PDA

View Full Version : I did it!

jjm323
05-05-2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks to whoever was posting the Graded Workout Reports. 6 of the top 7 in the Derby all got at least an A-, and it helped me hone in on Denis of Cork and Tale of Ekati.

I was the only winning Super at Monmouth.

philcski
05-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Awesome ticket, congrats!

Pace Cap'n
05-05-2008, 08:29 PM
Very nice score! Congrats.

The Hawk
05-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Great play! Congratulations!

Vinnie
05-05-2008, 09:42 PM
Awesome HIT!!! Congratulations to you on the very nice score...

Burls
05-06-2008, 01:06 AM
$29,368.90 for the $1 Superfecta.

Outstanding!!!

Dare I ask, does the missus know about this?

PaceAdvantage
05-06-2008, 03:23 AM
A real beauty! Way to go!

raybo
05-06-2008, 07:07 AM
Great ticket construction. I missed the 16 on mine after having the others, the 16 just scored too low for me to get him on the third row. I had the 20 alone on the top row.

Congratulations!!

xfile
05-06-2008, 07:57 AM
Thanks to whoever was posting the Graded Workout Reports. 6 of the top 7 in the Derby all got at least an A-, and it helped me hone in on Denis of Cork and Tale of Ekati.

I was the only winning Super at Monmouth.

That report's author was http://www.fullcardreports.com

jjm323
05-06-2008, 09:05 AM
Thanks, all. Needed to share it with someone! And yes, the missus knows.

She's already figured out how to spend it!

pktruckdriver
05-06-2008, 09:21 AM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Congrats , awesome hit.

Out of all the tickets I hit 1 Oaks/Derby Double for 5.00 that's it.

I was horrible , I tried to beat BB, and knew better trying to do it and did it anyway. I went for the big payouts, and lost my underwear doing it.

Lesson learned this year, value is in the winner, 58k super is value, all day long.

Again Nice Hit

Patrick

raybo
05-06-2008, 01:54 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Congrats , awesome hit.

Out of all the tickets I hit 1 Oaks/Derby Double for 5.00 that's it.

I was horrible , I tried to beat BB, and knew better trying to do it and did it anyway. I went for the big payouts, and lost my underwear doing it.

Lesson learned this year, value is in the winner, 58k super is value, all day long.

Again Nice Hit

Patrick

I'm like you, I tried everything I could to get BB off the win line in my super. No way! He was just too good. But there was plenty of odds to back him up in the super so I just took him to win by himself and tried to load up on the other lines. Got 'em all but the 16. I knew he was improved and should have just stuck him on the ticket anyway, but my numbers are so good I trusted them, and left him off the show line. Oh well, I'll get it back, but sure would have liked to cash into that pool!

Grits
05-06-2008, 03:14 PM
And for my comment earlier in the week, thinking the reports were too wordy, with too much editorializing; you looked only to the grading system and found the superfecta . . . . . how wrong I was, AND HOW RIGHT YOU WERE!

Good for you, and how outstanding that you cashed a wonderful, wonderful ticket.

Save some, spend some; most of all--celebrate and enjoy!

jjm323
05-06-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't look only to it, but it was one of my elimination factors, as history has showed that horses that do not train well at Churchill rarely run well.

1st time lasix
05-06-2008, 04:05 PM
great hit...awesome....I am jealous and glad someone from the board hit it. I recall burying my head in my hands at 6;05 pm with all four numbers present on my play but in the wrong order. I too left off the filly in the two hole in the super. Never expected her to best 19 colts with graded earnings. Had her in the third spot and fourth spot only....which i thought was "a stretch" at the time. :bang: I "got out" on Derby Day by two solid singles in the pick four. {Race 10 and race 12}Had the modest P-4 ticket for three dollars so it was a net bankroll positive on the day. :ThmbUp: My last really big outsize exotic day on one of the four major days was with Tis Now at the breeder's Cup. . monster pick fours two years in a row! Had big "nose money" on Barbaro but not the parlay return of hitting a multi horse play.

JustRalph
05-06-2008, 05:51 PM
Nice Score!!!

I had the tri with the same horses on the ticket............bbrown over a few for 72 bucks.

But didn't play the super............. :bang:

jjm323
04-21-2009, 11:50 AM
That report's author was http://www.fullcardreports.com

Will anyone be posting these graded workout reports this year? They were terrific and accurate last year.

LemonSoupKid
04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
I just did a search for your ticket from last year, but it was deleted from the site. I remember you hit it and I told my friend that a man hit a $1 for $29k. I was interested in showing him how you constructed it.

Kudos. I'm locked in this year, I think I have it. The key will be to get the position with a few slots (your 3rd place with 3 entries) to hit ... I only think there are ~5 that can win. I'll wittle that to 3 at most when it comes to my ticket.

LemonSoupKid

jjm323
04-21-2009, 08:12 PM
I think the ticket is still attached to the first post of this thread if you want to look at it.

Any luck with finding these graded workout reports?