PDA

View Full Version : How I miss War Pass now

ny0707ny
05-03-2008, 07:12 PM
We would have had some race here I think in the stretch with him and Big Brown. He was the only horse I liked this year. Colonel John was the best of the worst but it looks like he is not gonna challange BB in the next 2 races.
War Pass come back!

rastajenk
05-03-2008, 07:19 PM
You're delusional. War Bob would have been swallowed whole like Blackjack Bob and Cowboy Bob and Recapturethebob and everything else. Might have been a candidate for last again.

ny0707ny
05-03-2008, 07:26 PM
You're delusional. War Bob would have been swallowed whole like Blackjack Bob and Cowboy Bob and Recapturethebob and everything else. Might have been a candidate for last again.

War Pass ran a faster beyer speed figured than anyone so far, even Big Brown. It would have been some race. The only question was distance. Speed held up today though.

ryesteve
05-03-2008, 07:29 PM
The only question was distance.After watching the last quarter of the Wood, what exactly is the question??

russowen77
05-03-2008, 07:37 PM
Personnaly I am glad that War Pass was not in that race. Another big heart. We might have had 2 down instead of one. That was my fear at least.

ny0707ny
05-03-2008, 07:48 PM
After watching the last quarter of the Wood, what exactly is the question??

War Pass got injured in the Wood. That is the only reason why he lost. He still did great. Just imagined how he would have done with no injury.

ArlJim78
05-03-2008, 08:41 PM
injury had nothing to do with the Wood and WP would have been smoked had he ran in the derby.

jonnielu
05-03-2008, 09:04 PM
We would have had some race here I think in the stretch with him and Big Brown. He was the only horse I liked this year. Colonel John was the best of the worst but it looks like he is not gonna challange BB in the next 2 races.
War Pass come back!

War Pass won't be winning this Derby, and Hard Spun won't be winning the last one. You should be noticing that along with the fact that Beyer figures don't mean much as far as which horse might win a race.

jdl

ny0707ny
05-03-2008, 09:55 PM
injury had nothing to do with the Wood and WP would have been smoked had he ran in the derby.

An injury does not reduce the horses chances of winning the race? I must have missed something here. I think it was a long day for everyone.
Have a good weekend everyone:jump:

Hank
05-03-2008, 10:01 PM
War Pass come back!

Yea, to bad War pass wasn't a 3yo in 73 Secretariat would have been in trouble.:rolleyes:

Irish Boy
05-03-2008, 10:05 PM
An injury does not reduce the horses chances of winning the race? I must have missed something here. I think it was a long day for everyone.
Have a good weekend everyone:jump:

He should have never been entered in the Wood Memorial. He just couldn't compete with those other horses and was injured.

Oddzilla
05-03-2008, 10:12 PM
War Pass got injured in the Wood. That is the only reason why he lost.

Just my opninion, but I think the "only" reason why he lost is that they threw a rabbit at him to wear him down and he did well to keep grinding away, but just couldn't come up with any more to keep the lead at nine furlongs.

As far as his injury, I don't know, but I think it was more an affect from a race that was too tough on him to win--sometimes a horse will give it everything he has beyond his comfort zone and it ends up hurting him. But like I say I don't know, I didn't read that he was injured in the race, it seemed like it was a while after the Wood that they diagnosed him.

rastajenk
05-03-2008, 10:13 PM
You should be noticing that along with the fact that Beyer figures don't mean much as far as which horse might win a race.jdl
That's an odd thing to say right after a pair of 106's torches the rest of the field and their inferior numbers.

plainolebill
05-03-2008, 10:41 PM
That's an odd thing to say right after a pair of 106's torches the rest of the field and their inferior numbers.

Really is perplexing isn't it? :confused:

Tex9Down
05-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Hey. War Pass did not win because he didn't race. Please stop with the "ifs" and "buts".

Tom
05-04-2008, 12:40 AM
War Pass won't be winning this Derby, and Hard Spun won't be winning the last one. You should be noticing that along with the fact that Beyer figures don't mean much as far as which horse might win a race.

jdl

Big Brown was a Beyer stand out in this Derby - pair of 106's towered over the field.

Stevie Belmont
05-04-2008, 12:46 AM
War Pass would have spit the bit by the turn...

Marlin
05-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Fact: NO SON OF CHEROKEE RUN WILL EVER WIN THE KENTUCKY DERBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Worthless topic.

