PDA

View Full Version : Question for someone whos been to preakness

kyle2227
05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I am reading this from the preakness web site http://www.preakness.com/NR/rdonlyres/F48FACF0-02F8-4796-9E9F-735251152FBB/0/08ResForm.pdf looking at the parking map it looks like the cheapest parking is $45. That seems like a lot to me. Can any one whos been there before confirm this? Is there other places maybe I could try to park like nearby department stores or places like that? Thanks for the info.

rrpic6
05-05-2008, 04:14 PM
I am reading this from the preakness web site http://www.preakness.com/NR/rdonlyres/F48FACF0-02F8-4796-9E9F-735251152FBB/0/08ResForm.pdf looking at the parking map it looks like the cheapest parking is $45. That seems like a lot to me. Can any one whos been there before confirm this? Is there other places maybe I could try to park like nearby department stores or places like that? Thanks for the info.

The parking passes are most likely sold out..these are $45..i think..used to be $25. The day before its only $2-5. Lots of people with signs to park on their yards nearby. They practically jump on your hood. Worth the $20 bucks to find a house close by. You can really gamble and try to park on a street blocks away for free. I don't recommend it tho. I've done that at Churchill at a few Breeder's Cups with no problem, but the area around Pimlico is a lot more risky.

RR

cj's dad
05-05-2008, 04:18 PM

You will NOT be able to park on any parking lot owned by the MJC. DO NOT park on any of the lots owned by the neighborhood people. Many stories of damaged cars, stolen things etc...

Let me know where you are coming from or staying and I will give you my best advice as to what to do.

kyle2227
05-05-2008, 04:30 PM
You will NOT be able to park on any parking lot owned by the MJC. DO NOT park on any of the lots owned by the neighborhood people. Many stories of damaged cars, stolen things etc...

Let me know where you are coming from or staying and I will give you my best advice as to what to do.

I am coming from the Philadelphia area and will probably head down in the morning and just stay for the day and then head home.

onefast99
05-05-2008, 04:47 PM
I paid the attendant $30 last year to let us park by the fence. he wanted me to leave the keys but I took them as I was right on the fence. You will be fine with parking inside the fence not outside of it!

ALostTexan
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Up on the north side of Baltimore, and probably on the south side too (in some much better neighborhoods), there are freeway signs that tell you where some Park-and-Ride lots are. These are fairly inexpensive, and will allow you to park your vehicle and take the bus down to Pimlico.

Parking is going to suck no matter how you do it, but this seems to be lesser of the evils.

john del riccio
05-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I was there when SS beat EG. Never again. I loved the exitment but the neighborhood, drunken lunatics, and parking problem was too much. Definitely do not bring children if you go.

John

ALostTexan
05-05-2008, 04:50 PM
I don't know, there is alot you can teach a kid on the infield at Pimlico on Preakness Day. Mostly how not to do things...

cj's dad
05-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Kyle, give me a call. I can tell you where to park safely 15 minutes away and then you can cab it. Private message has my phone #