PDA

View Full Version : 2-1 to win, 3-2 to place, or 7-5 to show

banacek
05-05-2008, 10:58 PM
I liked Big Brown in the Derby (a 2-1 redboard!), but when I looked at the odds I just couldn't bet him at 2-1 and had no real opinion on who would come second, so I decided on passing the Derby. But then I started looking at the place/show pools and thought to myself that Dr. Z was still alive and well and with these pools no last minutes bets were going to change that. The show pool on Big Brown was screaming for a bet and I did with gusto. Now, I feel kind of gutless and embarassed to admit that I bet show on the favourite on the Derby, but an overlay is an overlay.

SeattleSlew@BP
05-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Big Brown was an "all or nothing" horse in my mind. I thought he would either dominate or finish up the track.

toetoe
05-06-2008, 03:13 PM
$4.80 !! :jump: . Well done. :ThmbUp:

Fastracehorse
05-06-2008, 03:19 PM
With the fave winning and a very moderate price 2nd - as tragic as it was.

fffastt

sandpit
05-06-2008, 10:06 PM
Quick story: my father-in-law, who had never been to the races, was at the Derby called and asked me who to bet. I told him BB, so he puts $2 to win on him. While he is cashing for his huge profit, he hears the teller at the next window say "you just won $290,000, we've gotta go to the big room! The guy is cashing 10-$1 superfecta tickets! He tells my f-i-l he is chartering a private plane home and goes merrily away with some mutuel officials. So my f-i-l calls me later and asks how often does this happen, and I tell him I win like that about once a week:cool:, that's why I'm driving a 10 year old car and eating peanut butter every night...

MarkH45
05-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I got 5-1 on BB on ehorsex.com :)