PDA

View Full Version : Conditions for returning soldiers

46zilzal
04-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Taking good care of the troops? Doubtful as this father went on You Tube to expose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46vYZFU1Dew

46zilzal
04-28-2008, 07:41 PM
while BIG money is wasted:
Iraqis see red as U.S. opens world's biggest embassy

By Howard LaFranchi / Christian Science Monitor

BAGHDAD - For the average American who will never see it, the new US Embassy in Baghdad may be little more than the Big Dig of the Tigris.

Like the infamous Boston highway project, the embassy is a mammoth development that is overbudget, overdue, and casts a whiff of corruption.

For many Iraqis, though, the sand-and-ochre-colored compound peering out across the city from a reedy stretch of riverfront within the fortified Green Zone is an unsettling symbol both of what they have become in the five years since the fall of Saddam Hussein, and of what they have yet to achieve.

"It is a symbol of occupation for the Iraqi people, that is all," says Anouar, a Baghdad graduate student who thought it was risk enough to give her first name. "We see the size of this embassy and we think we will be part of the American plan for our country and our region for many, many years."

The 104-acre, 21-building enclave – the largest US Embassy in the world, similar in size to Vatican City in Rome – is often described as a "castle" by Iraqis, but more in the sense of the forbidden and dominating than of the alluring and liberating.

PaceAdvantage
04-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Well, at least Bush got something right with that embassy. Good for him! That part of the world enjoys its symbolism, and I can think of nothing finer or more symbolic than a big FAT American embassy right in the middle of the hornet's nest....

riskman
04-28-2008, 09:53 PM
“Sir, no sir!”
That’s the beginning of the end.

riskman
04-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Now, who is really concerned about America and the troops? Is it really these hucksters who are running Fort Bragg ?
It appears the base commander doesn’t really care about American soldiers or America in general. In fact, he despises America. He is convinced that America is a rotten and intolerant country and hopes to see his country fail in general. Who would accept this kind of crap?
If by "support" it means to actually care about the lives of these people, desire that they get out of harms way, be back with their families, then demand that they be treated better than a rat in a sewer. These conditions are despicable.

JustRalph
04-29-2008, 12:05 AM
there will be a new base commander soon......................

I am pretty sure the current one is trying to decide where to retire to...........

Burls
04-29-2008, 12:17 AM
Taking good care of the troops? Doubtful as this father went on You Tube to expose.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46vYZFU1DewYou wouldn't be insinuating that the US government should pay Haliburton less in order to finance such maintenance would you?
Have you considered how such a move would affect the price of Haliburton stock?
Vice President Cheyney shouldn't be expected to have the value of his Haliburton stock to go down just for something like this.

delayjf
04-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Vice President Cheyney shouldn't be expected to have the value of his Haliburton stock to go down just for something like this.
Why would it matter to him, he doesn't keep a dime of it, but I think you already know that. It just gives liberals a warm and fuzzy to pretend he's making all this money off of Haliburton. Well, I suppose they have to blame somebody for there lot in life. Why let the facts get in the way of good pity party.

delayjf
04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Comments from Soldier who just left Ft. Bragg.

Having left Fort Bragg before Christmas, I have a few things to say. There are a # of new barracks being built there for these men of the 82nd. If you go check out the barracks on the corner of Butner and Reilly you'll see the new style of barracks, very nice. You share a kitchen and have your own bathroom.
My problem is that single E-5's aren't given BAH to move off post.
These men deserve better than this, but I believe you rushed this a little. Something is being done, jus' not fast enuf.