PDA

View Full Version : Humor break -- EA waking from gate nap

jognlope
05-05-2008, 08:17 PM
He's so cute, wonder when he'll start again:

http://finalturngallery.com/g2/main.php/v/Aqueduct-1_-2006/Wood+Memorial/0215Aqueduct+4_5_08+Excelsior+_+Start+EA+stands+in +the+gateA.JPG.html

ezrabrooks
05-05-2008, 10:03 PM
Great pic... One of those horses that you can't help but like. Is he still in training?

v j stauffer
05-06-2008, 03:44 AM
E A is waaaay cool.

joanied
05-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Oh that photo of Evening Attire snoozing in the gate is fantastic...belongs in a book or something... that ol' hoss is one of everyone's favorites...wish all good horses could stay around as long as he's been.

LottaKash
05-06-2008, 08:13 PM
That good ole horse, was no dummy..........:D

best,

jognlope
05-07-2008, 07:49 AM
he was last in a race a month ago

jognlope
05-07-2008, 07:51 AM
last workout:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4gg36/eveningattire/

joanied
05-07-2008, 03:19 PM
last workout:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4gg36/eveningattire/

A nice easy breeze:ThmbUp: From the time, I'd say EA still has some run...and if he still loves doin' it...let the old hoss roll :jump:

jognlope....I used your link and spent some time at your dedication site for EA...nice site!! I enjoyed my visit.
I assume TJ Kelley is still around....living in Florida. I remember TJ very fondly...I'll tell you one thing...he was a tornado around the barn...he was here, there & everywhere all at once!! My ex husband galloped horse for TJ, so I was around his barn a lot... the man took extremely great care of his horses and I always had great respect for him.
At one time (back then) I had a van, and I fixed up the inside and Pat gave me insulation for it...I can't remember where he got it, but it was cool for him to give me that stuff...I'd take the van over to the woods behind the backstretch of the main track very morning after work, and put in the insulation til it was done.
TJ had a little allowance horse named Toasted... he was sitting on a nice race, so TJ, with my ex aboard, took Toasted out for a breze before the clockers got there...hahaha...we won a nice bet when he ran at long odds!!
Good ol TJ Kelley...

thanks for the :ThmbUp: memories

Grits
05-07-2008, 03:49 PM
Joanied, Mr.Kelley is still around, and doing well. He and his lovely wife, Fran, live in Miami, and as of last summer, they continue to go up to Saratoga. Hopefully, they will be there, once again, this summer.

I imagine Attire is out with the first set every morning--given his demanding and spoiled ways, I doubt he's one Pat Kelley can keep in the barn 'til 8 a.m.

Maybe we'll see him again soon, racing at Belmont. I hope so. He needs his distance, and all of us that love him, have come to know he ain't gonna be rushed outta the gate.

No way. No how. LOLOL

Nacumi
05-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Here's a cute picture of our 2yo. homebred filly, Platinize, working hard at being a turnout. :sleeping:
She's loving life, getting fat, sleeping for hours and growing like a weed.
Her 3yo. full brother will make his first start this Saturday.

cj
05-07-2008, 04:14 PM
I'm actually surprised he is still allowed to race with some of his horrendous breaks. In days long past, habitually poor breakers were not allowed to enter until the horse passed a morning test, and if it continued in the afternoon the horse could be banned in the interest of protecting the public.

jognlope
05-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Platinize is very cute. I like that name Toasted, that sounds like me after I show my horse.

Yeah everyone I've read is really happy about EA's ownership.

joanied
05-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Grits,

Thanks for the update on the Kelley's. I also hope they make it up to Saratoga this summer...Bless them!!

And Bless EA too!!

joanied
05-07-2008, 04:30 PM
nacumi...Great photo. Thanks for sharing.
Just a bit curious...your filly's name is Platinize...what's her dam's name?
Best of luck with her and the full brother:ThmbUp:

joanied
05-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Platinize is very cute. I like that name Toasted, that sounds like me after I show my horse.

