PDA

View Full Version : What was the deal with

sammy the sage
05-04-2008, 06:48 AM
CJ's tongue hanging out of his mouth...PRE-race...most unusual?

Shenanigans
05-04-2008, 10:58 AM
He's run like that in most of his races. Trainers tie the tongue and sometimes the horse doesn't pull it in. It's really not that uncommon. I think Winning Colors was known to run like that.

ny0707ny
05-04-2008, 11:17 AM

He was almost as shocking as BB winning. I can't understand how he came in only 6th after looking the best the week at Churchill. Everyone said so, and also his fast workout times. I was looking for something to explain his overall bad performance yesterday.

JustRalph
05-04-2008, 11:23 AM
He was almost as shocking as BB winning. I can't understand how he came in only 6th after looking the best the week at Churchill. Everyone said so, and also his fast workout times. I was looking for something to explain his overall bad performance yesterday.

ummm.........try this one. He was too slow!

People liked him because he closed to win in his last........that is all.

The video made it look much better than it was. He actually outran where I thought he would finish.

ny0707ny
05-04-2008, 11:31 AM
ummm.........try this one. He was too slow!

People liked him because he closed to win in his last........that is all.

The video made it look much better than it was. He actually outran where I thought he would finish.

To me his last workout and how he looked last week was a big sign he would run his best race ever.
My only guess is that he didn't take to the dirt track having never run on it before.
I didn't like him just because of the close. I liked the last workout he had and the fact that his last 2 races were getting better. I figured he would run a triple beyer in his next start.

ny0707ny
05-04-2008, 11:40 AM
"Turning for home we were in the right spot to come and get them, but you'll see in the replay that my horse took a funny step, switched leads (farthest-reaching front leg) and I could never get him going from that point forward,” Nakatani said.

BeatTheChalk
05-04-2008, 12:57 PM

I have been using Bris for a while now. Very very very rare to see a horse
win ...When he is LAST in Prime Power. I had as a Long shot ..TALE OF Diamond Mines... got bumped and shuffled and cut off and every thing else .. still ran 4th at 40 to 1 thank you. Not that he could have won the race. :bang:

Greyfox
05-04-2008, 01:07 PM

He saw Bo Derek.

headhawg
05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
He was almost as shocking as BB winning. I can't understand how he came in only 6th after looking the best the week at Churchill. Everyone said so, and also his fast workout times. I was looking for something to explain his overall bad performance yesterday.Performance on poly does not equal performance on dirt; fast workouts do not equal fast races. He was a relatively ez toss for me.

I was wrong about BB, though, which cost me. (PA said in the Derby chat that anyone who tossed out BB would be sorry and he was right.)

ny0707ny
05-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Performance on poly does not equal performance on dirt; fast workouts do not equal fast races. He was a relatively ez toss for me.

I was wrong about BB, though, which cost me. (PA said in the Derby chat that anyone who tossed out BB would be sorry and he was right.)

I think if had the same setup 99 times out of a 100 you probably would not get a horse winning from post 20 that was a front runner with only 3 starts. I think what we saw was a combination of a lower quality field he faced and the fact that he is a really good horse. Last year Hard Spun ran a 107 in the Derby and Street Sense I think close to a 110.

I don't know his speed figure yet but I think they both may have gotten him.

Greyfox
05-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't know his speed figure yet but I think they both may have gotten him.

Nope. He wasn't even sweating when he came back for pictures. There was lots of gas in the tank left. He earned 107 on a wide trip all the way around the track.

cj
05-04-2008, 01:36 PM

Not when I think I have a good shot at winning.

Kelso
05-04-2008, 03:27 PM
Not when I think I have a good shot at winning.Or when you see Bo Derek.