PDA

View Full Version : First breakdown today

46zilzal
05-02-2008, 03:57 PM
Chelokee looked to have fractured a front left leg at the top of the stretch in the 8th at sloppy Churchill while rallying.

joanied
05-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Chelokee looked to have fractured a front left leg at the top of the stretch in the 8th at sloppy Churchill while rallying.

You beat me to it...I was waiting to post this :( horrible event.
Loved the horse and was rooting for both him and Matz...I was on my feet yelling that he couldn't find a way through the wall of horses coming around the turn, when it happened. Geeze, makes you sick.
My heart goes out to Matz... this man should not have to go through something like this again so soon after Barbaro. Damnitall.
I hope they report that Chelokee can be saved.

headhawg
05-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Wow. There are more serious things going on in the world, but this is very, very sad. You gotta wonder what's going on in Matz's head and heart right now.

Marlin
05-02-2008, 04:37 PM
The horse broke down attempting to right himself after Dominguez ran him right up another horse. Wow.

phatbastard
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
i thought he clipped heels trying to get him out of jackpot that Ramon put him in

Marlin
05-02-2008, 06:04 PM
i thought he clipped heels trying to get him out of jackpot that Ramon put him inExactly!

jognlope
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
I read it's a fracture similar to Barbaro's but opposite leg. I think Matz should need prayers as well, with all he's gone through.

toetoe
05-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I can only imagine what he'll feel if he wins tomorrow.

lilmegahertz
05-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Poor Matz...going thru a terrible thing like this again. My prayers are for both him and and the horse.....

joanied
05-02-2008, 08:57 PM
The latest news on Chelokee is he'll have surgery at Rood & Riddle...ankle has been stabilized and they beleive he'll pull through. Matz has to be reeeling from this...I can't understand how such a wonderful man has to go through heartache like this more than once...it's not fair.

I'll have to replay the race....I was on my feet yelling at the TV to Domenguiz that he had no where to go...he had ample opportunity on the backstretch to move the horse outside....then the hole closed up going into the turn...a wall of horses and he knew he was sitting on the winner....I think he got in a hurry there and did screw up... I wasn't sure if he'd clipped heels or tried too much of a right turn to go around.... but, he DID screw up.

Matz is going to be a wreck tomorrow now, worrying over Visionaire.

BIG49010
05-02-2008, 09:11 PM
The horse didn't look right at GP, I was suprised when he won.

Marlin
05-02-2008, 11:09 PM
The horse didn't look right at GP, I was suprised when he won.IMO this incident had zero to do with the animal and everything to do with the ride.

BIG49010
05-03-2008, 03:46 AM
Off long layoffs like this horse was, something was wrong with him, and I believe he was bandaged on all 4. When I did the figs for his GP race, they were quite a bit off of his races last year, with what I thought was a perfect trip. IMO

Hate to see this happen to any horse though.

joanied
05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Off long layoffs like this horse was, something was wrong with him, and I believe he was bandaged on all 4. When I did the figs for his GP race, they were quite a bit off of his races last year, with what I thought was a perfect trip. IMO

Hate to see this happen to any horse though.

No way Matz runs a horse that isn't right.....unless he didn't know.

WJ47
05-03-2008, 11:03 AM
I read on Bloodhorse that the ankle turned out to be just dislocated and not broken. That's great news! :)

http://racing.bloodhorse.com/article/45024.htm