PDA

View Full Version : What Tracks would you play for Longshots?

jcrabboy
04-29-2008, 02:58 PM
What tracks do you now consider longshot tracks given the advent of artificial surfaces, etc., etc.? Have you adjusted well enough to the new surfaces to take advantage of long odds or when the moonshot rolls are you left scratching your head or whatever part if your anatomy you choose to scratch?

Do the tracks you have always considered longshot tracks still rate that designation?

For example Hollywood this past sunday. It looked like Longshot-a-go-go. If you were hip to the changes you could have made your handicapping year in a single day. I wasn't-I didn't. (I was at Lone Star and didn't bother simulcasting)

Jimmie

cnollfan
04-29-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm usually left scratching my head when the chalk wins.

Evangeline seems friendly to prices.

Track Phantom
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
What tracks do you now consider longshot tracks given the advent of artificial surfaces, etc., etc.? Have you adjusted well enough to the new surfaces to take advantage of long odds or when the moonshot rolls are you left scratching your head or whatever part if your anatomy you choose to scratch?

Do the tracks you have always considered longshot tracks still rate that designation?

For example Hollywood this past sunday. It looked like Longshot-a-go-go. If you were hip to the changes you could have made your handicapping year in a single day. I wasn't-I didn't. (I was at Lone Star and didn't bother simulcasting)

Jimmie

Definitely Evangeline Downs. Full fields, poor local handicappers it would appear. Always full of prices and, quite often, prices that are attainable from reading the past performances.

The worst for prices?
1) No. Cal
2) So. Cal

BombsAway Bob
04-29-2008, 04:08 PM
Mountaineer races often leave me with a question mark on my face :confused:,
& that's saying something since I play Suffolk & Los Al regularly!

facorsig
04-29-2008, 10:37 PM
One of the most useful website links I have ever found shows where to find longshots while removing opinion from the equation:

http://www.homebased2.com/km/longshotchart.htm

Fred

PaceAdvantage
04-30-2008, 02:56 AM
Definitely a useful link. Thanks for reposting that....

jcrabboy
04-30-2008, 04:39 AM
One of the most useful website links I have ever found shows where to find longshots while removing opinion from the equation:

http://www.homebased2.com/km/longshotchart.htm

Fred

Thanks for the link. Excellent breakdown.

Jimmie