PDA

View Full Version : The race that will never happen.

Semipro
05-05-2008, 12:16 PM
I was thinking the Breeders Cup Classic would create alot of buzz this year should Curlin and Big Brown meet but both trainers have stated they didn't want their horse on the fake surfaces so the race will never happen.:(

Tom
05-05-2008, 12:36 PM
The Classic this year will be the JCGC at Belmont. Hope for a match up there. After that race, nothning else matters. You will have the second and third stringers left to "battle it out" on the plastic wrap.

You see where the poly "contenders" ended up in the Derby? Not in the top 5.

Marlin
05-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I was thinking the Breeders Cup Classic would create alot of buzz this year should Curlin and Big Brown meet but both trainers have stated they didn't want their horse on the fake surfaces so the race will never happen.:(What? 5 million dollars on the line and they are not going to compete? Don't believe everything you hear. The B.C. being on synthetic will have ZERO bearing on these horses entering. They might not go in, but it won't be because of this.

Observer
05-05-2008, 01:13 PM
Synthetic is as different as are turf and dirt. Since the general trend is turf horses handling synthetic, there may be more turf horses trying "dirt" in this and next year's Breeders' Cups.

toetoe
05-05-2008, 01:25 PM
How about BOTH in the Prix de L'Arc ? :jump:

Semipro
05-05-2008, 05:54 PM
What? 5 million dollars on the line and they are not going to compete? Don't believe everything you hear. The B.C. being on synthetic will have ZERO bearing on these horses entering. They might not go in, but it won't be because of this.I'm just stated what i heard Dutrow say and what I heard (may be a rumor for all I know) that's what Curlin connections had previuosly stated if anyone has more information on this it would be appreciated.Big brown has run well on every surface so far but I suppose time will tell.

ny0707ny
05-07-2008, 11:30 AM
I was thinking the Breeders Cup Classic would create alot of buzz this year should Curlin and Big Brown meet but both trainers have stated they didn't want their horse on the fake surfaces so the race will never happen.:(

After seeing Curlin win in Dubai this year, he looks like he is not beatable by anyone.

I would have loved to see Curlin vs Invasor though. Or maybe even Premium Tap last year when he was good.

bettheoverlay
05-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Last I heard Santa Anita still has the option of going back to dirt. The tragic event of Saturday may have a big influence on that decision.

ny0707ny
05-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Last I heard Santa Anita still has the option of going back to dirt. The tragic event of Saturday may have a big influence on that decision.

What I would have liked to see is if everyone is going to install a non-dirt track, why not everyone install the same non-dirt track?

Because now we have all different types and some horses don't like certain ones. Trying to handicap the non-dirt tracks requires an entire book to be published just on that subject.

Marshall Bennett
05-07-2008, 12:24 PM
They're not going back to anything . That stuff is plastered in the earth there for good , so to speak . :cool:

whyhorseofcourse
05-07-2008, 12:45 PM
I got a feeling big brown will run in the big turf race come breeders cup day.