PDA

View Full Version : McCain gives the bird to some of his base

JustRalph
05-05-2008, 09:03 PM
John McCain announced today that if elected he will put the Illeg. Immigrant amnesty plan into effect. Knowing how badly the previous attempt at this failed, I don't understand how he can even attempt to pass this to his base.

This guy is nuts!

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/05/05/mccain-reaches-out-to-hispanics-on-cinco-de-mayo/

McCain, who announced that he will attend the annual convention of the National Council of La Raza in San Diego on July 14, said Cinco de Mayo is a chance for Mexico to celebrate its path to freedom.

wonatthewire1
05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
he's going to push hard for the immigrant vote; Bush did too (remember the nephew or whatever in his family). But nothing happens...

We pushed hard to make abortions illegal and many voted for Bush to have that happen and it hasn't - simply a way to garner votes and then forget about it. That politics in Washingtoon.

'ticians on both sides are saying a lot, but that doesn't mean that they'll do anything...I'm just always surprised that any one listens to them considering their track record!

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 12:08 AM
you should see some of the ads that running in N.Carolina

including radio ads for Ron Paul............????

riskman
05-06-2008, 01:11 AM
McCain =the neoconservative, tax-hiking, free speech-killing, immigration-subsidizing, global warming nutjob who has spit in the eye of the GOP base one too many times.
There is no point in attempting to work within the old Republican Party, which is morally bankrupt and beyond repair.

Tom
05-06-2008, 07:33 AM
He opened up his spainsh language website yesterday in honor of Sinkhole Ohmyo.

And Huckabee is his new puppy dog....another amnesty supporterd.

Do not drink this man's kool aid - he is not one of us. I take back everything good I said about him and do not support him in any way. I will vote HILLARY before I vote this idiot.

McCain is poison to this country.

boxcar
05-06-2008, 11:02 AM
He opened up his spainsh language website yesterday in honor of Sinkhole Ohmyo.

And Huckabee is his new puppy dog....another amnesty supporterd.

Do not drink this man's kool aid - he is not one of us. I take back everything good I said about him and do not support him in any way. I will vote HILLARY before I vote this idiot.

McCain is poison to this country.

Might as well vote Democrat. This way when the country slips further into the tank four years from now (which is a given!), no one will be able to blame a Republican administration.

Boxcar

Tom
05-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Nixon begat Carter.
Carter begat Reagen.

Bush > Clinton > Someone worthy?????

or

Bush > McCain > End of Days? :eek:

Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
won, the President has no power to make abortions illegal so don't know why you stuck that in.

Lefty
05-06-2008, 11:32 AM
box, pblm is if we vote a dem in there might not be a country left to elect anyone. Obama clearly does not understand the dangers Iran and Al Qaeda and Hamas pose to this country.
If nothing else, M'cain does understand that.

wonatthewire1
05-06-2008, 07:40 PM
won, the President has no power to make abortions illegal so don't know why you stuck that in.

didn't pack the court with enough of our guys to get it done Lefty - complete and utter failure on something that Bush promised us back in 2000

:(

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
I see that 26 % of North Carolina's voters voted against John Wayne McCain?

and something like 22% in the Hoosier State.

Interesting ?

DJofSD
05-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Come the 4th of July, I think it will be appropriate to fly the flag inverted.

The ship is sinking.

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2008, 02:20 AM
Might as well vote Democrat. This way when the country slips further into the tank four years from now (which is a given!), no one will be able to blame a Republican administration.Wanna make a bet?

PaceAdvantage
05-07-2008, 02:23 AM
You know, it just occured to me that what I am reading in this thread as of late is largely EQUIVALENT to the PETA reaction to the breakdown of Eight Belles.

Nothing but posts of outrageous "I can top you with the following off-the-wall rant / opinion."

Yeah DJ, you go ahead and fly that inverted flag. Have a good time.

JustRalph
05-07-2008, 03:02 AM
You know, the more I think about what McCain is doing, the more I realize that he is "all in" on a hand that either wins or loses with no middle ground.

He will either win easily, or go down in flames by 20 points because his base didn't turn out. If he gets enough to cross the aisle and vote for him, he makes up the difference in the hard core conservative base.

I was intrigued by the exit polls in Indiana tonight. Many Hillary voters say they will vote for McCain if Hillary is not on the ticket.

McCain must have some serious internal poll numbers that show he can pick up these votes. He is either genius.........or reckless. Sometimes they can be the same thing................

boxcar
05-07-2008, 12:49 PM
Wanna make a bet?

Huh? Are you okay?

WH = Democratic administration
Senate = Democratic majority
House of Reps = Democratic majority

Although I would agree that liberals would probably try to find a way to blame this country's sorry state of affairs on Republicans -- but that would be very hard sell under the above scenario.

Boxcar

DJofSD
05-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Although I would agree that liberals would probably try to find a way to blame this country's sorry state of affairs on Republicans -- but that would be very hard sell under the above scenario.

Bonus round: what administration is responsible for the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act of 1929?

ceejay
05-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Could McCain just maybe using the political model exploited by Clinton v1.0 and Bush v2.0? Run to the center, govern from the edge.

Difference may be Obama, on the edge, reminds me of Reagen as far as charisma is concerned.

PaceAdvantage
05-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Huh? Are you okay?Oh, I'm 100% fine. Everything that goes wrong from January 2009 until about March 2011 will be blamed on the Bush Admin that this next president will "inherit." To expect anything less than that is totally naive.

After about March 2011, only 85% of everything that goes wrong will be blamed on Bush.....

DJofSD
05-08-2008, 10:18 PM
After about March 2011, only 85% of everything that goes wrong will be blamed on Bush.....

Ya, but, it won't last long. After 12/21/2012 we'll all be dead. Mayan calendar and all that -- don't ya know!