PDA

View Full Version : Two things I find curious . Being UNABLE to find;

formula_2002
02-17-2003, 12:03 PM
1. Web sites that make it easy to purchase a service like, internet providers, and simple way of canceling the service.

2. Paid tout's, who offer selections for a PRICE ,and present their past results in an intelligent manner.

Do you know of any?
Please post them here.

thanks
Joe M

formula_2002
02-17-2003, 12:08 PM
Here is one that is trying.

http://www.thoroughbred-world.com/

kitts
02-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Ever try to get detailed, step-by-step instructions on how to download, save and print the regular pps from the DRF? The instructions on paying for it are more easy to understand <g>

formula_2002
02-17-2003, 01:26 PM
odd eh?

Vigors
02-19-2003, 01:49 AM
More importantly....How about just one website, or person ,
to find out about how their BEST BET'S do vs. regular plays.....
I mean come on, it is only me......or if ANY of you were trying
to sell selections.....wouldn't they be your very best bet's that
you'd be giving away......or am I unknowly still wearing my rose colored spectical's. Let's let the emporer know we can see exactly
just how well he's hung.

levinmpa
02-19-2003, 09:27 AM
It should be pretty obvious why nearly all touts don't post their past results. 99% of them are losers and most are big losers. Even the few I've seen that post results are losers. Think about it. If you're a great handicapper, and a long term winner, why would you sell your selections. You'd make more by betting them yourself than you would by selling them and having the odds depleted. It's a simple concept, but people have been falling for these touts for years. Remember the old adage, "if it sounds too good to be true..."

The only way to be a winner in this game is to work hard, have a sound methodology, and impliment it properly. The harder you work, the luckier you'll be.

JustMissed
02-19-2003, 10:16 AM
As a fairly new player I have bought touts on many occassions as well as used free touts as provided by Jim Lehane and Jerry Stokes.

The most success I had betting cold was with the Florida sheet from TSN which covered Calder.

I have found the touts to be an educational tool either to learn from the touters or compare my own capping to theirs.

So many times the recommended horses shouldn't be bet because of paddock inspection, odds, warm-ups, or because an angle horse was overlooked for lack of local knowledge, etc., so at best the touts are just a contender listing.

I probably should not say this but if you bet touts cold, you are probably going to get what you deserve. If you use them for education or as contender listing to begin your own handicapping they may be money well spent.

JustMissed
:)

formula_2002
02-19-2003, 11:03 AM
levinmpa

I'll take issue with just one point you make.
There is good reason why a successful horse racing analysis would sell his information...the operative work is VOLATILITY..

Some people can better deal with with cd's or AAA BONDS then they can with stocks..

Joe M