PDA

View Full Version : MONDAY WOOD 4/28/08

botster
04-28-2008, 04:01 AM
Final night at the Wood.

7th 6 LICORICE TWIST 12-1 may have lost some interest when he was yanked into a hole last week by Hudon.The pilot tonight doesn't know the term "take back", and may be given the opps to roll on the lead,not unlike the mile two back were he was extremely game.

8th 2 THE MASCOT 8-1 has found his appropiate class and made a few moves last week.He was defeated by a very honest cheap claimer in last and doesn't have that one to deal with this evening.
9 TESSTERS ODD SOCK 10-1 wiill most likely be claimed this evening, but is probably better than most of these.Defeated a rejuvinated CHUCKIE CHASE two back,so they may be trying to steal one.

9th 6 KING COVENANT 12-1 i am banking on this 20 day layoff as the key for a top performance from this one.The same period of time was given to him when he won at huge odds on 2/11 of this year.
One of the things trainers need to know is when giving "something" to help a horse, is the time(s) you can give it, in relation to when it can't be detected on racenight.
Fellows has done a very good job with this trotter and is a good shot play in here.

Good Fortune All:jump:

botster
04-29-2008, 02:32 AM
Final night at the Wood.

7th 6 LICORICE TWIST 12-1 may have lost some interest when he was yanked into a hole last week by Hudon.The pilot tonight doesn't know the term "take back", and may be given the opps to roll on the lead,not unlike the mile two back were he was extremely game.

8th 2 THE MASCOT 8-1 has found his appropiate class and made a few moves last week.He was defeated by a very honest cheap claimer in last and doesn't have that one to deal with this evening.
9 TESSTERS ODD SOCK 10-1 wiill most likely be claimed this evening, but is probably better than most of these.Defeated a rejuvinated CHUCKIE CHASE two back,so they may be trying to steal one.

9th 6 KING COVENANT 12-1 i am banking on this 20 day layoff as the key for a top performance from this one.The same period of time was given to him when he won at huge odds on 2/11 of this year.
One of the things trainers need to know is when giving "something" to help a horse, is the time(s) you can give it, in relation to when it can't be detected on racenight.
Fellows has done a very good job with this trotter and is a good shot play in here.

7th 6 LICORICE TWIST 46-1, got the pocket, then steadily gapped and dropped back.

8th 2 THE MASCOT 6-1, secured the pocket, was no match for the winner late while finishing second.
9 TESSTERS ODD SOCK 6-1,as predicted was claimed.Left and tucked, came first up and tired in the stretch.

9th 7 KING COVENANT 7-1,was attempting to get into a live flow nearing the 3/4's, took a bad step, then broke.

LottaKash
04-29-2008, 11:45 AM
Botster, I'll bet you are looking forward to Mohawk....I think you are going to do very well there...as I believe the type of horses you are always looking for, will fare much better there than at Wdb, where speed horses usually have the best of it.......G.L.......I am still a fan......:jump:

best,

botster
04-29-2008, 12:25 PM
THANX LK...Things will pick up again soon, WEG circuit is where i run into these droughts once in a while.

The BigM will prove to be fruitful in the upcoming weeks.They race more to form there with less "funny business"...lol

Sea Biscuit
04-29-2008, 04:47 PM
Final night at the Wood.

Sorry Botster. Can't agree with you on the layoff period. A 20 day layoff is a no no for me. When a trainer has a hot horse in the barn, he generally wants to enter the horse as soon as possible and put one over. He would not want his horse sitting in the barn eating hay rations for 20 odd days.

botster
05-02-2008, 12:31 AM
Sorry Botster. Can't agree with you on the layoff period. A 20 day layoff is a no no for me. When a trainer has a hot horse in the barn, he generally wants to enter the horse as soon as possible and put one over. He would not want his horse sitting in the barn eating hay rations for 20 odd days.

Just saw this... on the surface your assumption is correct Sea Biscuit.The problem with that logic on this horse however is, "why did he win so easily on 2/11" (same amount of time off)?...When has this horse ever shown that kind of speed anywhere but the last eighth of a mile?
And look at the mutual...do you think a top barn like this one where shocked when he won??

Some horses have chronic breathing problems in this game and need treatments to help them take air.The problem here is, it better not be in the horses system when tested.If i knew my horse would make more money for me laid up 20 days, here and there, during a race season to help this problem... i would do it in a heartbeat.

I have had horses with breathing problems... they can be pretty useless.KING COVENANT has always been a NO GATE SPEED horse, and in this race 2/11, he blows them out! ...pretty obvious to me.