Yeah everyone I've read is really happy about EA's ownership.

I always liked that name, Toasted, also...and recently I saw another Toasted listed in the non black type stakes in the Blood Horse magazine. Good name.

Nacumi
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
JoanieD,
The dam is Cozzy Rhythm (Cozzene) and sire is Syncline (Danzig.)
The term actually refers to electroplating with platinum, so her color dictated the name!

joanied
05-07-2008, 05:16 PM
JoanieD,
The dam is Cozzy Rhythm (Cozzene) and sire is Syncline (Danzig.)
The term actually refers to electroplating with platinum, so her color dictated the name!

Hey, nice breeding. I really do wish you best of luck... I also meant to ask her brother's name, since he'll be running soon...keep us up dated on him, if you'd like. Be fun!!
I like that name you gave the filly...and first mare I thought about was a nice stake winner named 'Platinum Tiara'...her trainer was my brother in law at one time...so I got curious.
Thanks
:) :) :)

Nacumi
05-07-2008, 08:04 PM
Hey, nice breeding. I really do wish you best of luck... I also meant to ask her brother's name, since he'll be running soon...keep us up dated on him, if you'd like. Be fun!!
I like that name you gave the filly...and first mare I thought about was a nice stake winner named 'Platinum Tiara'...her trainer was my brother in law at one time...so I got curious.
Thanks
:) :) :)

Big bro is Brother Sy. In a 7F MSW on the dirt. His feet/action would indicate turf is in his future, like the older sibs. You never know till you know. ;)

joanied
05-07-2008, 09:42 PM
Big bro is Brother Sy. In a 7F MSW on the dirt. His feet/action would indicate turf is in his future, like the older sibs. You never know till you know. ;)

When & where? Yes, with the bloodlines, grass would be his thing...or Poly.
Have ya got a photo of Sy?

Nacumi
05-08-2008, 08:43 AM
Here's Sy (foreground, lighter bay.) He's in race 7 at the PHA.

jognlope
05-09-2008, 06:15 PM
He's racing Saturday, hope he's feeling better:

Belmont Park - May 11th, 2008 - Race 8
Volponi S. - Grade:
Estimated Local Post Time: 4:43 PM Race Type: Stakes
Breed: Thoroughbred
Age Restriction: Four Year Old and Upward
Purse: $75,000
Distance: One And One Eighth Miles
Surface: Inner turf PostHorse NameAgeSexWeightJockey Name1Summer Doldrums (KY) 4Colt118Rajiv Maragh2British Blue (KY) 8Horse120Jean-Luc Samyn3Evening Attire (KY) 10Gelding118Edgar S. Prado4Ruff and Ready (FL) 6Horse123Eibar Coa5Strike a Deal (KY) 4Colt118Javier Castellano6Parading (KY) 5Horse120John R. Velazquez7Wood Be Willing (KY) 6Horse120Alan Garcia8Interpatation (KY) 6Gelding120Jose L. Espinoza9Rathor (IRE) 6Horse118Garrett K. Gomez10Tam Lin (GB) 5Gelding120Kent J. DesormeauxMTONo Reply (KY) 4Gelding118(No Rider)

joanied
05-10-2008, 05:12 PM
jognlope.....

THANKS...just turned on TVG & HRTV to watch for the 8th at Belmont.

Good luck, EA....don't take another nap in the gate;)

cj
05-10-2008, 05:14 PM
It is tomorrow.

joanied
05-10-2008, 06:28 PM
It is tomorrow.

Yes, it is :bang: which is good because our dish tv lost signal for about an hour...I woulda missed it.
:blush: Thanks

Nacumi
05-10-2008, 08:42 PM
Okay, 3rd prize for Bro Sy (nosed for second) in his first start. Track was "good", and he made a sweet move from the 3/8ths pole, but got tired running in the deep dunes in the stretch. He came out of it okay so far, and will be pointed for a grass start next. Whew. :)

jognlope
05-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Sorry! I knew it was Sunday but was so tired from moving I put Saturday.

ezrabrooks
05-10-2008, 09:52 PM
It is tomorrow.

