younger generation is going to push him through as they cannot see through his mantras.

Tom
05-07-2008, 03:24 PM
Agree with Dave - the supers will come through.
The dems know BHO cannot put together enough votes to win nationally but they are scared to death to address it.
Primaries are for amatures. The real people who run the parties have not joined in yet. This is all to make the people think they matter. They do not.

46zilzal
05-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Agree with Dave - the supers will come through.
The dems know BHO cannot put together enough votes to win nationally but they are scared to death to address it.

The people will have a riot on their hands if they don't choose the candidate that the population voted for.

Marshall Bennett
05-07-2008, 03:46 PM
The people will have a riot on their hands if they don't choose the candidate that the population voted for.
They'll likely have a riot anyway come November . :p

46zilzal
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM
They'll likely have a riot anyway come November .
why?

njcurveball
05-07-2008, 04:19 PM

Are you a SUPER delegate Dave? I dont know what they tell the people who voted when their votes mean nothing and the "supers" see who is going to give them the biggest kickback for the nomination.

Perhaps you are right, as Slick Willy has lots of favors to call in and if she wins, lots of interns to train. :lol: :jump:

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Are you a SUPER delegate Dave?

Not exactly.
:D

I just figure that the DNC will be just like Washington: what the people think won't really matter anyway.

The demo-power machine will start and someone will give an endorsement saying, "Old Hill is best for the party" and the delegates will all wag their tails in her direction.

Hank
05-07-2008, 05:21 PM
Not exactly.
:D

I just figure that the DNC will be just like Washington: what the people think won't really matter anyway.

The demo-power machine will start and someone will give an endorsement saying, "Old Hill is best for the party" and the delegates will all wag their tails in her direction.

Dave have you been paying attention? at this point Obama is mathimatically certain to have 1.more pledged delegates won 2.more popular votes won.3. more states won.If they took the flag from him the dem party is finished.

riskman
05-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Hillary has outstanding qualifications-- she cannot be denied.

http://www.theonion.com/content/whitehousewar/hillaryclinton

JustRalph
05-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Dave, you're a super delegate in my book........ ;) :lol:

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2008, 08:16 PM
The Empire Strikes Barack (http://www.funnyordie.com:80/videos/28ab4280bb)

:lol:

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2008, 08:52 PM
Dave have you been paying attention? at this point Obama is mathimatically certain to have 1.more pledged delegates won 2.more popular votes won.3. more states won.If they took the flag from him the dem party is finished.

Sure, I get this. But he is still short (delegates). That means the negotiations start.

But, hey, let me not take this too seriously. As I heard recently:
"Dude, you're messing with my apathy."

Dave

Hank
05-07-2008, 09:51 PM
The Empire Strikes Barack (http://www.funnyordie.com:80/videos/28ab4280bb)

:lol:

:lol::lol: