PDA

View Full Version : Arlington "Express" Poly

bigmack
05-03-2008, 03:05 PM
What the H-E double hockey sticks have they done with this surface with these brisk times rolling in?

BIG49010
05-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Maiden 40k claimer sets new track record.:lol:

Show Me the Wire
05-03-2008, 06:54 PM
I rather see fast times or slow times instead of filly breaking both ankles on unsafe dirt. It is time for CD to go to polly like its sister track AP.

Suppositionist
05-04-2008, 12:30 AM
FYI

The local paper (The Daily Herald) mentioned that the heavy rains Friday “tightened” the track up and made it faster. Something to keep in mind I guess.

One would have to wonder if the thickness of the cushion is less than it was last year also. I always figured they should be able to play with the speed of a poly track the same way they could with dirt by making the cushion thinner. Maybe they didn’t want to mess with it in the first year or they just figured it out. Maybe they adjusted the mixture, there were a number of large piles of what looked like different materials on the other side of the backstretch in the weeks before opening. If its still as safe while being faster, what’s not to like?

S

PaceAdvantage
05-04-2008, 03:25 AM
I rather see fast times or slow times instead of filly breaking both ankles on unsafe dirt. It is time for CD to go to polly like its sister track AP.Yeah, horses never break down on Polytrack on big, nationally televised racing days.... http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40237&highlight=Keeneland+Massacre