PDA

View Full Version : Rules are being broken in regards

sammy the sage
05-03-2008, 06:46 PM
to MODERN training...no way we should've tried to beat that beast...I made out ok...due to the pool #2 future wager...but was just stupid trying to score big...ARGH

He WAS BY FAR the best going in....but was breaking lot's of OLD SCHOOL RULES....

Which by the way....has happened quite frequently of the last several years!

ny0707ny
05-03-2008, 06:49 PM
to MODERN training...no way we should've tried to beat that beast...I made out ok...due to the pool #2 future wager...but was just stupid trying to score big...ARGH

He WAS BY FAR the best going in....but was breaking lot's of OLD SCHOOL RULES....

Which by the way....has happened quite frequently of the last several years!

He broke some but some still hold. You need a triple digit beyer and a bullet workout. Still holding since 2002 at least when I started watching the Derby. Colonel John didn't transform well to the dirt it seems which was a total shock. He did have the bullet work though but not a triple beyer. It was a tough call this year.

MNslappy
05-03-2008, 06:50 PM
to MODERN training...no way we should've tried to beat that beast...He WAS BY FAR the best going in....but was breaking lot's of OLD SCHOOL RULES....Which by the way....has happened quite frequently of the last several years!

I'm with ya, I had him everywhere underneath on all of my tickets but not on top. That's three years in a row now horses have "broken the rules" and won. Hopefully I'll learn something for next year.