PDA

View Full Version : So; who was jammed, impeded...might be worth a bet

sammy the sage
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
back down the road???

russowen77
05-03-2008, 09:13 PM
Pyro pretty much got taken out at the start.

FunkyMonkey
05-03-2008, 09:21 PM
i thought i saw gayego get a bit of bumping in the early stages...not sure haven't had a chance to see the reply so i could be wrong.

OTM Al
05-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Gayego got in the middle of that scrum and got smacked around a bit. Not going to hold this one against him as I think he will be a decent one

rastajenk
05-03-2008, 10:19 PM
I can understand that Gayego was taken off his game with traffic in the first quarter or so, but why would Pyro, the greatest closer since Silky Sullivan, have lost it all twenty yards out of the gate? He had every chance to bide his time and make a run, like Denis did, but he didn't because he's not really all that good.

onefast99
05-03-2008, 10:30 PM
They could of all had the perfect trip, no one is beating Big Brown this year, no one.;)

plainolebill
05-03-2008, 10:44 PM
BB was going to win.

Rehashtheglory bucked his rider off coming out of the paddock.

eastie
05-04-2008, 02:08 AM

you might try watching the race or the replay instead of listening to the idiot on NBC. Getting squeezed a little had nothing to do with his poor performance. He is way overrated. The 19 horse Gayego is the one who had the no chance run . Mike Smith is brutal most of the time, but he gave his horse the worst possible ride.

JustRalph
05-04-2008, 02:39 AM

bullshit. Stevens was making an excuse for that horse.

He was going to be where he ended up anyway.

JustRalph
05-04-2008, 02:41 AM
you might try watching the race or the replay instead of listening to the idiot on NBC. Getting squeezed a little had nothing to do with his poor performance. He is way overrated. The 19 horse Gayego is the one who had the no chance run . Mike Smith is brutal most of the time, but he gave his horse the worst possible ride.

On the replay, passing the finish line for the first time........Smith about choked that horse to death...............????

Not sure what he was thinking.............he didn't seem to be in that bad a spot.........????

eastie
05-04-2008, 02:51 AM
glad to have someone in my corner here Ralph, keep up the good work.

Pace Cap'n
05-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Wasn't that the 17-horse, Cowboy Cal, that made a bee-line for the rail right after the break? Someone needs to take a refresher course in geometry.

Sure wish Trakus had been available yesterday. Would be very interesting to see actual distance covered.

cj
05-04-2008, 09:26 AM
Wasn't that the 17-horse, Cowboy Cal, that made a bee-line for the rail right after the break? Someone needs to take a refresher course in geometry.

Sure wish Trakus had been available yesterday. Would be very interesting to see actual distance covered.

That was Denis of Cork, which begs the question why not just take the 1 post if that was your strategy?

Marlin
05-04-2008, 03:55 PM
Heard from a reliable source that Pyro lost the race before he was even in the gate. Without going into specifics, the horse experienced some temporary health issues 5 days out. I'd expect him to run big next time on dirt.

Marlin
05-04-2008, 03:57 PM
In addition Recapturetheglory's race was huge. I've made it known that I am of the opinion that no Cherokee Run could ever win the Derby. That being said, he ran a monster race. Way better than I expected. Kings Bishop anyone?

ArlJim78
05-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Gayego is the one who had a bit of trouble, headstrong and checked several times. Not to say it cost him the race, it didn't. I just feel he is better than his finish indicated.

I didn't see any excuse for Pyro.

Oddzilla
05-04-2008, 06:37 PM
I agree about the Pyro thing Stevens pointed out being bogus, especially when he's a closer who doesn't run until very late anyway.

thespaah
05-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Thought Recapturetheglory was wide thorughout and tired in the stretch. might be worth a few bcuks next time he goes.

Semipro
05-04-2008, 06:45 PM
I can understand that Gayego was taken off his game with traffic in the first quarter or so, but why would Pyro, the greatest closer since Silky Sullivan, have lost it all twenty yards out of the gate? He had every chance to bide his time and make a run, like Denis did, but he didn't because he's not really all that good.(Anymore) something isn't right he went backswards to fast for something not to be wrong that's why he was a toss to me.

Semipro
05-04-2008, 06:52 PM
That was Denis of Cork, which begs the question why not just take the 1 post if that was your strategy?That's a damn good point problably would have run third anyways.I had him on all the ex and tri but the filly beat me had a damn good day anyway.