PDA

View Full Version : Levy Final at Yonkers (Any Picks)

Postime
05-01-2008, 05:34 PM
1 – Tarver Hanover (Jason Bartlett, 10-1)
2 – Special Report (Larry Stalbaum, 7-2)
3 – Panaramic Art (George Brennan, 5-1)
4 – Mypanmar (Tim Tetrick, 3-1)
5 – Palone Ranger (Catello Manzi, 8-1)
6 – Took Hanover (Greg Merton, 5-2)
7 – Rare Jewel (Stephane Bouchard, 12-1)
8 – Radar Installed N (Jordan Stratton, 20-1)

I like the 3 to win and 2 will be 2nd
Good Luck

100,000 consolation
1 PSILVUHEARTBREAKER James M Meittinis
2 KF ST PATRICK Jordan D Stratton
3 HOME RUN HUDSON Catello R Manzi
4 CHEYENNE HOLLYWOOD Eric L Abbatiello
5 ROYAL MAN Jason Bartlett
6 BONO BESTS Patrick D Berry
7 LOOSELIPSSINKSHIPS James R Pantaleano
8 MALTESE ARTIST Greg G Grismore

Here I like 6 win and 8 place

LottaKash
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
I always enjoy and have a lot of fun, in these series races....while I am not a great fan of 1/2 mile track racing....I have been following along these past weeks, looking forward to the final..........

My selections, in these type of races are based on using the TM-SR's and what I perceive to be the trainer's intentions in going to the final..........for a trainer what is more important, winning a lot of legs to the races preceding the final and consolatioin, or to win the BIG ONE - $390K or the LITTLE Big ONE $100K.....?

7th Race YR...The $100K Consolatiion in the Levy Series......

My Pick is #8 - MALTESE ARTIST.....I hate more than anything, to bet a horse from the 8hole At YR.....and the only thing that can win a race, frp, there, other than dumb racing luck, is Class and Speed, with the help of a good driver........so, in this spirit......So,I will go with who I believe is the Classiest and Speediest horse in this race.......

Maltese Artist is a ONE MILLION winner last year.....but, current form counts for more than money won last year......No problem on form..........

4 races back after blowing the final ,from the 9-hole, in the $267K final of the Isle of Capri Series at Pompano Park, he headed north to get an ez race at the Meadowlands, and then headed the following week, to YR for the start of the Levy Series.........In that race he posted a SR of 108, finishing 2d and fin 4th the following week in an identical SR- of 108, the next race he bolted out of there from the 7-hole in 26:3, and kept the lead to the stretch call and faded a bit and finished 4th in an E-Z race of 98, but this was the first time he took command, in a race, since racing in Florida....a good and positive sign, that this horse is coming around.........then in his next start (last week) from the rail, sat second and just missed by a nk, and last 1/4 in 26:3., SR of 106, the fastest recently of all of these.........see this pattern 26:3 early and 26:3 late.......for me, they are preps for the big cash.......

#1 Psilvuheartbroken. is a good SR-103.....
#6 Bono's Best, SR of 103 has been tearing up the races of late, but he started in nw$6500 earlier this year, a whole differentt class of horses........I honestly believe he is topped out.......

Go Maltese Artist..........:cool:

9th Race ...The Levy Series FINAL.......$390K.........:D

My pick is #2 - SPECIAL REPORT......Larry Stalbaum driving....there are a lot of nice horses in here..and many ways of looking at it........this is my way of looking at things.........

Special Report, 2 back, ran a personal New Recent Top SR of 106, and the next week (week before the final) followed up with an even better SR of 107, and winning, beating Maltese Artist by a nk, in a front running efforst......A nice horse peaking at the right time...........Classy as well as any of these and FAST and FIT..........

#1 Tarver Hanover..., 2weeks ago ran a SR of 106 then a 100 following week
#3 Panaramic Art... ran a SR of 103 winning last week and is a very dangerous horse....
#4 Mypanamar...ran a SR of 106 and slowd to a 101 the next week....
#6 Took Hanover...ran a sparkling SR of 111. but bounced to 105 & finally a 103 last week..
#7 Rare Jewel..ran a SR 109 3 back and regressed to 107 then a 102.......

Good Luck and have fun......

humbly,

LottaKash
05-04-2008, 01:14 AM
The Levy final at Yonkers Raceway......$390K

9th Race - #2 Special Report WON....paid $ 7.00...3.40...2.70...and the exacta of 2/4 paid $42.60..

the fractions in this race were, 26:4...54:1...1:22.2...1:51.4...Folks, this is a 1/2 mile track...Whoa !!! ......... :eek:

The 8th Race Levy Consolation......$100K

#8 Maltese Artist went off at 5/2 and battled tooth and nail to the half in 26:4 ...55:3, with #3 and finally took a 2 hole seat that lasted thru the stretch, and faded to 6th...a valiant effort from the dreaded 8-hole, but no lottakash.....:cool:

Well, there's always next year for a sweep.........:jump:

best,