PDA

View Full Version : Got to love Eintstein

46zilzal
05-06-2008, 05:19 PM
It is characteristic of the military mentality that non-human factors (atom bombs, strategic bases, weapons of all sorts, the possession of raw materials, etc.) are held essential, while the human being, his desires and thoughts--in short, the psychological factors--are considered as unimportant and secondary.

In our time the military mentality is still more dangerous than formerly because the offensive weapons have become much more powerful than the defensive ones. Therefore it leads, by necessity, to preventative war. The general insecurity that goes hand in hand with this results in the sacrifice of the citizen's civil rights to the supposed welfare of the state. Political witch-hunting, controls of all sorts (e.g., control of teaching and research, of the press, and so forth) appear inevitable, and for this reason do not encounter that popular resistance, which, were it not for the military mentaility, would provide a protection.

The American Scholar 1947

Hank
05-06-2008, 05:28 PM
It is characteristic of the military mentality that non-human factors (atom bombs, strategic bases, weapons of all sorts, the possession of raw materials, etc.) are held essential, while the human being, his desires and thoughts--in short, the psychological factors--are considered as unimportant and secondary.

In our time the military mentality is still more dangerous than formerly because the offensive weapons have become much more powerful than the defensive ones. Therefore it leads, by necessity, to preventative war. The general insecurity that goes hand in hand with this results in the sacrifice of the citizen's civil rights to the supposed welfare of the state. Political witch-hunting, controls of all sorts (e.g., control of teaching and research, of the press, and so forth) appear inevitable, and for this reason do not encounter that popular resistance, which, were it not for the military mentaility, would provide a protection.

The American Scholar 1947

Great post....However it won't be given a second glance by the. grunt slobber grunt... DEM BAAAD... NEOCON GOOOD crowd.:lol:

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Now I get it. You're a Schizophrenic and this stuff just pops into your head and comes out your keyboard. Ok,,,,,,,,,it's all starting to make sense now....................

bigmack
05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
How much weight can one give to the words of a man who would make such a choice in footwear?

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/AE.jpg

46zilzal
05-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Now I get it. You're a Schizophrenic and this stuff just pops into your head and comes out your keyboard.
Albert Einstein wrote that a long time ago. You are free to look it up just like I did.

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/8359.html

Dave Schwartz
05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
Footwear...

LOL - That's why I love this board.

Mack... you, you're good!

bigmack
05-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Footwear...
David - I couldn't help but laugh myself as well...:lol:

(Ext HD has been ordered and will be en route on arrival. Gracias)

hcap
05-06-2008, 07:04 PM
How much weight can one give to the words of a man who would make such a choice in footwear?

Words come from the top end of man, not the bottom.

Military mindset is THE problem. Or war is too important to be left to the generals. Particularly the armchair variety.

bigmack
05-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Words come from the top end of man, not the bottom.

Military mindset is THE problem. Or war is too important to be left to the generals. Particularly the armchair variety.
Speaking of the bottom, how bout if we click our glass slippers together and wish that wars would just go away.

Hey, I got a better idea.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/vwp.jpg
There. That should make things all better.
(The proceeding was brought to you sardonically. World reality got in the way)

Dave Schwartz
05-06-2008, 07:52 PM
:lol:

Mack: The guy whose tag lines have taglines.

toetoe
05-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Guten tag, mack. :cool:

ljb
05-06-2008, 08:34 PM

Well actually it would make things worse, for the war-mongering profiteers.

hcap
05-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Speaking of the bottom, how bout if we click our glass slippers together and wish that wars would just go away.

Hey, I got a better idea.

Armchair nice and soft bunky? Settle back and play with your toy soldiers. Maybe you can have a little squadron of your playtime warriors surround some silly naive dreamer peace types and take 'em out before they start singin' Kumbaya and give your overly macho sensitivities palpitations.

God knows which side he is on. You don't.

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 10:02 PM
anybody see the irony in how this thread was spelled?

lsbets
05-06-2008, 10:07 PM
anybody see the irony in how this thread was spelled?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Hey, its well known that our "doctor" friend has some serious challenges when it comes to the written word. Some might even call him a rutabaga.

Tom
05-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Mac, Ralph, ls......my sides hurt.:lol::lol::lol:
I'm literally seeing tears on my keyboard!

bigmack
05-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Armchair nice and soft bunky? Settle back and play with your toy soldiers. Maybe you can have a little squadron of your playtime warriors surround some silly naive dreamer peace types and take 'em out before they start singin' Kumbaya and give your overly macho sensitivities palpitations.
I don't begrudge someone who might go to a seance to dial-in & talk with a deceased, Uncle Morty. And I don't begrudge folk who long to "vischualize" the world into peace and tranquility. I question how far removed their expectations are from reality. Who knows? "Give it a whirl" is my motto.

Realists hate war as much as anyone. Small minds assume all wars come from kids playing GIJoe and their motives.

Guess Who?

I detest war. It might not be the worst thing to befall human beings, but it is wretched beyond all description. When nations seek to resolve their differences by force of arms, a million tragedies ensue. The lives of a nation's finest patriots are sacrificed. Innocent people suffer and die. Commerce is disrupted; economies are damaged; strategic interests shielded by years of patient statecraft are endangered as the exigencies of war and diplomacy conflict. Not the valor with which it is fought nor the nobility of the cause it serves, can glorify war.

Tom
05-06-2008, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by hcap
Armchair nice and soft bunky? Settle back and play with your toy soldiers.

You jealous because you only have one little soldier to play with?

