BeatTheChalk
05-05-2008, 09:10 AM
are winning games .. I said that they would surprise and shock the
world :lol: :bang: and they have done so :) :jump: Over and
out.
"" It might be it could be ........."" :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
05-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Its May 5. Tampa Bay was playing Boston for 1st place in the AL East this weekend and the Marlins are only a half game out in their division if you need any more proof of that. Also, St. Louis has had more home games than anyone in MLB. Let us know how they are doing in September.....

headhawg
05-05-2008, 10:01 AM
What is it with this NFL 16-game mentality when it comes to baseball? There are 162 games played in a season last time I checked not 30. It's a loooog-ass season. If you are happy that they are winning right now that's great. But if you are thinking World Series....?? :eek:

Bubbles
05-05-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm not a Cardinals fan, and I'm certainly not thinking World Series for that bunch, but this team has intrigued me from day one. The Brewers and Cubs aren't fantastic teams. If St. Louis can hang around .500 until Chris Carpenter comes back from Tommy John surgery, they may be a factor in the final weeks of the season.

OTM Al
05-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't think you can really count on a guy coming back from Tommy John right away. It usually takes about 18 months for them to be all the way back. You are right though, it's not the strongest of divisions. My only point is that its not even Memorial Day so the standings are very likely to change quite a bit before all is said and done. Use that logic and you might as well as thrown out the tigers after the 1st couple weeks, which would be a pretty bad idea.

BeatTheChalk
05-05-2008, 09:47 PM
What is it with this NFL 16-game mentality when it comes to baseball? There are 162 games played in a season last time I checked not 30. It's a loooog-ass season. If you are happy that they are winning right now that's great. But if you are thinking World Series....?? :eek:

Last time I looked at my original posting ( which I should have re posted here ) I simply said the Cards were vastly Under rated this season :eek:
And thay they would surprise and win a lot more games than the pros
thought. Voila .. they did... :lol: So sing along ....Meet me in St Louie Louie .. meet me at the fair ... :lol:
Oh they may Tsuris along the way - but Carpenter is coming back sometime
in the near future. I am a fair weathahhhh fan .. and have not been to a game for 2 years. Now you know the rest of the story .. :faint:

njcurveball
05-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Cards are playing great. Pujouls looks 25 again! Mark Mulder is coming back soon and the large shadow of a Cy Young contendah looms over summer for them.

Their outfield "by committee" has been hot, but as the weather heats up, they all seem to cooling off.

Will Schumaker, Ankiel, Duncan, or Ludwick wind up over 300? Probably not. 2nd base "by committee" (Kennedy, Ryan, and Miles) also features hot hitters right now. will any of them finish over 300?

Molina is flirting with 300 now as well. Shame they do not split the season in half, as they would be favorites to hold on for 80 games.

If this team were on the sheets, they would say right now they are playing a "top" and will "bounce".

Doubtful they can finish with 5 or 6 guys over 300, but if they do then the post season is a likely place for this team.