PDA

View Full Version : For What it's worth Department : Trainer of Big Brown

BeatTheChalk
04-30-2008, 12:35 AM
pretty much said his horse " can't lose.." Quick interview video over at
Bloodlines. I also noted that each and every trainer said this :

" He went just like we wanted him to go ... very happy with the workout
just exactly right..." I am waiting for the trainer to say ..just once...
" Miserable work .. " :blush: :bang: :D :lol:

MNslappy
04-30-2008, 02:12 AM
I like BIG BROWN a lot right now, even at the short price. But Dutrow's over-the-top confidence is making me a little worried about the reaction among the racing gods to stuff like this:

"It's a horse race, and I have the best horse in the race. It's that simple. We're going to Kentucky to win, anything less than that is not going to be OK with us. I love the spot I'm in. I can't see anyone going into this race nearly as well as we are. There's such good karma going around the stable now that I don't see how he can get beat."

Semipro
04-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I like BIG BROWN a lot right now, even at the short price. But Dutrow's over-the-top confidence is making me a little worried about the reaction among the racing gods to stuff like this:Yeah really wish he would tone it down and let his horse and its fans do the talking. Haven't seen this much confidence since Joe Namath.

Tom
04-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Nameth delivered......will this guy?

Wickel
04-30-2008, 01:51 PM
The question is: Will Desormeaux deliver? He's very prone to error, especially in pressure situations.

DJofSD
04-30-2008, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't worry about KDES as much as I would about the horse. And as far as the trainers opinion is concerned, he can babble on all he wants. He's just looking at his horse and when he actually handicaps the race then perhaps I'll listen for two seconds -- and then bet against him!