PDA

View Full Version : 3 Horse Dutch?

JustMissed
02-18-2003, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know the formula for a 3 or more horse Dutch.

For two horses I know the units played for horse A is the odds of B +1; units played for horse B are odds of A +1, but I don't know how to figure it for more than two horses.

Thanks,

JustMissed

Lefty
02-18-2003, 03:52 PM
I think it's easier to just buy a prgm like Hedgehog or Multibets. These prgms quickly do the "grunt work" for you.

JustMissed
02-18-2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Lefty
I think it's easier to just buy a prgm like Hedgehog or Multibets. These prgms quickly do the "grunt work" for you.

Thanks Lefty, but the guy's photo at HedgeHog freaked me out.... But you know, he does look kinda familiar.

Seriouly, I was looking for a formula to use at the track. It only takes a couple of seconds to figure the Dutch for two horses and I heard that there was an easy way to do 3 or more horses using a pocket calculator, which I usually have with me, but I don't have the formula.

Thanks,

JustMissed
:)

BillW
02-18-2003, 06:02 PM
JustMissed,

I think you are asking for a formula to provide the ammount to bet on each of three horses that would win the same regardless of which horse wins.

Take horse A and figure out it's bet ammount relative to horse B. Then take horse A again and figure it's bet ammount relative to horse C. Multiply these two values together and you have the value for horse A. Repeat procedure for B and C.

This is similar (exactly!) like finding common denominators in fractions.

Bill

JustMissed
02-18-2003, 06:46 PM
That works like a charm.

I did 2-1, 3-1 & 11-1 in a few seconds.

Converting first to 3, 4 & 12 is was quite easy to to calculate the units at 48, 36 & 12. Converted to percentages 50%, 37.5% & 12.5%.

Now if only picking the top three horses were that easy.

Thanks again,

JustMissed

KyRacer
02-18-2003, 06:53 PM
Over at George Greens site is a free item called bonus.zip. It unzips into a bonus doc which contains a basic program listing called dutch 2.0 and instructions. I believe it for a Sharp handheld computer but can be adapted to other handhelds. Instead of a calculator check ebay for a Sharp, Tandy or Ti-74 handheld. Some of these can be found for $15 to $70. These thing use to go for over $200.

http://crowncity.com/speedplus/freestuf.html

azmike
02-19-2003, 03:01 PM
Wondering if you have used either Hedgehog, Multi-bets or any of the other dutching programs.

I assume they are all DOS and not Windows programs?

Thanks.

GR1@HTR
02-19-2003, 03:07 PM
I think "at the races" has a dutching toy. Nice cause if you are playing at home it automatically tells you how much to wager cause the software links itself to the tote board and updates minute by minute.