PDA

View Full Version : Caulks

Harvhorse
04-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Several times I have e mailed DRF including Steve Crist suggesting that they include mud caulks in the equipment line. I never got any response. If top notch trainers like; Contessa, Levine, Zito, McGlauglin, the jerken's to name a few consider caulks to be an advantage, than DRF should include caulks. When one of these guys claims a horse, and it is 1st time caulks when run back, it's pretty certain that horse will show improvment. Anybody on this board with DRF, please you your influence..
The next best thing to winning is losing

onefast99
04-30-2008, 03:12 PM
I think Contessa wears mud caulks himself!:lol:

ManeMediaMogul
05-01-2008, 12:01 AM
When is there too much information?

Why not let the trainer handle the caulks and you figure out who has the best chance of winning.

How many people want to know about lasix-adjunct medication?

Zero. Yet Kentucky makes a big deal out of it. It is meaningless.

Let Contessa or Levine do their magic and then bet on the horse because they claimed him and will move them up via caulks, gelding, doing their teeth, worming them, clearing up their cracked heels, changing their feed, injecting them and whatever else they do to win at an ungodly 30% clip.

The old steward, Alfred Shelhammer, loved to tell a story about a trainer who held a horse for seven or eight starts and then finally let him run. He won by 20 lengths!

The stewards called the trainer in to question him about the form reversal and he said, "I changed his bit. I was running him in a d-bit and this time I ran him in a ring bit."

Shelhammer said, "No bit ever moved a horse up 40 lengths!"

Should we put bit information in the Form?

I can see it now. "The Insider's Ring Bit System."

Eliminate horses who haven't raced in 30 days.

Eliminate any horses who have finished in the money in the past six months.

Consider for play, any horse using a ring bit, who wore any other bit in its previous starts providing the jockey who held it for the last six months is aboard today.

If two or more horses are tied, play the one with the longest odds.

They can sell it on eBay for $5 - PayPal preferred.

Tom
05-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Gee, cashing tickets might be why people want to know what is going in.

Pcon04
05-01-2008, 09:25 AM
what is lasix adjunct??

pcon4