Stevie Belmont
05-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Like a son of Gilded Time could win, that was insane. Gayego looked totally winded after the Arkansas Derby.

Worthless topic for sure..

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2008, 03:39 AM
You should be noticing that along with the fact that Beyer figures don't mean much as far as which horse might win a race.Yeah, Big Brown just happened to have the best last two Beyer figs by far....in fact, no other horse in the field (except for Bob Black Jack sprinting on a jacked up SA strip) EVER ran a figure higher than any of Big Brown's last two Beyers....

Yeah, those Beyer figures are totally shitty at predicting the winner.

jonnielu
05-04-2008, 07:08 AM

Let me know when it starts happening on a regular basis in everyday racing.

jdl

jonnielu
05-04-2008, 07:20 AM
Yeah, Big Brown just happened to have the best last two Beyer figs by far....in fact, no other horse in the field (except for Bob Black Jack sprinting on a jacked up SA strip) EVER ran a figure higher than any of Big Brown's last two Beyers....

Yeah, those Beyer figures are totally shitty at predicting the winner.

Too bad Beyer incorrectly assigns deviation to the surface, he may have been able to announce that there was no horse in this race that could compete with Big Brown. Same with the Fla Derby.

jdl

rastajenk
05-04-2008, 07:32 AM
What he "announces" and what the figs illustrate are two completely different things. This is a thread about the Derby, in which you said Beyers are worthless. You're looking for cover after an asinine statement, and there is none.

slewis
05-04-2008, 09:57 AM
War Pass got injured in the Wood. That is the only reason why he lost. He still did great. Just imagined how he would have done with no injury.

War pass was injured way before the Wood.

Get over him already.

ny0707ny
05-04-2008, 12:04 PM
War pass was injured way before the Wood.

Get over him already.

? But now the next two legs of the Triple Crown and beyond we have no horse to challange Big Brown. I would have liked the competition at least. War Pass still holds the fastest beyer figure even with Big Browns race yesterday I am sure.

DeanT
05-04-2008, 12:13 PM
I think it is a good topic, fwiw. After all it is a chat board :)

I too think War Pass is a very nice horse. I would have liked to have seen him up close there. Beat Big Brown? I doubt it, but give him something to think about? I think so.

We need rivalries in the game often times. It looks like BB will stand alone for now. It will be interesting to see if he gets that challenge, or if it will come in perhaps the Classic. I dont care what the figures say, right now I'd pay money to watch him and Curlin go at it.

46zilzal
05-04-2008, 12:20 PM
? But now the next two legs of the Triple Crown and beyond we have no horse to challange Big Brown. .
The Peruvian colt will be there in New York.

Pace Cap'n
05-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I dont care what the figures say, right now I'd pay money to watch him and Curlin go at it.

Say Big Brown wins the Triple Crown and Breeders Cup, and Curlin wins the Arc de Triomphe...match race on New Years Day?

Tuffmug
05-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Big Brown will be at stud on New Year's Day. This matchup with Curlin will never happen.

sandpit
05-04-2008, 01:27 PM
? But now the next two legs of the Triple Crown and beyond we have no horse to challange Big Brown. I would have liked the competition at least. War Pass still holds the fastest beyer figure even with Big Browns race yesterday I am sure.

Big Brown ran a 109 BSF yesterday, his lifetime best. War Pass, whom I really like, had a 114 in the BC, but that had to be inflated - on a track that he absolutely loved and was also very favorable to front-runners.

ny0707ny
05-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Big Brown ran a 109 BSF yesterday, his lifetime best. War Pass, whom I really like, had a 114 in the BC, but that had to be inflated - on a track that he absolutely loved and was also very favorable to front-runners.

You would think though if he was in good health he would be able to run even faster as a 3 and 4 year old horse.

I read online he may be better in a few months. We will have to wait and see. This is not the year you wanted to lose a great horse like him. Any talent we badly need here. Let's hope he can heal and run back to his great 2 year old speed again.

Robert Fischer
05-07-2008, 09:16 PM
It's too bad that War Pass was retired. That guy was the best 2yo miler by far. With the increased distances being asked, WP just could not increase his stud value at this point. They really had little choice but to iron out the deal and finalize.
He was a good one, especially at his peak in the breeders cup.
Recapturetheglory is a very small consolation, but he has some similar qualities and may go in the preakness.

Pace Cap'n
05-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Retired?

joanied
05-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Retired?

Yeah, me too....retired??
:confused: