PDA

View Full Version : CD & Derby

Hammerhead
05-03-2008, 09:23 PM
For the first time in over 30 years I did not watch or place a bet on the Derby.
I very seldom place wagers on Stakes Races I can not be intimadated by A-holes that tell me if I can play there tracks or not, because they want more of the betters money. The sport is croaking. Most if not all are loseing and giving in to ole ladys playing f-n slots to make ends meet. Now they want more from the ADW's. If these horseman want more money, Why don't they give honest racing and get rid of there crooked DRUGS to cash a purse and clean up the sport!!!!! Hell NO they are for today and f-k the future. I have gone from wagering 110k a year to less then 10 because of suspect racing, Odds dropping 30% after the race is dam over, and stupid short fields at all tracks, and of course ther is always the figure horse that somehow shows up 4th.
No honesty anymore folks BS and we are suppose to swallow it. I know of folks that were in need of cash and meracously there horse won. But 1 won at 3-5 I guess they litterly bet the ranch. He died shortly of cancer. By the way his son worked for me and also died shortly afterwoods. But this is a way of life. All barns have to make money. It is at the betters expense. Other wise no racing. Think about it. It's not going to get better unless we (the better) are able to bet on any race and given a fare shake threw the ADW's because we can not live at all tracks or in all states. All should benifit as to the takeout not all for me and less for you :bang:

Irish Boy
05-03-2008, 09:54 PM
OK.

rcknhrse
05-03-2008, 11:41 PM
If this site and other sites like it could organize every horse player in the usa,and boycott the tracks for 1 week,7 days ,and post a list of grievences on the track websites maybe something will change.
If a bunch of illegals can organize a rally to express their concerns ,why is it the sophisticated people on this board cant do the same.
From the looks of the derby posts many players are lighter in the pocket as a result of playing their piks.
So taking some time off to reenergize the bank roll might be in order.
We need an internet Martin Luther to nail our grievences to the doors of every race track in AMERICA

Tom
05-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Great post.
Write your congressman - support governement regulation.
Should at least be good for laughs!:D

Kelso
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
If a bunch of illegals can organize a rally to express their concerns ,why is it the sophisticated people on this board cant do the same.I think the primary reason is they realize that an industry-wide boycott will impact the tracks only if a lot of whales participate in a material way. I don't know how many whales there are, or which whales are heaviest ... but unless a sizeable number of them decide to help their small-frye brethren, there won't be enough handle withheld to make an industry-wide difference.

Unfortunatelyly, the whales have little incentive to help out. They already get the big rebates and perks ... domestically or offshore and either from ADWs/books or directly from the tracks.

I think players need an organization to research which tracks would be most vulnerable to boycotts ... with the objective of achieving serious takeout reductions ... and then to coordinate the timing and the communications.

Track by track, with organization and skill, I think it can work ... particularly if those tracks that cave in after a boycott are REWARDED with significantly heavier handle from the players who participated in the wagering strike. If and when a series of smaller tracks start taking noticable share from the major tracks, the morons who run those larger venues might finally learn something about what real marketing (understanding and satisfying one's MARKET) is all about.

DJofSD
05-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Of coarse, if some one were to get really PO'd, they'd do something like mounting a DOS attack. I'm not saying that's what should be done but just pointing out that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Hammerhead
05-04-2008, 09:33 AM
I had a passing thought this morning. What about closing betting 3 minutes to post. Let all bets settle in. and then if you do not like the off odds on your pick you have 1 minute to cancel say at between 1-2 minutes to post. Cancel only no other betting. Just a thought.