PDA

View Full Version : Trainer comments on women at Closing time

BeatTheChalk
04-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Quote from Blood Horse .. Trainer Roussel ( Of the Illinois Derby Winner )

“Everybody says he’s a longshot,” Roussel said of his Derby 134 candidate. “As a trainer, you want to see them get better.
There’s an old saying, ‘the women get better looking at closing time.’ You kind of play mind games with yourself – is he good enough, isn’t he good enough?”
I will bet that the ladies who read this article will say :mad: :ThmbDown:

Overlay
04-29-2008, 06:28 AM
Then they probably don't like Mickey Gilley, either. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zDGqLyTNy0

andicap
04-29-2008, 07:39 AM

“Everybody says he’s a longshot,” Roussel said of his Derby 134 candidate. “As a trainer, you want to see them get better.
There’s an old saying, ‘the women get better looking at closing time.’ You kind of play mind games with yourself – is he good enough, isn’t he good enough?”

I would wager the ladies would say the same thing -- the men get better looking too!

Shenanigans
04-29-2008, 06:11 PM

Not offended at all. Of course, that line is actually saying "the more you drink, eventually they all look good enough to take home." Same goes for the men.:p - I just hope Roussel isn't drinking while training his horse.:p

JustRalph
04-29-2008, 06:32 PM
Mickey Begat, Neal Mcoy's song............starring Rob Schneider and Jack Hanna

_76DJBzYKns

We need a few personalities in this Derby............. I am excited, but a little bored waiting.............

BombsAway Bob
04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
"She was a perfect TEN... a '4' and a 6-Pack" :jump: