PDA

View Full Version : Downpour at the Downs

joanied
05-02-2008, 04:26 PM
:mad: Man, it is pouring :ThmbDown: down at Churchill... no doubt we all hope the sun shines tomorrow to help the track dry out...but in the event that the Derby is run in the mud, anyone gonna make changes in their betting/picks??

I am still making:confused: my Derby picks list... after reading everything I could fine, watching video ect...I am still not sure.

Maybe I'll just go with Visionaire, since poor Michael Matx has his Chelokee break down today. My heart just:( goes out to that man.

LemonSoupKid
05-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Where was it that I saw someone saying that CJ doesn't like wet tracks (Harty said it apparently)?

It's going to be muddy at best tomorrow, it looks like. Lots more rain tonight.

Lemon

The WindfallAngler
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
joanied wrote:

< Man, it is pouring down at Churchill... no doubt we all hope the sun shines tomorrow to help the track dry out...but in the event that the Derby is run in the mud, anyone gonna make changes in their betting/picks?? >

It means I can't "send it in" as I'd planned, curse the luck.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Where was it that I saw someone saying that CJ doesn't like wet tracks (Harty said it apparently)?...

Lemon

Come ON, man. Why must you SOUR my day with a comment like that?

On the level...

Eowin Harty never said anything like THAT, did he? Don't kid me, now!!?

LemonSoupKid
05-02-2008, 06:57 PM
According to the workout analysis .pdf in the handicapping section here, they claim he affirms this. I don't know.

I like him, but not so much on top, and NOT at that price. If I'm going to take 4 or 7/2, it's Big Brown. I'll reiterate what others may or may not have said: If Big B wins this one, he's the next Triple Crown winner --- and from post 20, he'll be worthy.

LemonSoupKid

Skanoochies
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I saw the same quote that credited to Eoin Hardy(sp?) and somewhere on this site. Hasn`t the horse just run on synthetic? How do you tell he can`t run on an off track? Confusing. :confused:

LemonSoupKid
05-02-2008, 07:20 PM
It's from the Premier Turf Club "Kentucky Derby Clocker Report" in the handicapping section here at PA.

It's going to rain a ton tonight but we'll see how that affects tomorrow at 5pm

LSK

joeya
05-02-2008, 08:36 PM
It's not raining here right now, but we've got storms coming through in a few hours, some potentially severe, and then more rain overnight. Supposed to clear up by about 7:00AM (ET) with the potential for isolated thunderstorms developing tomorrow afternoon.

I thought the rain had a real affect on both the main track and the turf. The first three races were won by horses from off the pace, but when the rain started speed ruled (except in Race 8).

Race 4 - Fast. Wire to wire
Race 5 - Turf Firm. Wire to wire
Race 6 - Fast. In front after a ½-mile
Race 7 - Turf Good. Wire to wire
Race 8 - Sloppy. 3 ½ lengths back after a ½-mile
Race 9 - Yielding. Wire to wire
Race 10 - Sloppy. ½-length back after a ½-mile
Race 11 - Sloppy. Wire to wire.

It will be interesting to see the early winners on tomorrow's card.

njcurveball
05-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the update Joey!

Good luck in the Derby! :ThmbUp:

juanepstein
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
OCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joanied
05-02-2008, 09:06 PM
I have been leaning towards Col John... I hate to hear that news...but, I have to agree with Skanoochies...has the horse EVER been on a sloppy track...I don't think so... so who :confused: really knows?

I hope the track dries out and the Sun shines bright :jump: and if they continue sealing it...BB may get some pretty ouchie feet:eek: