PDA

View Full Version : PETA Wants Saez Suspended, Purse Revoked !!

Turfday
05-05-2008, 12:58 AM
PETA wants Eight Belles jockey suspended after filly's death

Second-Place Derby Finisher ‘Eight Belles’ Euthanized After On-Track Break Down

NORFOLK, Va. (AP) - People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is seeking the suspension of Eight Belles' jockey after the filly had to be euthanized following her second-place finish in the Kentucky Derby on Saturday.

http://www.kentucky.com/550/story/395503.html

chickenhead
05-05-2008, 01:03 AM
this story is on the front page of Yahoo right now.

JustRalph
05-05-2008, 01:16 AM
These people make me sick.

bigmack
05-05-2008, 01:20 AM
These people make me sick.
Might be the roughage.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42869000/jpg/_42869341_416australia_afp.jpg

Tom Barrister
05-05-2008, 05:11 AM
PETA can want it all they please; it isn't going to happen.

JustRalph
05-05-2008, 01:48 PM
MSNBC is getting tons of mileage out of it

Tom
05-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Someone should take photos of a typical animal rescuse from squalor and label it "Where the HELL was PETA?"

First_Place
05-05-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, especially domestic pets. BUT these people have a tendency to go overboard. In this matter I say to PETA:

BUTT OUT!!!

FP

BlueShoe
05-05-2008, 06:53 PM
The wackos at PETA are so far out of touch with reality that they actually want to,get this,ban FISHING!These nuts insist that being hooked and landed causes great pain and shock to,in their words,the poor fish.

DJofSD
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
Someone should take photos of a typical animal rescuse from squalor and label it "Where the HELL was PETA?"

Tom, there's a regular program on Animal Planet called "Animal Cops" (http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/animalcops/animalcops.html) where you do see how poorly animals of all kinds are abused and mistreated.

cj's dad
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
The wackos at PETA are so far out of touch with reality that they actually want to,get this,ban FISHING!These nuts insist that being hooked and landed causes great pain and shock to,in their words,the poor fish.

Imagine what they'd think of me if they found out that I put a live mouse down the garbage disposal; I didn't know what the hell to do with it, after all Gitmo wasn't open at the time.

garyoz
05-05-2008, 07:11 PM
Good news is that no one watches MSNBC except "brain dead liberals" (to quote Mamet)

onefast99
05-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Lettuce bikinis draws a lot of attention, PETA should be ashamed of themselves for doing that to lettuce!:lol:

rrpic6
05-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Wow! PETA's President Ingrid Newkirk is really out there. She makes some outrageous comments in her letter to Hillary Clinton, along with a glaring mistake about George Washington breaking down at last year's Preakness. She makes even a Liberal thinking person like myself think "wacko".
http://blog.peta.org/archives/2008/05/peta_asks_chels_1.php#comments
RR

JustRalph
05-05-2008, 08:54 PM
Lettuce bikinis draws a lot of attention, PETA should be ashamed of themselves for doing that to lettuce!:lol:

Don't jump too hasty............and laugh

From a report recently issued by a swedish group of scientists

PLANTS deserve respect, a group of Swiss experts says, arguing that killing them arbitrarily is morally wrong-- except when it comes to saving humans or maybe picking petals off a daisy. In a report on "the dignity of the creature in the plant world", the federal Ethics Committee on non-human Gene Technology condemned the decapitation of flowers without reason, among other sins.

Still, commission member Bernard Baertsche suggested the body weighed such cruel acts on a case by case basis, noting "the simple pleasure of picking the petals off a daisy might suffice as a reason".
Similarly "all action that involves plants in the aim to conserve the human species is morally justified,'' the commission, tasked to offer an ethical take on all areas of biotechnology and genetic engineering, said in its report. Nor did the commission object to genetic engineering, since this did not threaten plants' "autonomy--that is their capacity to reproduce or their capacity of adaptation".

And only a minority of the group's members objected to patenting plants, with the majority ruling the action did not infringe on "their moral value".

Bruddah
05-06-2008, 04:29 AM

But those young ladies in lettuce bikinis caused me to reflect on my ugh ugh! PETA.....Membership. :rolleyes:

Tom
05-06-2008, 07:22 AM
Did any of the People EatingTasty Animals knuckleheads ever stop to think the jock was riding on top of this horse, and just might have a vested interest in her NOT falling????

pktruckdriver
05-06-2008, 09:15 AM
IMHO , PETA Stay Out Of This Period.

Accidents Happen and this was one of the worst, on the biggest stage, but when all is said and done, It was an accident and nothing more.

For God's sake, or "whoever's" sake , let it lie and show some respect for the deceased, she deserves it. She"d do it all over again if she could, it was what she loved to do, and that was race, let her be honored as "The Great Horse ",
she was.

That's all

Patrick

joanied
05-06-2008, 08:58 PM
IMHO , PETA Stay Out Of This Period.

Accidents Happen and this was one of the worst, on the biggest stage, but when all is said and done, It was an accident and nothing more.

For God's sake, or "whoever's" sake , let it lie and show some respect for the deceased, she deserves it. She"d do it all over again if she could, it was what she loved to do, and that was race, let her be honored as "The Great Horse ",
she was.

That's all

Patrick

Very good post:ThmbUp:

matthewsiv
05-06-2008, 09:15 PM
This is a very sad situation and the loss to the owner,trainer and jockey is enormous.

Some crazy group of loonies who have never been on a horse at 40 mph,have no idea of the following.

Jockeys love horses, they do not want to hurt them or lose any future source of earnings.

The horse loved what she was doing and was running on pure excitement.

The jockey could not have pulled her up in the race,because I believe the accident happend about a furlong after the winning post and therefore did not feel anything in the race.

The truth is that if the track had not been made to be as fast as possible this accident may well not have happend.This was the second self same accident in two days!

In truth it is time to do away with dirt racing.Make synthetic surfaces compulsory.The same company to do every track with the same depth for every track every day of racing.

Racing cannot afford to loose horses with the courage of Eight Belles.

Imriledup
05-07-2008, 04:42 AM
Any lawyers here think that Saez should hire a lawyer and sue PETA for defamation? I mean seriously.

Is there some law in this country that says this jock just has to sit there like a duck and take this you know where?

samyn on the green
05-07-2008, 05:12 AM
I thought this was the most inciteful post from the commenters. My inside knowledge on who is going to get whipped/not whipped and how hard they are whipped is how I make millions on the races monthly. Basically that is what the game boils down to, inside knowledge on who is going to be whipped. PETA has exposed us nefarious gamblers. As for whips, it is hard to say which issue racing will fight harder to preserve. The wealthy individuals obviously only care about the tax consequences, but the nefarious insiders(gamblers)who make millions by knowing which horse will be whipped(at the right moment)and how hard and often, know that the whip is their most effective tool in determining the outcome of the everyday(non-important)races.

JustRalph
05-07-2008, 05:19 AM
I thought this was the most inciteful post from the commenters. My inside knowledge on who is going to get whipped/not whipped and how hard they are whipped is how I make millions on the races monthly. Basically that is what the game boils down to, inside knowledge on who is going to be whipped. PETA has exposed us nefarious gamblers.

Wow, I missed that one. Pat Day would have been preaching 30 years earlier if this was true............he would have never had a winner........... :lol:

samyn on the green
05-07-2008, 06:10 AM
Wow, I missed that one. Pat Day would have been preaching 30 years earlier if this was true............he would have never had a winner........... :lol:By the way they are going to whip the living crap out of Archstone in Belmont race 3 today, she will be whipped long and at all the right times. Bet her with impunity.