I don't think they are going to put EA on the Steward's List for a couple of tardy breaks... They are gonna cut a Graded Stakes winner a little slack.

Kelso
05-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Okay, 3rd prize for Bro Sy (nosed for second) in his first start. Track was "good", and he made a sweet move from the 3/8ths pole, but got tired running in the deep dunes in the stretch. He came out of it okay so far, and will be pointed for a grass start next. Whew. :)Congrats, Nac! :ThmbUp:

samyn on the green
05-11-2008, 01:19 AM
Think they are going to scratch on Sunday. Off turf is not Evening Attire's forte.

samyn on the green
05-11-2008, 01:44 AM
I would look to Evening Attire running in the 12 furlong overnight stakes that is planned for thursday in the book.

jognlope
05-11-2008, 08:06 AM
No he needs his regular venue, preferably 1 1/16 and no funny stuff.

joanied
05-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Think they are going to scratch on Sunday. Off turf is not Evening Attire's forte.

Rats!! Is it raining in NY?? Can you please keep us posted on this?

joanied
05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Okay, 3rd prize for Bro Sy (nosed for second) in his first start. Track was "good", and he made a sweet move from the 3/8ths pole, but got tired running in the deep dunes in the stretch. He came out of it okay so far, and will be pointed for a grass start next. Whew. :)

Congratulations, nacumi....well done Brother Sy. That's a great race for his first out.... is there a video clip you can post here? I'd love to see him in action....
keep us updated. You have got to be very happy about this, he looks like he can develope into a real nice horse for you.
Way to go:jump:

garyscpa
05-11-2008, 11:45 AM
in the 8th at Belmont today.

Nacumi
05-11-2008, 09:43 PM
There are race replays available on Equibase, but you have to pay to access them. ;)
He came out of it well. Big Brother Spider had a nice tuneup today in a point to point junior race, winning by half a length over his mentor/stablemate Danesfort. We had some fun with that picture and the two handsome grey geldings.

JMG
05-11-2008, 09:56 PM
The intention was to run him if the turf was firm or if it came off the grass.
When the turf came up yeilding we decided to scratch and go for the 12F on Thursday and hope for a shower or two.
He will load first which will give hime planty of time to take a nap and let everyone else break in front of him.:)

joanied
05-12-2008, 05:22 PM
The intention was to run him if the turf was firm or if it came off the grass.
When the turf came up yeilding we decided to scratch and go for the 12F on Thursday and hope for a shower or two.
He will load first which will give hime planty of time to take a nap and let everyone else break in front of him.:)

That's hilarious :D
They can all break first....his nap won't effect him catching up when he's ready.

Someone posted today in the 8th at Belmont...which is it...today :confused: or Thursday?

joanied
05-12-2008, 08:07 PM
There are race replays available on Equibase, but you have to pay to access them. ;)
He came out of it well. Big Brother Spider had a nice tuneup today in a point to point junior race, winning by half a length over his mentor/stablemate Danesfort. We had some fun with that picture and the two handsome grey geldings.

What picture?

joanied
05-12-2008, 08:15 PM
Evening Attire...best of luck, don't get caught :sleeping: nappin'!!!

8th (4:45) Belmont Park

Fit to Fight S.

1 1/2 Miles | Open | 4 Year Olds And Up Stakes | Purse: $75,000

Post# Horse Jockey Weight Claim Price Equip. Med. 1 Evening Attire -Velasquez C120L 2 Delosvientos--Coa E M120L 3 Malibu Moonshine-Maragh R123L 4No Reply-Garcia Alan118L 5 Successful Affair -Desormeaux K J120L 6 Arcata -Prado E S123L 7 Tergesti-Hill C118L

jognlope
05-14-2008, 03:29 PM
he's going in 8th tomorrow

http://www.equibase.com/premium/eqbRaceEntriesDisplay.cfm?TRK=BEL&CY=USA&DATE=05/15/2008&STYLE=BEL