PDA

View Full Version : 20?!?!

Bubbles
04-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, Dutrow just let his arrogance get the best of him. Let's see how he tries to sweet-talk his way out of things when BB goes six-wide around the first turn and is nowhere to be found in the stretch.

ny0707ny
04-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, Dutrow just let his arrogance get the best of him. Let's see how he tries to sweet-talk his way out of things when BB goes six-wide around the first turn and is nowhere to be found in the stretch.

Only one horse has won from post 20. The horse that won was Clyde Van Dusen in 1929. He was a front runner! But one big catch. The track was rated muddy. My guess is that he was a mud horse and most of the others didn't like it. Front runners also have an advantage on mud remember. They acutally had 21 horses that year in the Derby! The horse in slot 21 came in 4th, out of the money.

Boris
04-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Given the options, I think it was a good choice. The 1 & 2 are certain death. 19 and 20 are just likely death. You can't gun to the front and settle to a crusing speed in this race. Too many horses coming down at you and the squeeze is no man's land. He'll have the full length of the stretch to try and find a way to slide left in a slot. Most likely wide on the turn, but he should have some horse to work with on the backside. I don't like him in the race, but the post selection was the right choice in terms of inside vs. outside.

Good Luck

Robert Fischer
04-30-2008, 06:36 PM
we have our selves a horse race!

ny0707ny
04-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Just reading that Clyde Van Dusen was a mud horse.

MNslappy
04-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Fill in your own Kent Desormeaux wide trip joke here ____ .

BeatTheChalk
04-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Just reading that Clyde Van Dusen was a mud horse.

You are kidding right !! :jump: Come on now .. fess up :lol: But now I am
interested. Soo here I go to Google :D :jump: :)