PDA

View Full Version : CDI's "statement" on TwinSpires "Issues"

sandpit
05-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Straight from the head of CDI's wagering platform:

MOUNTAINVIEW, Calif. (May 4, 2008) – Vernon Niven, president of TwinSpires.com today commented on difficulties experienced by some TwinSpires.com customers placing wagers on the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands on Saturday, May 3.

“We understand that some of our players experienced issues logging in and making wagers through TwinSpires.com during the 45 minutes leading up to the Kentucky Derby,” Niven said. “We are looking into what caused those problems and hope to have a definitive answer very soon. We deeply apologize for what we consider to be an unacceptable occurrence on the biggest racing day of the year. Our players deserve the very best, and we are working to make sure whatever issues caused them to have difficulties on Derby Day never happen again.”

I find it incomprehensible that, with them taking wagers on only THREE RACES from Churchill the entire week, they could not make sure their servers were up to the task of handling the volume of wagers that were sure to come. If I had a Twin Spires account, whatever caused the "issues" would never happen to me again because I would be canceling and finding something more reliable.