PDA

View Full Version : Derby Longshot Picks

BIG RED
05-03-2008, 08:53 AM
I think we had a thread on this last year? If not, here we go...........

Going with a beauty BIG TRUCK!!

50-1 M.L. (can you handle it) This horse falls in a longshot angle from way back, and really haven't been looking for lately, but it stuck out and bit me! He is the only one with it in the race, and that is usually the best case. Topping it off, has a great long work. This is the only thing I see in this horse. If it winz, looks like a new record payoff for the Darby :jump:

(might put a little on Ardiona also?)

So jump in, and shoot the moon :cool:

cees with dees
05-03-2008, 09:01 AM
I like Z Fortune. Reformed speedster has had wide trip after wide trip and lived to tell about it.
Could get a great tuck in the second flight, brush by into the far turn and open up enough ground before Pyro gets on track.
The latter in my eyes is strictly the one to beat and am dead against Big Brown who has never run in the wet nor had to pass a horse. Good luck from the 20 post with all the speed inside of him.
Am also dead against his chandelier entrymate Court Vision who had less than no excuse in the Wood and the longer distance figures to enhance that hang.
I rarely if ever like a closer stretching out because they don't tack on the yardage after the wire. They tack it on at the beginning and the animal has to run that much farther early which takes the real sting out of his closing punch.
Good luck to all today. And if you ton into Bruce Levine in the 9th at Belmont, you'll have lots of extra cash to bet the Derby.
Have fun!!!
Ben

dylbert
05-03-2008, 09:02 AM
Z Humor -- finally proves Delta Jackpot is genuine affair! Longest price on board at close of business yesterday, 67-1. Bill Mott, Rene Douglas, blinkers off, best wet Tomlinson fig, 2nd best distance Tomlinson fig, Zayat owner...

Laissez les bons temps rouler!!! :jump:

(This selection has been sponsored by Ken Rudulph School of Handicapping who gave everyone Giacomo) :lol:

canleakid
05-03-2008, 09:17 AM
$1.00 EX. BOX (TAX THING :lol: ) AS MANY TIMES AS YOU PLEASE ;)
19/6/9/5 GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toss_DeLoser
05-03-2008, 10:56 AM
2 Shots.

# 2 Tale of Ekati ml 15:1
# 18 Recapturetheglory ml 20:1
:cool:

Yoshiii
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Only longshot with a chance is ANAK NAKAL or COOL COAL MAN.

Marshall Bennett
05-03-2008, 12:26 PM
ZFortune
Visionaire
Court Vision

Fingal
05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Someone I keep coming back to, #13 Bob Black Jack. He gets not only a good # for me, BUT if the track stays a little wet he's got Betrando in his top line & Mr. Prospector/ Native Dancer on the bottom. Ridden by 2nd time Mig who can steal a race on a pace horse as good as anyone. Nice speed figure pattern, here's a sprinter that has proved he can stretch out, take & give the heat.

tboles
05-03-2008, 01:39 PM
If I am going with a spoiler I would take Big truck on dry and

visionaire on slop.

toetoe
05-03-2008, 03:31 PM
Anak Nakal and Big Truck will battle out the exacta --- last and next-to-last ... of the finishers, okay ?

Tale of Ekati will need mucha suerte from that post, but he's my pick, with Adriano and Visionaire to exactify. C'mon, horseys. :jump:

toetoe
05-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Full credit to Anak Nakal, who finished seventh. :ThmbUp: :eek: