PDA

View Full Version : Harness...Prc, & Mea...4-29-08

LottaKash
04-29-2008, 11:26 AM
While waiting for M1 & Mhk to come back into play this week, I was poking around, at a couple of tracks that I have abandoned playing, and spotted 2-plays that may offer a win or two.......

Mea...6th Race - #4 - WIZARD SPRINGS....since being claimed on 1/29 has been on a tear of sorts, winning 6 races against cheaper than these, for her new stable and the top rated trainer Mike Palone.......

4/8...in a $20K...be blew the doors off his competition, winning by 7-1/2 lgths.....in a lifetime best of TM-SR of 101...but when a horse takes a new Top SR by 6+ points, I generally look for a bounce, and the trainer will have to react to that fact.....and the trainer did, he gave this horse 2-weeks off, and then enters him in a class higher, into the FM Open for trotters. For me that is a tipoff that this horse is still Fast and Fit.....In that last boost-up race, on the surface, it would appear that he didn't do much in that race, but from the 7 hole he was hopelessly left behind at the 1/4, and by the 1/2 which was a slow 58:2, parked out 8th (when a closer is bogged down by a slow first 1/2 he will certaintly have his work cut out for him when trying to close on the leaders at the end) by the 3/4 - he passed 2 horses & gained 4 lengths, but still parked out 6th (his middle 1/4 was 28:4) & in the stretch he closed to 5th in 28:3 a nice finish in her new class, and if you put her 2 last 1/4's together, she had a last 1/2 in 57:2, and a last half such as this, in this class, is considered fast.......so to my way of thinking, this horse is still sharp, and forget about last year's record.....She is a new horse, and at 5yo old that is always possible......And a BIG Plus, the King "Dave Palone is back aboard.....maybe a nice number in here...and believe it or not, Palone does hand you a nice mutuel from time to time.......I'll take a shot........

the main competition:
#9 Whotookwhat.....has been dominating this class lately, but is saddled with the 9-post again.....
#8 Hidden Viggorish....making her first for the year, won her qualifier easily, in fair fractions...when right, SHE is better than these, trainer intentions unknown, may need a race from the 8-hole.....if she wins no surprise....
#7 Winning sister, on 4/15 fin 2d to #9, but was given a week off, and loses Palone to my pick....

7th Race @ Plainridge.......

Since last nite. this horse has been bugging me, as he possess's some things that I am always on the alert for......

#8 Pacific Sonata... TM-SR 81... this 8yo is making his 3d start for the year.....on 4/7 he qualified nicely, winning easy, on a slow track at Bangor,Me....no big deal, but, winning a qua easily is a always a Sure Sign of Fitness......

4/15...ships to Prc and was ambitiously place in a nw450ps, and finishes evenly, but take note, he closes off of a slow 1/2 in 59:2, where he was 9th at the 3/4 and passes 3-horses to fin 6th, but his last 1/4 was 28:2..a sure sign, that is he is still FIT........

4/22...what's this, he is boosted (when not needing to), to a much higher class nw600ps, and watch this, they smoked to the half in 56:3 and 3/4 in 1:25 flat....and in this race he was huffing and puffing parked out 4th and finally closed to get 3d in a 1:55 mile.....nice

Tonite he drops way back to nw300ps.....a no brainer, for sure, but he does have the 8-hole.....And the only things, other than dumb racing luck, that will overcome that poor position, is Class or Speed......and he has that....has a capable TR/DR in Wallace Watson. and does have the ability to get early position.....A nice situation, to be sure....but, you can't fall in love too much with the 8-hole..

the main competition....

#1...Mr Duplitron... TM-SR 76....is also taking a class dip, up until last week, his miles were just even, but, his last race was a wake-up mile, and will loom "the one I fear the most".......I will box with my pick.....don't care for the driver much, but he is in a good spot.....
#5...Third Down Delight...Took a TM-SR of 85 (best in here).but, since it was 11 pts. higher that his recent best of 74sr.....and he is such a cheap horse, I will bet on the notion that he will BOUNCE off that big SR...

LottaKash
04-29-2008, 09:35 PM
7th Race @ Plainridge.......#8.....Pacific Sonata....Won....$10.00 4.40 4.40.......x-8/6 = 65.20....He was a good boy........

6th Race @ the Meadows...#4 Wizard Springs...fin 4th and was dq'd and placed 8th.........Funny, first, a horse that I thought would win and pay a nice mutuel, goes off @ 6/5 (palone)....and coming down the lane the speed horse #9 started to tire, and the rail started to back up a bit..My horse was locked in and Palone made a boo-boo, he barely had room to get out, and he interferred with #5 and caused it to break stride..........Shame on you Palone...... the real shame was, because the 5 had tons of pace..and was coming once free.......Haha.......hey, racing luck............:cool:

best,

botster
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Nice call at Plainridge LK:ThmbUp:

LottaKash
04-30-2008, 12:47 AM
Thx Botster........that is a number I can always live with.......

btw. what a stinky card for 1st nite at Mhk....huh ?

best,