PDA

View Full Version : Errors in charts at Woodbine---Beware

Sea Biscuit
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
I know the job of a chartmaker is not an easy one but with the availability of fast replays at his finger tips such an error should never occur.

I am referring to race #10 April 24 Woodbine harness chart where it shows that MS Michelle D came second to PH Dreamer by 3/4 lengths.

The actual winning margin by PH Dreamer is a good 4 to 5 lengths. I just cant see how the chartmaker could have missed that. Even the race caller announced PH Dreamer leading by 5 lengths with only a 1/16th of a mile to go.

Such errors in charts can cause a great headache to a handicapper not to speak of putting a dent in your pocketbook.

LottaKash
05-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Hey Seabiscuit, very observant of you......you eagle eye, you......:eek:

Sea Biscuit
05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Thanks Lotta Kash for the compliment.

Have been meaning to ask you something.

You talk a lot about TM Speed Ratings.(TM SR)

What does the TM Stand for??

Excuse me for my ignorance.

LottaKash
05-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Thanks Lotta Kash for the compliment.

Have been meaning to ask you something.

You talk a lot about TM Speed Ratings.(TM SR)

What does the TM Stand for??

Excuse me for my ignorance.

"Trackmaster", the guys who give us the Past Performances for Harness Racing, for ALL the Harness Tracks in USA and Canada.........and as far as I know, other than the regular Track Program, Trackmaster is the only one I know of, that furnish Past Perfomance data.........

P.S. no need to excuse yourself about ignorance......I am still ignorant of many things......haha...Hey, If you don't ask and you might never know.....

best,

Sea Biscuit
05-02-2008, 02:30 AM
"Trackmaster", the guys who give us the Past Performances for Harness Racing, for ALL the Harness Tracks in USA and Canada.........and as far as I know, other than the regular Track Program, Trackmaster is the only one I know of, that furnish Past Perfomance data.........

P.S. no need to excuse yourself about ignorance......I am still ignorant of many things......haha...Hey, If you don't ask and you might never know.....

best,

My 5th grade teacher told me that once. If you dont ask questons, you will never know the answers.

I dont know if you believe in this or not, but I do believe that the final times in harness racing are totally dependent on how fast or how slow the half mile and the three quarter times go. The faster these two fractions go the faster will be the final times and vice versa. Sometimes the final times get screwed up by a slow pace by as much as a couple of seconds. I had always wondered if those Trackmaster people take into account the pace of the race when they evaluate the speed ratings of a race.

I once wrote a letter to Bob Pandolpho a letter about this sometime back.
Maybe I will dig up the old post and also his reply and repost on this forum.

Have fun at the races.

LottaKash
05-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Hey, Sea Biscuit,......You are spot on about pace being so instrumental to the final time.....That is why, for me, I do not put a lot of stock in final times, at least as far as the crowd does........Interiror fractions, and their knowledge and understanding of them, is what works best for me......

Pandy, is definitely the one to communicate with, if you are into getting the truthful picture of Pace and Velocity.....His harness Diamond Rating Software addresses this in many ways.....I just recently purchased his software, but, as of yet have not really put it to the test, as I am quite comfortable with my own methods of madness for now.......All the same, I am in the planning process of, making a spreadsheet that will compare the results of the software to my own picks.....

Horse racing speed is so objective, yet the final judgements are so subjective, marrying the two, is no eaasy task, to be sure.......yada,yada,yada,,,,,haha...

Have some racing fun.....cause when it becomes unfun, a change is in order.....

best,.....:cool:

Sea Biscuit
05-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I notice they corrected the mistake in the charts after I pointed Woodbine Entertainment about the error in the chart. At least thats a plus for them.

4 4 Ms Michelle D 4 3/4Q 3 /3Q 5@/5T 4/6 2/3Q