PDA

View Full Version : The Turn System

GameTheory
02-19-2003, 09:42 AM
Was looking over the www.clockerbob.com website. It is kind of a strange site -- there doesn't seem to be any context to the material. Is it supposed to be factual or what?

Take the chapter on "The Turn System". This is total conspiracy theory nonsense. Is he serious?

Haven't read the whole site yet...

rrbauer
02-19-2003, 11:06 AM
GT:

A little history on Clocker Bob. In the 80's CB published a workout analysis on the SoCal circuit. I think maybe he had a computer bulletin board that you could download from too. Anyway, some of his descriptions of workouts were hilarious. Totally off the wall. This was a time when I was going to the track everyday and one of my cohorts at the track would buy the Clocker Bob stuff just for comic relief. He would sit in the lower grandstand up by the 1/8th pole and read aloud the Clocker Bob sheet for the day. Guys would assemble before the first race just to listen...then roll in the aisles.

It's only recently that his name came up on another forum and I checked out his web site....he claims a degree from one of the New England schools--in Engineering I think--it sure as hell isn't in English because this guy butchers the language and averages about 50% when it comes to misspelled words.

How he got from New England to SoCal and back, I'm not sure. If I had to guess, I'd say via space ship!

so.cal.fan
02-19-2003, 12:11 PM
I remember him from the 80's, RB.
I didn't know him personally, but he always seemed an odd sort.
I think he used to work for the Digest? One of the gals that used to work for them, told me he was quite a "character".
I read some of his "book", I take it with a "grain of salt".

andicap
02-19-2003, 01:22 PM
When I was reading derby list, Clocker Bob generated a ton of controversy with his conspiracy theories. People there pretty much thought he was, well, to put it nicely a charactor not worth taking seriously, although being the Derby List he generated a ton of insults and hot exchanges, the sort of thing that caused me to stop reading the List as a waste of time.
I occasionally persue the List now and see the same names as I did 4-5 years ago -- and pretty much the same narrow group of people posting. No one seems interested in talking about handicapping.

Handy Cap
02-20-2003, 12:10 AM
CMON PEOPLE....we all know those conspiracy theories are a joke....right???? we all know that oswald killed Kennedy on his own doing...<jeeezzz, people I swear>