Hank
05-07-2008, 01:35 AM

:lol::lol:

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2008, 03:11 AM
Great post....However it won't be given a second glance by the. grunt slobber grunt... DEM BAAAD... NEOCON GOOOD crowd.:lol:Spam.

hcap
05-07-2008, 08:27 AM
Ah! Mr. Armchair himself admitting to playing with MORE than one.
Not that there's anything wrong with that. :cool:

delayjf
05-07-2008, 02:58 PM
are held essential, while the human being, his desires and thoughts--in short, the psychological factors--are considered as unimportant and secondary.
That's because sometimes they are essential to the well being and survival of "the psychological factors". I would think a man who had to run from the tyranny of Nazi Germany would know that.

Hank
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Spam.

Bullshit..The defining trait of the neoconderthals that roam this board,is the worldview that the rightwing has a monopoly on truth and that any idea or statement emanateing from someone with a D in front of there name can be dismissed out of hand.

bigmack
05-07-2008, 05:49 PM
He had the whole set. He was envious of the other team. Thus, the resentment of this country.
(Little Hcap: Comrade, that's not vodka, that's a grenade, run...)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/thumbnail_europe_russian.jpg

JustRalph
05-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Bullshit..The defining trait of the neoconderthals that roam this board,is the worldview that the rightwing has a monopoly on truth and that any idea or statement emanateing from someone with a D in front of there name can be dismissed out of hand.

Why not:

Rep. John Murtha: "It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell." - Source, Rep. Murtha's Website

All the Marines Murtha was speaking about were found not guilty and the conditions that he described turned out to be a total fabrication. He refuses to apologize to the Marines.

Nancy Pelosi:

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.”

John Kerry:
This is the worst economy since Herbert Hoover – John Kerry, 8/6/03, Presidential Candidate and current U.S. Senator. An outrageous lie, that is reiterated on a daily basis, by the Democratic Leadership.

How about these whoppers:
Bush wants to abolish Social Security

Bush is dumb. He is not smart enough to be President.

How about this video
8wwgUKre_00

Should I mention the Grand Poobah of Dem Lies? I wont' post them all.............just one.............. " I did not have sexual relations with that women"

Shall we mention the Dem Senator with 90k in cash in his freezer?

Randy Cunningham is an example on the Repub side...........but why the hell should anybody believe a Dem? In the lying game the Dems are way ahead........

I can't understand why people would think Democrats are liars? Repubs do it too............but the Dems have turned it into an art form..............

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Bullshit..The defining trait of the neoconderthals that roam this board,is the worldview that the rightwing has a monopoly on truth and that any idea or statement emanateing from someone with a D in front of there name can be dismissed out of hand.Not bullshit. You post it once, ok. But when you post the same incoherent junk over and over again, it's SPAM, plain and simple.

boxcar
05-09-2008, 12:06 AM

You've missed the mark entirely, sir. It's not that the "rightwing has a monopoly on truth" as much as the left wing can't recognize reality (truth and facts) when it bites them in the posterior. In short, visceral-driven left wingers can't help but make right wingers look brilliant by comparison-- even Einsteinistic. :)

Boxcar

Hank
05-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Not bullshit. You post it once, ok. But when you post the same incoherent junk over and over again, it's SPAM, plain and simple.

You know Mike,as an admin/arbiter you should a least pretend to be fair and unbiased.

Hank
05-09-2008, 11:20 AM
]Why not:

Rep. John Murtha: "It's much worse than reported in Time magazine. There was no fire fight. There was no IED that killed these innocent people. Our troops overreacted because of the pressure on them and they killed innocent civilians in cold blood. And that's what the report is going to tell." - Source, Rep. Murtha's Website

All the Marines Murtha was speaking about were found not guilty and the conditions that he described turned out to be a total fabrication. He refuses to apologize to the Marines.

Nancy Pelosi:

“Democrats have a commonsense plan to help bring down skyrocketing gas prices by cracking down on price gouging, rolling back the billions of dollars in taxpayer subsidies, tax breaks and royalty relief given to big oil and gas companies, and increasing production of alternative fuels.”

John Kerry:
This is the worst economy since Herbert Hoover – John Kerry, 8/6/03, Presidential Candidate and current U.S. Senator. An outrageous lie, that is reiterated on a daily basis, by the Democratic Leadership.

How about these whoppers:
Bush wants to abolish Social Security

Bush is dumb. He is not smart enough to be President.

How about this video
8wwgUKre_00

Should I mention the Grand Poobah of Dem Lies? I wont' post them all.............just one.............. " I did not have sexual relations with that women"

Shall we mention the Dem Senator with 90k in cash in his freezer?

Randy Cunningham is an example on the Repub side...........but why the hell should anybody believe a Dem? In the lying game the Dems are way ahead........

I can't understand why people would think Democrats are liars? Repubs do it too............but the Dems have turned it into an art form..............[/QUOTE]

Your honor the defendant has confessed I rest my case.:lol::lol:

ljb
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
You know Mike,as an admin/arbiter you should a least pretend to be fair and unbiased.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom
05-09-2008, 02:12 PM
It's good to be KING! ;)

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2008, 01:53 PM
You know Mike,as an admin/arbiter you should a least pretend to be fair and unbiased.If someone from the right was posting the same line over and over again as you do, I would have posted the same exact response.

But, the righties don't do that, do they? Show me a righty who has posted the same line over and over again, like yours, and I will offer you a sincere apology.

If I wasn't fair and unbiased, I would simply delete and ban all the folks I don't agree with....why would I go through all the hassle if I were truly biased and unfair? After all, the left on here always tells me that off-topic is DOMINATED by the right, so I wouldn't lose much traffic if I deleted and banned all those I disagree with politically....so tell me, how unfair and unbiased am I?

ljb
05-10-2008, 03:31 PM
It's good to be KING! ;)
King Obama does have a nice ring to it. ;)

Tom
05-10-2008, 05:40 PM
So does Kingfish.